Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 21 Mar 2001, 01:54 (Ref:73201)   #1
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WHAT CARS DO WE ALL DRIVE? WHAT ARE YOUR DREAM CARS?
Old 21 Mar 2001, 01:55 (Ref:73202)   #2
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I DRIVE A FORD FOCUS - OR WILL DO WHEN I GET IT SOMEWHEN IN EARLY APRIL!!

MY DREAM CAR HAS TO BE A TVR CERBERA ANY TYPE JUST AS LONG AS IT HAS A V8 AND IN BRITISH RACING GREEN
Old 21 Mar 2001, 04:35 (Ref:73219)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1973 Ferrari Dino GTS. Blue. If I can't have a Lotus 79 (The Most Perfect Car Ever Made), I will love my Dino.

Sadly, the Lamborghini must rest in peace at the bottom of my pool, as Sparky says it is not worth salvaging. It does look rather artistic there....
Old 21 Mar 2001, 07:51 (Ref:73244)   #4
Paul V
Racer

Paul V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My current car is an Alfa Romeo 164 with the rather nice 24v V6, my dream car list includes

Mclaren F1
Alfa Romeo SZ
Mazda RX-7 (I like rotaries)
Most current model TVR's (I like Peter Wheelers style & they have put their money behind the Tuscan race series)
Old 21 Mar 2001, 12:40 (Ref:73273)   #5
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I don't drive my own car, but my mom is a Mitsubishi Lancer gli.

My dream car is a mercedes SLK 230 k, not a big fancy one but I love it. Well I also like the Audi S3.
Old 21 Mar 2001, 13:03 (Ref:73281)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

'my' car is a bmw 316i (1990, i think) old body shape french registered left hooker. when i'm really good, i get to drive my mum's m3 evo p reg convertible. this fails to impress me. too much power, and it's too flimsy. it wobbles all over the place.

my dream car is a m325i (1990 or there abouts) black, couple of skirts, left hand drive. we used to have one, but my mum had an accident....

my really dream car is a ford puma. aaah. or the new tvr monster that looks like a flying saucer, with the door handles on the wing mirrors. phwoar.
Old 21 Mar 2001, 13:46 (Ref:73291)   #7
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My current car is a 2000 Kona Ford Focus ZX3.

My dream cars include:

1. Porsche 911 Carrera
2. Audi TT Roadster
3. Ferrari 360 Modena
4. Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Hey Spoonerboro, what model focus are you looking into. I am throroughly enjoying my ZX3. Not a speed demon, but it does handle quite well and is fun to drive.
Old 21 Mar 2001, 13:58 (Ref:73294)   #8
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
my really dream car is a ford puma. aaah
So you'd like My Ford puma then (It is a very good drive, I'd recommend it.)

As for dream cars, that's hard, but a Ferrari Daytona Spider would suffice.

Last edited by Marshal; 21 Mar 2001 at 13:59.
Old 21 Mar 2001, 14:11 (Ref:73298)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
marshal - is it? cool. we're getting rid of my little old 3 series (whisper now - she can hear you, and she won't take me home this evening if she thinks i'm keeping secrets...), and it's on my wanted list. the 3 series used to handle really well - you could feel everything through the wheel and your arse, but the suspension's dying and the cluthc is slipping a lot, so it's time to say goodbye...

they do any souped up versions of the puma? worst car mod i've ever seen is a puma with a teatray on stilts attached to the bootlid. it was terrible. talk about some things are best left alone...
Old 21 Mar 2001, 14:41 (Ref:73303)   #10
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The only official "souped up" version is the Ford racing Puma, but that costs far too much. I agree that the basic shape is pretty good so there isn't that much that you can do to improve it.

Oh, back on thread, I forgot my other dream car, a Sunbeam Stilleto which has been suitably breathed apon.
Old 21 Mar 2001, 14:57 (Ref:73305)   #11
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Sadly, the Lamborghini must rest in peace at the bottom of my pool, as Sparky says it is not worth salvaging. It does look rather artistic there....
Just got my photos back from the last bash, Liz.

