Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Oct 2021, 02:03 (Ref:4080346)   #5176
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Time to use up the left overs;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0031.JPG   _MG_0032.JPG   _MG_0544.JPG  

122.JPG   275.JPG   343.JPG  

Old 28 Oct 2021, 02:08 (Ref:4080347)   #5177
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sweeping up;
Attached Thumbnails
222.JPG   IMG_5132.JPG   IMG_5134.JPG  

IMG_6906.JPG   IMG_6921.JPG   IMG_7354.JPG  

Old 28 Oct 2021, 02:12 (Ref:4080348)   #5178
bauble
Veteran

England
I know!
Attached Thumbnails
359.JPG   398.JPG   IMG_4526.JPG  

A 6.JPG   IMG_1507.JPG   IMG_7375.JPG  

Old 28 Oct 2021, 04:58 (Ref:4080364)   #5179
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have said it before but I am rather fond of your left overs and sweepings. Love the blue Frazer Nash in #5176 at the bottom
Old 28 Oct 2021, 07:25 (Ref:4080372)   #5180
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry Chris that is not a Nash. It is the Bequet Delage. This was a Grand Prix car of the day driven by Rene Thomas and used an Hispano Suiza aircraft engine of just 12 litres.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 07:53 (Ref:4080377)   #5181
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Sorry Chris that is not a Nash. It is the Bequet Delage. This was a Grand Prix car of the day driven by Rene Thomas and used an Hispano Suiza aircraft engine of just 12 litres.
Whoops. My bad.
Thanks for the correction and info. I have to be honest and did not think it was a Frazer Nash badge, but not being able to identify the Delage badge I 'cheated' and searched the registration number on https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/
..... and they told me SV9108 was a blue Frazer Nash! So I took their word for it. Should have gone with my instinct that it was not a Nash badge.

Beautiful car none the less.....
Old 28 Oct 2021, 09:31 (Ref:4080386)   #5182
bauble
Veteran

England
Thanks RB I did not want to burst his bubble myself, I think it kinder coming from you. A few more for EB to ID for us.
Attached Thumbnails
DM (1).JPG   DM (2).JPG   DM (3).JPG  

DM (4).JPG   DM (5).JPG   DM (6).JPG  

Old 28 Oct 2021, 09:33 (Ref:4080387)   #5183
bauble
Veteran

England
To mollify EB;
Attached Thumbnails
GT (1).JPG   GT (2).JPG   GT (3).JPG  

GT (4).JPG   GT (5).JPG   GT.JPG  

Old 28 Oct 2021, 09:38 (Ref:4080388)   #5184
bauble
Veteran

England
And then put a smile on his face. Cheers EB.
Attached Thumbnails
aSR (1).JPG   aSR (2).JPG   aSR (3).JPG  

aSR (4).JPG   aSR (5).JPG   aSR (6).JPG  

Old 28 Oct 2021, 09:48 (Ref:4080389)   #5185
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Great pictures as always. EB isn't the only one with a smile on his face. Thanks guys
Old 28 Oct 2021, 15:19 (Ref:4080448)   #5186
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Whoops. My bad.
Thanks for the correction and info. I have to be honest and did not think it was a Frazer Nash badge, but not being able to identify the Delage badge I 'cheated' and searched the registration number on https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/
..... and they told me SV9108 was a blue Frazer Nash! So I took their word for it. Should have gone with my instinct that it was not a Nash badge.

Beautiful car none the less.....
It is not the Bequet Delage but a pastiche of it hence the F N registration and was built I believe by Roger Sweet

The obvious giveaway is the Curtiss aero engine instead of the Hisso that is in the B -D
Old 28 Oct 2021, 22:05 (Ref:4080489)   #5187
bauble
Veteran

England
Good to see some reaction on the thread, shows some people are viewing.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3905.JPG   IMG_4483.JPG   IMG_4495.JPG  

IMG_4517.JPG   IMG_3619.JPG   IMG_4530.JPG  

Old 28 Oct 2021, 22:08 (Ref:4080490)   #5188
bauble
Veteran

England
Let us hope for more;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5154.JPG   IMG_5213.JPG   IMG_5392.JPG  

IMG_5393.JPG   IMG_5399.JPG   IMG_5400.JPG  

Old 28 Oct 2021, 22:14 (Ref:4080491)   #5189
bauble
Veteran

England
Well it makes a change;
Attached Thumbnails
MP (2).JPG   MP (1).JPG   MP (3).JPG  

MP (4).JPG  
Old 29 Oct 2021, 02:18 (Ref:4080507)   #5190
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by relativtortoise View Post
It is not the Bequet Delage but a pastiche of it hence the F N registration and was built I believe by Roger Sweet

The obvious giveaway is the Curtiss aero engine instead of the Hisso that is in the B -D
Thanks RT for the additional info. And there was me thinking pastiche were things that originated in Cornwall (and were much copied ) and available in bakeries even down under.
One thing I have learnt is I can now recognise a Delage badge!
Old 29 Oct 2021, 02:31 (Ref:4080511)   #5191
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Well it makes a change;

It makes a change when I can recognise some of the faces.... (I have shown my skills are lacking with cars from before my time).
Jenson Button and Kevin Magnussen, RD of course, a McLaren team shot and Sam Michaels I think as the token Aussie. Year would be 2014 as Sam left at the end of that year and KMag joined at the start of it. Also Mercedes badges in the background.... they would be Honda in '15.
Old 29 Oct 2021, 09:21 (Ref:4080527)   #5192
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Also the pink shirts I am sure would have been in tribute of John Button, who died at the beginning of 2014
Old 29 Oct 2021, 15:07 (Ref:4080575)   #5193
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
And the special Tiger looks great, watta shape. Nice view.
Old 29 Oct 2021, 22:24 (Ref:4080620)   #5194
bauble
Veteran

England
What have we got;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4520.JPG   IMG_4531.JPG   IMG_4532.JPG  

IMG_4534.JPG   IMG_4535.JPG   IMG_4540.JPG  

Old 29 Oct 2021, 22:27 (Ref:4080621)   #5195
bauble
Veteran

England
Next, please;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5396 - Copy.JPG   IMG_5403.JPG   IMG_5404.JPG  

IMG_5408.JPG   IMG_5411.JPG   IMG_5417.JPG  

Old 29 Oct 2021, 22:32 (Ref:4080622)   #5196
bauble
Veteran

England
And again;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5455.JPG   IMG_5476.JPG   IMG_5482.JPG  

IMG_5484.JPG   IMG_5500.JPG   IMG_5515.JPG  

Old 29 Oct 2021, 22:33 (Ref:4080623)   #5197
bauble
Veteran

England
Goodnight!
Old 30 Oct 2021, 02:21 (Ref:4080645)   #5198
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Goodnight!
Old 30 Oct 2021, 07:03 (Ref:4080659)   #5199
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Goodnight!
No need to shout, I was already in bed !!!!!! you could have woke me up.
Old 30 Oct 2021, 08:18 (Ref:4080665)   #5200
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
No need to shout, I was already in bed !!!!!! you could have woke me up.
Good morning
Attached Thumbnails
Spring Start 08 013.JPG   IMG_2751.JPG   IMG_4543.JPG  

IMG_4507.JPG   IMG_5620.JPG   IMG_5990.JPG