Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Nov 2015, 18:45 (Ref:3589776)   #1
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
St. Pete Fla. Event gone after 2017 ?

Looks like trouble is brewing for this event after 2017 . The promoters contract to put on the event ends in 2016 . The town council has asked the promoter to open his books so as to the city trying to get a better FEEL for starting negotiations for the events continuation .

The Promoter has basicly said " That ain't happening baby , I will move the event to another city / Location "

Sounds to me like Big Government trying to get a bigger piece of the PIE out of the deal !!

Not so sure the city has a right to DEMAND the promoter open up his books . Though the Lawyers will certainly have a field day with this trying to sort it out

Not sure if at this point Indy Car , PWC , etc have been asked to open their books yet but the local papers and radio stations are expressing concern in reguarding to local,businesss losses if it goes away of taking Several Million $$$ out of the local economy

If it should leave , any suggestions or comments as to where it should go ??
Old 11 Nov 2015, 19:06 (Ref:3589783)   #2
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems like Town Council needs to call some other
host cities of similar events and see what the market
looks like. Oh well - community organizers.
Old 11 Nov 2015, 19:34 (Ref:3589787)   #3
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
At this point I think the biggest looser in all this will be INDY CAR .

Though I think we need to see how next years " Boston Race " turns out for them .Still some sketchy details hanging . Will PWC be scheduled at the Boston event ?
Old 11 Nov 2015, 19:48 (Ref:3589790)   #4
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
No.
Old 11 Nov 2015, 20:01 (Ref:3589794)   #5
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I've heard the rumor as well Bob.

I very much doubt the event is actually making money, seems it's more a promotion type of thing for the city. If they cover the deficit in the annual budget, they have every right to demand that insight in those book - heck, I would have wanted it from the start if the promoter comes knocking on my door to fill the gap!

Not sure if losing the event for either Indycar or PWC would be such a big deal, other than having limited other options in favorable weather conditions at that time a year. With CotA hitting more financial issues towards their F1 GP it might open the door to Indycars... (and PWC is already there).
Old 11 Nov 2015, 20:55 (Ref:3589802)   #6
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Coach Ep : I have no knowledge of the contract between the promoter and the city of St. Pete . Although I would assume somewhere it is a matter of public record . Do you have knowledge that the event for the promoter was a break even dollar wise for the promoter ?

I guess what I am asking is did the city subsidize the promoter to put on the event ?
Old 12 Nov 2015, 13:34 (Ref:3589925)   #7
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shouldn't it be transparent? They are dealing with tax payers money here.
Old 13 Nov 2015, 00:25 (Ref:3590039)   #8
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From RACER:
http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/12...-deal-extended
Old 13 Nov 2015, 00:43 (Ref:3590042)   #9
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Well things certainly changed in the past few days !!! I am wondering if the Council members will still pursue asking about Mr, Green opening up his books . Or is there something we are NOT being told ???
Old 13 Nov 2015, 13:55 (Ref:3590155)   #10
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Excellent news! Plus dates for '17 + '18 already given, kudos!
Old 13 Nov 2015, 14:01 (Ref:3590158)   #11
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A lot we are not being told, I am sure, but Savoree-Green a consummate professionals, and I am sure they know when to not be bullied and when to bend a little bit.

I assume a couple council members decided to make a power play, Savoree-Green outmaneuvered them, the rest of the board went with Savoree-Green, and IndyCar is set until 2020.

Those politicians might not have understood that to be big in racing takes immense political skill, while to be big in local Florida politics ... the bar might not be so high.
Old 13 Nov 2015, 14:12 (Ref:3590160)   #12
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really, to me in other articles it was the promoter that seemed like a con-man trying to scare or bully the mark into going along with the scam, saying how he didn't need them and they'd be sorry if they let him go.
Old 13 Nov 2015, 15:18 (Ref:3590176)   #13
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Seems they thought he was right, in the end.
Old 13 Nov 2015, 18:33 (Ref:3590203)   #14
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Me Thinks The Same Thing Too!!