You're right. It does look good... kind of an expensive pump for a water feature, though!
Attached Thumbnails
liz's pool.jpg  

Last edited by Sparky; 21 Mar 2001 at 14:58.
Old 21 Mar 2001, 15:25 (Ref:73310)   #12
Hans.ca
Racer

Hans.ca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My car is not a car, it's a truck. Ford F150 extended cab 4x4 with a 5 liter V8 engine that drinks gas like there is no tomorrow. On a good day it will use 18 liters to the 100 km and loaded it averages 20 liter per 100 km, thats on the highway.It is only worth having when you are stuck about 200 miles from the nearest service station and you really need 4 wheel drive to get out. That happened to me last fall while hunting north of Thunderbay.
Now as for my dream car, there are many but on top of the list of new cars is a Porche 911 twin turbo, 2000 or 2001 model, colour must be silver. As for the historic model it is the Mercedes 300 SL, also in silver, with the Mila Miglia fuel tank so I can drive from Toronto to Winnipeg without stopping at a gas station.
Old 21 Mar 2001, 16:41 (Ref:73315)   #13
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sparky, you are a genius. No question.

Now who's got a block and tackle?
Old 21 Mar 2001, 17:04 (Ref:73321)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe we should just add goldfish?

Sparky, I'm glad you were sober enough to take a great picture like that! I don't think Bluebottle's pictures came out.
Old 21 Mar 2001, 18:18 (Ref:73331)   #15
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sparky, I applaud your genius.

I've got a new VW Golf with the 1.8L turbo. Its a blast to drive. Our other car is a white '99 Passat Wagon. I just got new 16" "Mille Miglia" Cello wheels with low profile Conti's for the Passat-its road manners have been improved considerably.

As Neil said on a previous thread, I get to drive which ever car my wife will let me use. My feeling is, if I gotta drive a wagon with a child's seat in the back, at least I can have decent looking wheels.
Old 21 Mar 2001, 19:04 (Ref:73343)   #16
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this is about the 8th time I've said this in the forums, but hey, who's counting? Actually, Sparky probably is... (sorry!)

My current weapon of choice in the road-race that is my daily commute is a Peugeot 306 D Turbo. Small, quick and ridiculously economical ( 48+ mpg without having to try)

I'm currently trying to buy an Alfa Romeo 156, but unless I get an order in in the next two weeks, it won't be delivered until September. Which may force my hand and cause me to buy something like a Golf TDI instead.

If anyone has an opinion on the 156, I'd be very pleased to hear it... ta.

Last edited by MichaelC; 21 Mar 2001 at 19:04.
Old 21 Mar 2001, 19:20 (Ref:73350)   #17
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a Nissan 200SX, my second one. The first the 1800t this one the newer 2000t version.

Aside from a Ferrari 250LM which would not be very practical for normal use, I would quite like another Nissan 200SX please.

Simon
Old 21 Mar 2001, 19:47 (Ref:73360)   #18
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a Ford Fiesta! Dream car, now that would have to be a Rolls Royce!
Old 21 Mar 2001, 19:59 (Ref:73363)   #19
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My current car is a 1996 Vauxhall Corsa which is green when it isn't covered in mud, it's the sucessor to a couple of Vauxhall Novas I've also owned.
Dream car - I've said this on here before, I've got a thing about classic Jags.
Old 21 Mar 2001, 23:19 (Ref:73432)   #20
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Liz's Lambo at the bottom of the pool is surely the same size as the yellow F1 Jordon-esque matchbox jobbee that sometimes appears during cornering in the footwells of my rather boring '91 Mazda 626 with kid seats in the back.

As a kid, an E-type would have been it, due to hanging around at the British car garage across from the house. Today, I'd have to say that something small and light like an Elise would definately fit the bill (not that there are any over here).
Old 21 Mar 2001, 23:27 (Ref:73433)   #21
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've mentioned our Granada before,a mk2 2.3lx, and I've posted a picture of the Vincent Hurricane- but only now can I show you my Dutton Sierra in all it's colourful glory......
Attached Thumbnails
sierra.jpg  
Old 21 Mar 2001, 23:27 (Ref:73434)   #22
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Current everyday car: 1998 Vauxhall Corsa

Current spread-around-the-garage-in-pieces car: 1970 Mercedes 220

Practical proposition for a dream car: Aston Martin DBS

Alltime dream car....

... does anyone seriously have to ask me this after all this time?

Oh, what the heck - any excuse.

Behold - the greatest car in the world!
Attached Thumbnails
ago406.jpg  
Old 21 Mar 2001, 23:29 (Ref:73436)   #23
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isn't it lovely?
Old 21 Mar 2001, 23:31 (Ref:73437)   #24
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'll say.

Oh, the Dutton!

Yes, 'Bottle. Very nice. It's so very you.
Old 21 Mar 2001, 23:33 (Ref:73438)   #25
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Hey, Tim- you sneeked in there between my two posts, but the comment fits your picture quite well!