Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 27 Dec 2020, 21:35 (Ref:4025447)   #3401
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I always remember when I had a VAT inspection many many years ago. VAT Lady tuned up at workshop and said that her husband had change a bulb on her car the day before and that the lights were now playing up. That's easy I said. He has put the wrong bulb in. Sure enough a 382 instead of a 380.
I had a Volvo relayed to me with a sodded up main ECU caused by a customer doing the same thing, he had replaced a double contact with a single one and as this had cambus wiring it sent 12v back along a 5v wire to the ECU. £700 later it was running again
I will probably take my old banger up to the workshop tomorrow and strip all the carpets out, apart from that a box of Swan Vestas might be in order
Oh and Tim I can't find the coil anywhere under the bonnet or on the engine on the HDI but I'll keep looking
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Dec 2020, 21:38 (Ref:4025448)   #3402
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Don’t do it Gordon I love that old car. Remember you took me from Brands to buy a new coil . 😀
Old 27 Dec 2020, 21:41 (Ref:4025449)   #3403
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Gordon, Mrs M says "mice". Voice of experience, and as is the way with women even when they have no experience they're usually right!
Seen plenty of cars sodded up by mice over the years, why do they like to eat wiring ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Dec 2020, 21:45 (Ref:4025450)   #3404
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Don’t do it Gordon I love that old car. Remember you took me from Brands to buy a new coil . ��
What I could do as it will actually run and drive is wait in the hope that my nearest oval circuit (Arlington) will be open next year and enter it in a banger race !
And Iain, no tow bar.
Old 28 Dec 2020, 02:34 (Ref:4025474)   #3405
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Years ago when I had the scrap yard I bought an Alfa 75 from somewhere in Lincolnshire. It turned out to have been stored in a potato barn and the rats had had a lot of fun with the wiring.......we got it going eventually but on a test run around the industrial estate I nearly lost the driver's door as it was that rotten, so I ended up breaking it - just as well as I'm not sure I'd ever have got rid of that rodent smell
Old 28 Dec 2020, 04:35 (Ref:4025480)   #3406
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Seen plenty of cars sodded up by mice over the years, why do they like to eat wiring ?
Because you dont leave them any cheese out.
Old 28 Dec 2020, 05:28 (Ref:4025482)   #3407
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Because they can find several different tastes, depending on the color of the wire. Know the proverb: superstitious mice dont eat green wires? Between eclectic and electric taste, I presume…
Old 28 Dec 2020, 10:10 (Ref:4025490)   #3408
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Oh and Tim I can't find the coil anywhere under the bonnet or on the engine on the HDI but I'll keep looking
It must be a bad earth then
Old 28 Dec 2020, 10:52 (Ref:4025495)   #3409
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah man, like, the earth gives such bad vibes what with Covid and global warming and stuff.

Didn't take you for a new ager, Tim!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 28 Dec 2020, 11:43 (Ref:4025496)   #3410
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Yeah man, like, the earth gives such bad vibes what with Covid and global warming and stuff.

Didn't take you for a new ager, Tim!
I think he's one of these conspiracy theories nutters
Old 29 Dec 2020, 10:46 (Ref:4025597)   #3411
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Jigsaw

If you know someone who likes doing Jigsaws and you have a wicked sense of humour (like our Son clearly has) this is the 150 piece Jigsaw he bought for his Mum for Christmas.
Obviously no picture on the pieces, so you can't tell which way is the right way up, and for a small extra payment they included 6 extra pieces some that were not even from this puzzle.
Obviously, after being married to me for over 20 years Mrs V has trained herself to be extremely patient, stuck at her task meticulously and managed to complete the puzzle in a couple of afternoons!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jigsaw.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	65963
Old 29 Dec 2020, 11:15 (Ref:4025598)   #3412
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Me and Mum have started our own jigsaw, luckily ours is an xmas scene
Old 29 Dec 2020, 12:43 (Ref:4025609)   #3413
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Gordon, my interpretation of it is that if you permanently reside in an EU country and are in receipt of S1 benefits (in the case of Spain), i.e. you receive an UK pension and are eligible for healthcare cover in that country, then you can apply for the new EHIC card that will run from 01/01/21.

