Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 13 Nov 2018, 21:30 (Ref:3863169)   #2301
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
How come you had a Toyota block that needed rescuing? Have I missed a story somewhere? And why the urgency for the rebuild? Your not off again, imminently, on your world travels are you?

You have to pay attention Grant .....posted in the 2019 dates thread....

"Ha ha Will very pleased you are looking forward to next year . I’ve got a head ache all ready . Off topic and sorry but I pulled my Toyota engine apart today just for winter check over and I’ve got a cracked liner . Grrrrrrr"
Old 13 Nov 2018, 21:49 (Ref:3863174)   #2302
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post

"Ha ha Will very pleased you are looking forward to next year . I’ve got a head ache all ready . Off topic and sorry but I pulled my Toyota engine apart today just for winter check over and I’ve got a cracked liner . Grrrrrrr"
Must be getting quite well known on this forum,getting put in other peoples quotes or references .Anyway now working on measuring cold cranking amps fuel pump supply etc.Quite interesting.I hope knowone minds me putting in these updates on what Im doing on my course at college.
Old 14 Nov 2018, 07:09 (Ref:3863222)   #2303
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
John, just because you like my fluoro, gonna display it all over the country! Are the sheets ready to bark, I dont think so but just hope.
They want to protest against the fuel taxes but nobody complains about old diesel bashing… yet.
Old 14 Nov 2018, 07:29 (Ref:3863227)   #2304
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
John, just because you like my fluoro, gonna display it all over the country! Are the sheets ready to bark, I dont think so but just hope.
They want to protest against the fuel taxes but nobody complains about old diesel bashing… yet.

My fluoro has been on display for a while, as are many many others around here.I don't suppose it will change anything but at least we can try.

As to old diesels... I checked the emissions zone for Essen the other day & discovered my car hasn't actually been legal there since 2013. It's visited nine times since then!
Old 14 Nov 2018, 08:07 (Ref:3863232)   #2305
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
As to old diesels... I checked the emissions zone for Essen the other day & discovered my car hasn't actually been legal there since 2013. It's visited nine times since then!
Ignorance is bliss! Always.....
Old 14 Nov 2018, 08:54 (Ref:3863238)   #2306
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I ignore if my diesel is said legal or not and actually dont care too much. I just had it checked again and the pollution level is zero, making it far better than many so called modern ones. Still my "vignette" is brown.

We have the names of responsible people who cheated deliberately with the emissions level, why aren't they brought to court? If diesels are really responsible for people dying, am I right to say that, may be, we have some criminals there! Considering the average salary they got or get, they can pay sky high.
Jamming the trafic is a first try. As Bauble would say, where are the guillotines?
Old 14 Nov 2018, 09:50 (Ref:3863242)   #2307
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Must be getting quite well known on this forum,getting put in other peoples quotes or references .Anyway now working on measuring cold cranking amps fuel pump supply etc.Quite interesting.I hope knowone minds me putting in these updates on what Im doing on my course at college.
You crack on Will. We need some youngsters on the forum. Have you passed your T making exams.
Old 14 Nov 2018, 11:57 (Ref:3863263)   #2308
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
You crack on Will. We need some youngsters on the forum. Have you passed your T making exams.
Of course learnt that as soon as we arrived 😁.Just got to find some work experience now.I dont supposed you know any companies in the kent south east region.
Old 14 Nov 2018, 12:32 (Ref:3863272)   #2309
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post

Ah ha!

Thanks Richard. Must remember to read even more widely across the threads!
Old 14 Nov 2018, 12:52 (Ref:3863279)   #2310
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Of course learnt that as soon as we arrived 😁.Just got to find some work experience now.I dont supposed you know any companies in the kent south east region.
Brands Hatch area any good ???
Old 14 Nov 2018, 13:23 (Ref:3863281)   #2311
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Brands Hatch area any good ???
20 Minutes away roughly been going to Brands since well before I was born,go there regularly to watch anything to do with cars although the best meeting last year was the CTCRC meet which was in 5 degrees weather and I said to my dad 'what are we doing ' absolutely loved it.
Old 14 Nov 2018, 13:56 (Ref:3863286)   #2312
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Try HT racing at Brands. 200 yds (metres??) before the paddock entrance.
Old 14 Nov 2018, 14:09 (Ref:3863289)   #2313
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
Try HT racing at Brands. 200 yds (metres??) before the paddock entrance.
Thanks for that,greatly appreciated
Old 14 Nov 2018, 14:58 (Ref:3863298)   #2314
Willmaz223
Veteran

