Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 31 Mar 2011, 13:14 (Ref:2856359)   #126
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs 200 View Post
looking at the videos coox was in front enough to say to Liam there will be no room . but Liam has this thing of keeping ya foot in when a gap is not there ,this is where young heads in super cars does not work ,he needs to calm down a bit ,
both were on the brakes when they came together

Old 31 Mar 2011, 13:17 (Ref:2856360)   #127
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedwardes518 View Post
Just thought I would share this onboard footage from heat 3 in the BMW MINI. Unfortunately my camera wouldn't record the final (bit hard hitting the right buttons when strapped into the seat) shame as there would of been some interesting footage of kris' roll, but thats another story!
Old 31 Mar 2011, 14:20 (Ref:2856381)   #128
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedwardes518 View Post
Just thought I would share this onboard footage from heat 3 in the BMW MINI. Unfortunately my camera wouldn't record the final (bit hard hitting the right buttons when strapped into the seat) shame as there would of been some interesting footage of kris' roll, but thats another story!

http://www.youtube.com/user/EdwardesRacing?feature=mhum

Bit of a funny weekend for the team in the end, the new MINIs preformed faultlessly with no problems considered they haven't had much running in. Some good on track action I felt from my position, just need to get more performance out of my car to catch up with the rest and get back to the front of the pack

Just out of interest, what did the others think of the New MINI. Was it a hit and as enjoyable to watch as the old seniors?? Would be good to get some feedback to pass on to the other competitors/my sponsors.

George
As an ex minicrosser found it quite interesting but to make it as much fun you need a fair few more of them.
Shame the swifts have come along at the same time but will watch with interest this year.
Old 31 Mar 2011, 16:09 (Ref:2856415)   #129
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
both were on the brakes when they came together

The light on Coox' car is not a brake light.
It's the light explained here on page 3: http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public...E/279_2011.pdf
Old 31 Mar 2011, 16:09 (Ref:2856416)   #130
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
What are Rob Gibson's plans in the BMW Mini class?
Old 31 Mar 2011, 16:55 (Ref:2856430)   #131
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Thanks mivec didn't know about those rear lights
Old 31 Mar 2011, 21:18 (Ref:2856542)   #132
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just seen all the rolls at lydden,hope everyone is well.

BB....
Old 1 Apr 2011, 07:24 (Ref:2856658)   #133
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched the highlights last night, the racing looked great in all the catergories. Commentary left a bit to be desired again, still getting basic facts wrong. Did you know that the ERC is back at Lydden for the first time in years this year! They didn't show half the finals as well, MSA Super National, RX150. BMW Mini, Hot Hatch, Juniors. Shame because it looked like it had been a great days racing.
Old 1 Apr 2011, 13:16 (Ref:2856826)   #134
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Watched the highlights last night, the racing looked great in all the catergories. Commentary left a bit to be desired again, still getting basic facts wrong. Did you know that the ERC is back at Lydden for the first time in years this year! They didn't show half the finals as well, MSA Super National, RX150. BMW Mini, Hot Hatch, Juniors. Shame because it looked like it had been a great days racing.
There was still an hours worth of racing after the live coverage finished at 5pm, infact the minis didn't get a rerun due to the 6pm curfew

I thought they carried on filming after the live feed stopped. The supercar final was brought forward to make sure it got on the live programme.

There were a few delays to wait for ad breaks to pass before races could start, and then the Joel doran incident to clear up followed by the Liam doran incident.

Otherwise I guess a few more finals would have made the live programme
Old 1 Apr 2011, 17:57 (Ref:2856978)   #135
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nothing professional, but a few of my shots.

Rest of the set can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2296161...7626280689189/

Old 2 Apr 2011, 14:09 (Ref:2857356)   #136
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just watched a few races

Jesus the dust was appalling, is there any reason why it was not watered? Or is it the age old thing that we as fans hate it but the drivers dont really mind it?
Old 3 Apr 2011, 16:06 (Ref:2858086)   #137
MiniMadness
Veteran

Canada
Glen Allen VA/Kent UK
MiniMadness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I thought as much. She asked for £15, I said it was £12, she argued, I heard the crackle of ALS from cars on the start line and just paid her £15 for everyone in my party to get in there as quickly as possible.
Interesting you mention this. I was charged £15 aswell although I questioned the 'said woman' that I thought it was £12, but she insisted it was £15.

A couple of friends arrived a couple of hours later and paid £24 for two !! Where's the extra few quid going ?
Old 4 Apr 2011, 08:28 (Ref:2858418)   #138
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMadness View Post
Interesting you mention this. I was charged £15 aswell although I questioned the 'said woman' that I thought it was £12, but she insisted it was £15.

A couple of friends arrived a couple of hours later and paid £24 for two !! Where's the extra few quid going ?
I don't know, thats a good question. If it was a genuine case of mis-communication then thats fair enough. Seems funny how those who argued got tickets for £12, when those who didn't ask any questions got charged £15 though.
Old 4 Apr 2011, 16:13 (Ref:2858663)   #139
rs 200
Racer

rs 200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got charged £15 like most ,i would put it down to very low numbers for a main event, trying it on ,
i think a bit more on the advertising would have done them some use ,i did not see one advert ,radio TV, lamp post ,
they will only get away with it once now we all no
nick
Old 4 Apr 2011, 16:33 (Ref:2858670)   #140
MiniMadness
Veteran

Canada
Glen Allen VA/Kent UK
MiniMadness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw one sign on a telegraph pole on the A2 towards Dover, but it was after you had already driven passed Lydden !!

It will probably be £15 for everyone next time. That's not the issue, it would be nice if everyone was charged the same, we're only asking for consistency.
Old 4 Apr 2011, 16:58 (Ref:2858687)   #141
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMadness View Post
It will probably be £15 for everyone next time. That's not the issue, it would be nice if everyone was charged the same, we're only asking for consistency.
Exactly. I could understand the wrong information being on the website, or the cost changing due to lower attendance then expected, but a fluctuating price throughout the day just gives the impression that someone is trying it on*.

(* please note I say impression - I'm not implying that it was intentional, so please no one take offence).