I believe that it is part of the reciprocal agreement that covers EU citizens who currently reside in the UK.

Gordon, my understanding of the latest update, as linked by Peter, is still the same as above. That is, if you are a pensioner permanently residing in the EU and, in the case of Spain, are in receipt of S1 (that is health benefits) then you will be eligible to apply for a new EHIC card.
Old 29 Dec 2020, 13:22 (Ref:4025619)   #3414
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was up at the crack of sparrows this morning to wave an old friend off to France. Sold last week to a guy in the deep south who has his own racetrack to play on, Iain and I were planning how to get the car out of the country before 31st when the French border closed which kinda scuppered our plans. Once everything started moving again it proved impossible to get covid tests done privately over the holiday weekend so Iain switched from car to a freight ticket and the test was done FOC at the side of the M20 this morning, with the tailenders from Op Brock.

If you need a car bringing back from Marseille in the next 2 days, Iain's your man!
Attached Thumbnails
E-type en route 29 Dec 2020.jpg   IMG_6705.jpg  
Old 29 Dec 2020, 14:19 (Ref:4025628)   #3415
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Well done Iain, you deserve a special mention in Système D like débrouille! Private track in Marseille area…*Miramas belongs to BMW, could it be Fontange then?
Old 29 Dec 2020, 14:22 (Ref:4025630)   #3416
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
None of those Gerard .
Old 29 Dec 2020, 14:43 (Ref:4025632)   #3417
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
A clue mon ami - it's nearer Aix.
Old 29 Dec 2020, 15:04 (Ref:4025633)   #3418
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Circuit de Grand Sambuc
Old 29 Dec 2020, 15:12 (Ref:4025634)   #3419
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
(Grand) Sambuc?

Edit: Whoops. Didnt realise Iain had answered it.
https://www.google.fr/maps/@43.55689.../data=!3m1!1e3
https://www.pilotedudimanche.net/cir...nd-sambuc.html
https://www.ideesport.fr/pilotage/re...nd-sambuc.html

From the last link which details what you can drive for how many euros:
Quote:
30 minutes from Aix-en-Provence and 1 hour from Marseille , the Circuit du Grand Sambuc , welcomes you on 2km of track in the heart of the PACA region , in the Bouches-du-Rhône (13). Located at about 500 meters above sea level, you can admire in Ferrari, Porsche, Corvette, Audi, Lamborghini, Renault Mégane or Subaru the Alps, the Lubéron and the Sainte Victoire mountain!

Last edited by E.B; 29 Dec 2020 at 15:20.
Old 29 Dec 2020, 15:17 (Ref:4025635)   #3420
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Circuit de Grand Sambuc
Are you passing anywhere near me on your way back, Iain?
Old 29 Dec 2020, 15:32 (Ref:4025637)   #3421
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Lovely offer thank you John . Going to be pushed for time as Mrs D wants us back for NYE .
Old 29 Dec 2020, 15:34 (Ref:4025638)   #3422
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Colin has done the deal so I might just unload the E Type and do a couple of laps .
Old 29 Dec 2020, 15:35 (Ref:4025639)   #3423
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Lovely offer thank you John . Going to be pushed for time as Mrs D wants us back for NYE .
I'm getting a complex - that's twice you've stood me up!

I hope you've packed your snow shoes, you might need them.

Have a good trip.
Old 29 Dec 2020, 15:37 (Ref:4025640)   #3424
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Colin has done the deal so I might just unload the E Type and do a couple of laps .
You really should check it out before you hand it over!
Old 29 Dec 2020, 15:46 (Ref:4025641)   #3425
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ha, Grand Sambuc, not only you can admire the Alps but if my memory serves you can admire the sea too. Very good surface may be a little aggressive for the tires but must have been redone since I went there.