Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 9 Mar 2011, 20:37 (Ref:2842970)   #1
sashchris
Rookie

England
newton aycliffe
sashchris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stockhatch / Hothatch 2011

with regards to stockhach/hothatch cars and drivers, whose doing what this year ?
Old 9 Mar 2011, 22:00 (Ref:2843021)   #2
Darren Wilcox
Rookie

Darren Wilcox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm doing Hothatch in the British championship, seems like the logical step for me with a new car, was wanting to follow the British rounds anyway prior to all the changes and fortunately the new build that was planned fitted in with those changes, though we were to be traveling to all rounds this year with freinds and there cars don't qualify so it's screwed up the social side a bit.
Old 10 Mar 2011, 20:01 (Ref:2843536)   #3
sashchris
Rookie

England
newton aycliffe
sashchris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah its a shame about that good luck with your new car , its a C2 isn,t it , having a 205 myself will be doin the btrda, will miss not being at all the BRC rounds tho will see how this hothatch category pans out this year
Old 16 Mar 2011, 23:04 (Ref:2847168)   #4
AlamakiRX
Racer

AlamakiRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashchris View Post
with regards to stockhach/hothatch cars and drivers, whose doing what this year ?
From what i know and seeing the BRC entry list i think the following cars are around in Hot Hatch:

Baxter, Swan, Jones, Wilcox, Simpson, Duke, Cunningham, Swales

BTRDA Stockhatch is harder as know one seems to be committing to what they are doing:
Harper? D.Clarke? Martin? Cree? Peters? Liddle? Hardie? Rook? Smith? Love? Woloch? Potter? Hickey? (D.Clarke old car?), Jackson? Bushell? Heppenstall? Others.....?

Maybe some drivers above can shed some light on where and when they competing this year, only 5 weeks to first event on April 17th.
Old 17 Mar 2011, 11:24 (Ref:2847369)   #5
Hickey1
Racer

England
Maidstone, Kent
Hickey1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamakiRX View Post
BTRDA Stockhatch is harder as know one seems to be committing to what they are doing:
Harper? D.Clarke? Martin? Cree? Peters? Liddle? Hardie? Rook? Smith? Love? Woloch? Potter? Hickey? (D.Clarke old car?), Jackson? Bushell? Heppenstall? Others.....?

Maybe some drivers above can shed some light on where and when they competing this year, only 5 weeks to first event on April 17th.
I am hoping to attend a couple of events this year in the Stockhatch category, starting with Blyton in April if I am lucky. Then Lydden in August and possibly Mallory in October.
Old 17 Mar 2011, 11:32 (Ref:2847380)   #6
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must be nice seeing your name in lights, bro?!
Old 17 Mar 2011, 15:31 (Ref:2847538)   #7
daz2202
Racer

England
Canterbury
daz2202 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be doing a couple of meetings. The only one i defo will be at is Lydden in august. Bit dissapointed not to be following the british around as it always helps to make an entertaining day watching all the other classes too. And we lose a Lydden round !!!

I may look to drop a 16v in my saxo towards the end of the year so i could do hothatch next year as it looks to me thats where everyone is going.

Other drivers I know of are doing

Nick Potter - couple of blytons and end year lydden
Dave Martin - couple of blytons and end year lydden
Old 17 Mar 2011, 15:40 (Ref:2847540)   #8
AlamakiRX
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz2202 View Post
I will be doing a couple of meetings. The only one i defo will be at is Lydden in august. Bit dissapointed not to be following the british around as it always helps to make an entertaining day watching all the other classes too. And we lose a Lydden round !!!

I may look to drop a 16v in my saxo towards the end of the year so i could do hothatch next year as it looks to me thats where everyone is going.

Other drivers I know of are doing

Nick Potter - couple of blytons and end year lydden
Dave Martin - couple of blytons and end year lydden
Daz do youknow if Dave and Nick are doing Blyton on April 17th? Shame you wont be seen at more events! Guess hot hatch could be the place to be
Old 17 Mar 2011, 16:40 (Ref:2847584)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Is a car built for the BMW MINI class also eligible for the hot hatch class? Or are the modifications allowed in the MINI class beyond those of hot hatch?

I was wondering initially whether they'd be running together at Lydden - I guess the MINIs will be amalgamated with something?
Old 20 Mar 2011, 21:34 (Ref:2850249)   #10
Darren Wilcox
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashchris View Post
yeah its a shame about that good luck with your new car , its a C2 isn,t it , having a 205 myself will be doin the btrda, will miss not being at all the BRC rounds tho will see how this hothatch category pans out this year
No mines a Saxo, Apparently theres six entries for Lydden at the moment which i belive will be enough for a grid. And maybe mix us with the minis think they are allowed more mods but i'm sure will be similar in pace.

