Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Oct 2013, 12:58 (Ref:3313146)   #151
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Rubens will not drive for Sauber in 2014. It has been confirmed. But that doesn't mean he isn't looking elsewhere. Ruby apparently has a bag with $15M in it for anyone who wants to give him a drive. Sauber has rejected the offer, but which team will be desperate to take it up??
Iirc. Ruben's didn't stay in Indycar because he didn't want to pay for a drive out of his own pocket (and who can blame him!), so where has this $15 M come from ? Surely he could have used some of that towards an Indycar ride, but didn't, so I have serious doubts he his it for F1.
Old 5 Oct 2013, 15:53 (Ref:3313183)   #152
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well which would you rather spend your money buying a drive in? Thought he had said multiple times that ovals didn't interest him and his wife REALLY wasn't a fan of his racing on them.
Old 5 Oct 2013, 15:54 (Ref:3313184)   #153
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I don't think Rubens was impressed with Indycar at all. A great span of the series raced under empty grandstands and dismal ratings. OK, he got a good innings out of the Brazil and Indy race but in his popular domestic series, he can command a wage and massive attention week in and week out.
Old 6 Oct 2013, 01:50 (Ref:3313362)   #154
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I don't think Rubens was impressed with Indycar at all. A great span of the series raced under empty grandstands and dismal ratings. OK, he got a good innings out of the Brazil and Indy race but in his popular domestic series, he can command a wage and massive attention week in and week out.

The 2012 IndyCar season was one of the best in the last 20 years or so. Rubens certainly was not disappointed with the fan crowds at Indy 500, where he mentioned that this race is more special than Monaco GP. Rubens was also lucky to enter IndyCar in the season when new chassis was introduced, so he was on equal footing with everyone else with regards to new car. However, he started whining louder and louder to towards the end of season about how it really hurt him to racing on the race tracks for the first time, and asking for extra practice time. It was sad reading. I concluded that if you put him into an average car, he will get an average result (sort of like Schummy in 2010-12). In the end, I think he would have liked to stay in IndyCar, but he did not have enough sponsor money.
Old 6 Oct 2013, 08:03 (Ref:3313409)   #155
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sauber Rules Out Barrichello For 2014

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 6 Oct 2013, 08:25 (Ref:3313414)   #156
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens did make an appearance at the Korean GP. One last time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wYkpLGRaPc
Old 7 Oct 2013, 01:25 (Ref:3313919)   #157
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Old 7 Oct 2013, 08:22 (Ref:3314003)   #158
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Iirc. Ruben's didn't stay in Indycar because he didn't want to pay for a drive out of his own pocket (and who can blame him!), so where has this $15 M come from ? Surely he could have used some of that towards an Indycar ride, but didn't, so I have serious doubts he his it for F1.
1) Easier to raise sponsorship for F1 rather than IndyCar; even though the sums of money required are ultimately very different. Try to talk to a big company executive about F1, he will at least know what you're talking about. Now try again with IndyCar, and you are likely to get a confused stare as an only result.

2) I would suspect that Rubens didn't imagine he would have to raise funds for his second year in IndyCar. Being a former F1 race winner he probably imagined he would be in the pace straight away, and that sponsors would quickly come by themselves after a few good results. Most observers thought he would contend for race victories out of the box, anyway. But, as it turned out, he struggled in mid-pack in his first year. By the end of the season, two things became obvious: a) he needed to find money, quick, to keep going; and b) he needed to get away from KV Racing and the partnership with his great pal Tony Kanaan(who brought him in the series in the first place) to be really competitive. I belive those two realities left his slightly frustrated with how things were heading, and therefore he decided to pick the comfort of the paid gig at home for 2013, instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I don't think Rubens was impressed with Indycar at all.
I don't think he was impressed by KV Racing, either. I could imagine that he slightly underestimated the advantage in terms of engineering the powerhouse Ganassi, Penske, and Andretti teams have, having been out of a (semi-)spec series for so long.

Last edited by W.A Trichlorostyrene; 7 Oct 2013 at 08:27.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 12:14 (Ref:3314076)   #159
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Old 7 Nov 2013, 09:27 (Ref:3328382)   #160
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kimi to drive for Sauber in 2013??

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Nov 2013, 11:10 (Ref:3328418)   #161
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Seems deeply unlikely, but stranger things have happened.
Old 7 Nov 2013, 12:12 (Ref:3328437)   #162
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If I was Massa I would hand his Ferrari to him, but...
Old 7 Nov 2013, 12:50 (Ref:3328453)   #163
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Raikkonen, Hulkenberg, Massa - Lotus, Sauber, Ferrari. Bernie could have them pick names out of a hat.
Old 7 Nov 2013, 14:14 (Ref:3328468)   #164
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Raikkonen, Hulkenberg, Massa - Lotus, Sauber, Ferrari. Bernie could have them pick names out of a hat.
Bernie's revolving door
Old 7 Nov 2013, 15:42 (Ref:3328487)   #165
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Bernie's revolving door
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24831606 - again...
Old 7 Nov 2013, 16:23 (Ref:3328498)   #166
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider View Post
You found it too Imagine how dangerous he'd be if he had all his faculties.
Old 7 Nov 2013, 16:29 (Ref:3328499)   #167
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
at least now the teams have a guaranteed way of keeping him out of their motorhomes