Couple that i know of are Martin Peters doing BTRDA and Kevin Liddle if he sells his 8V car will be joining the british championship with his rally car converted for rallycross. Or BTRDA if the car dos'nt sell.
Old 31 Mar 2011, 13:26 (Ref:2856362)   #11
mk2stu
Rookie

mk2stu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im looking at starting rallycross next year and im thinking of going into the hot hatch class but im sitting on the fence to see what variaty of cars are going to be entered!im going to be starting from scratch with building a car specifically for the class so want to build somthing thats going to last as far as regs are concerned!(the 10 year age limit)i was considering using a saxo but im not sure when they will be eligable till?then my thoughts turned to using a mk6/6.5 fiesta(im a ford boy at heart) and basing it on the zetec s models which are 1600 16v but not sure now as im not sure what itll be up against?any insight before i take the plunge would be nice
Old 31 Mar 2011, 18:30 (Ref:2856466)   #12
jcrally
Rookie

jcrally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would take a look at the BMW minis
Old 31 Mar 2011, 21:12 (Ref:2856539)   #13
Darren Wilcox
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrally View Post
I would take a look at the BMW minis
If you want to go half as fast for twice the price of a hothatch !!!!

Don't think the fiesta would be a competative option, C2 has to be the car to go for though the saxo will still be ok until the end of 2013. To give you an idea of cost my new saxo has cost around £4500 to build but i did use the suspension from my old car. My old car was £1700 and i won three rounds with it last year so you dont have to spend a fortune.
£7-8 k would build you a nice C2 but it al depends what you have to spend, if you have £10-12 k go suzuki's i would of but we were quicker at Lydden than nearly all of them aswell
Old 1 Apr 2011, 22:44 (Ref:2857133)   #14
jcrally
Rookie

jcrally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Wilcox View Post
If you want to go half as fast for twice the price of a hothatch !!!!

Don't think the fiesta would be a competative option, C2 has to be the car to go for though the saxo will still be ok until the end of 2013. To give you an idea of cost my new saxo has cost around £4500 to build but i did use the suspension from my old car. My old car was £1700 and i won three rounds with it last year so you dont have to spend a fortune.
£7-8 k would build you a nice C2 but it al depends what you have to spend, if you have £10-12 k go suzuki's i would of but we were quicker at Lydden than nearly all of them aswell
Darren . There are different ways to look at this, its down to the individual. I am in super national you, hot hatch. we both need open cheque books to win.

The mini is a way forward, it may not be as quick but it will get folkes on the grid. As for cost I think you are way out, speaking to the mini crews a 6k car is achievable perhaps less. And its a third of a swift.

Still think the mini is worth a look, not knocking you or any other class. Good luck for the season

John
Old 4 Apr 2011, 19:52 (Ref:2858787)   #15
mk2stu
Rookie

yeah i had considerd the minis but wasnt sure what the build costs would be at the time now i kknow it is still is somthing that i may consider still!
what sort of power do the citreons put out with the allowed modifications?from the regulations it seems that weight limits can change to make up for any power differences to level things up?
Old 5 Apr 2011, 07:15 (Ref:2858969)   #16
daz2202
Racer

England
Canterbury
daz2202 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think it matters what power the car puts out, as long as all the cars on the grid are the same, thats what gives very close racing.
Old 5 Apr 2011, 17:32 (Ref:2859273)   #17
mk2stu
Rookie

was only wondering on power as a rough guide to see what else would be competative other than a citreon?

of topic i like youre sig im just down the road from you in margate if every their was a problem with welfare excess its here!gotta love walking home from work along the seafront to see all the bums having a drink on us!
Old 7 May 2011, 20:05 (Ref:2876436)   #18
AlamakiRX
Racer

For Sale

I have/know a number of stockhatch/hothatch cars for sale if anyone is looking to get into the sport or change cars:

2002 built (1998) Citroen Saxo VTR 4th in last years BTRDA championship, can be used in stockhatch and easy/cheap conversion to 16v car for hothatch and eligible until end of 2014.

Newly built Citroen Saxo VTS in white, good strong engine, can include harness and seat in sale, ready to go eligible for hothatch until end of 2014

1400cc Peugeot 205 XS stockhatch car, professionally built by Spoox Motorsport, Leicester.

All cars are ready to race, and for sale at the right price and all have good spares packages, engines, gearboxes, shafts, wheels and tyres.

Offers accepted on all, PM for more info ALL cars and spares must go, space needed for new projects.
Old 10 May 2011, 20:22 (Ref:2878386)   #19
Audi S1
Racer

Audi S1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamakiRX View Post
I have/know a number of stockhatch/hothatch cars for sale if anyone is looking to get into the sport or change cars:

2002 built (1998) Citroen Saxo VTR 4th in last years BTRDA championship, can be used in stockhatch and easy/cheap conversion to 16v car for hothatch and eligible until end of 2014.

Newly built Citroen Saxo VTS in white, good strong engine, can include harness and seat in sale, ready to go eligible for hothatch until end of 2014

1400cc Peugeot 205 XS stockhatch car, professionally built by Spoox Motorsport, Leicester.

All cars are ready to race, and for sale at the right price and all have good spares packages, engines, gearboxes, shafts, wheels and tyres.

Offers accepted on all, PM for more info ALL cars and spares must go, space needed for new projects.
What kinda of prices you asking for above?

New projects?!!!!