Going karting with a mate at Buckmore park in a min to say im excited is probably a HUGE understatement.They had historics there the other week and they likened the event to the Goodwood Revival and the track to SPA.Wish I could go to Spa one day,hopefully to the 6hr and PA Classic.Youll notice all my posts go on for a while,due to my excitement for it being around motorsport.😁👍👍Wish I was born in the 60's.Heeehee
Old 14 Nov 2018, 15:16 (Ref:3863302)   #2315
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Don’t wish you were born in the 60s- that would mean you’re nearly as old as majority of us on here!

Embrace the fact that the cars of the 60s/70s/80s are still out racing, but your joints don’t creak and you’re not on first name terms with the staff at specsavers..... (Other opticians available )
Old 14 Nov 2018, 15:43 (Ref:3863309)   #2316
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I’m sure we can get you to Spa . Send me a copy of your T making pass certificate . 😀
Old 14 Nov 2018, 16:09 (Ref:3863317)   #2317
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You'll love Buckmore which is now a corporate only circuit. I've raced it a couple of times in C100 and prokarts, and ran MiniMM in TKM at Super 1 there. Those were the days.

MiniMM was stood in an ordinary pop up gazebo talking to a mate when he sensed someone behind him. It was John Surtees! He'd eschewed the fancy team awnings to chat with dad'n'lad teams. Class.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 14 Nov 2018, 18:40 (Ref:3863337)   #2318
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Don’t wish you were born in the 60s- that would mean you’re nearly as old as majority of us on here!

Embrace the fact that the cars of the 60s/70s/80s are still out racing, but your joints don’t creak and you’re not on first name terms with the staff at specsavers..... (Other opticians available )
I do Ive recently found a programme for the masters from Brands Hatch from 2010 ,the entry list is incredible,shame not as many (dare i say)standout cars eg Ferrari 512 still race.Saw yourself in a Gilbern because the Gent GT grid was to big so it was cut of at 2 Litres
Old 14 Nov 2018, 18:43 (Ref:3863338)   #2319
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
I’m sure we can get you to Spa . Send me a copy of your T making pass certificate . 😀
Spa would be incredible,I went to Le Mans for the Classic which was a experience to say the least.I had to revise quite a bit for the T making,it was quite tough😁
Old 14 Nov 2018, 18:46 (Ref:3863339)   #2320
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
You'll love Buckmore which is now a corporate only circuit. I've raced it a couple of times in C100 and prokarts, and ran MiniMM in TKM at Super 1 there. Those were the days.

MiniMM was stood in an ordinary pop up gazebo talking to a mate when he sensed someone behind him. It was John Surtees! He'd eschewed the fancy team awnings to chat with dad'n'lad teams. Class.

The track was damp and wet,I lost coumt of how many times I and everyone else spun,best of 1:09 best overall 1:02 and finished 11h out of 18 it was utter carnage,I couldn't stop laughing in my helmet😆😆.Its a great track.
Old 14 Nov 2018, 20:58 (Ref:3863355)   #2321
Willmaz223
Veteran

WOW just got some great news regarding work experience.Wont mention anythkng yet,I couldnt believe it.
Old 15 Nov 2018, 06:19 (Ref:3863400)   #2322
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Hope it works out for you!

For anyone that wants to see a 7min video about the Howmet TX Gas Turbine car, I’ve put a link on the Imola thread. It was racing in CER1 again. All that’s missing is the stink of paraffin or whatever it runs on nowadays!
Old 15 Nov 2018, 07:00 (Ref:3863402)   #2323
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Hope it works out for you!

For anyone that wants to see a 7min video about the Howmet TX Gas Turbine car, I’ve put a link on the Imola thread. It was racing in CER1 again. All that’s missing is the stink of paraffin or whatever it runs on nowadays!
Thats very kind,the Howmet is a strange but wonderful car there is a good onboard of it going around Paul Ricard.
Old 15 Nov 2018, 07:19 (Ref:3863403)   #2324
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Hope someone on here will post up summery on the Brexit news today .,
Old 15 Nov 2018, 07:36 (Ref:3863406)   #2325
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brexit summary

There's been a document issued that some people like and some people don't. Those that don't like it are those who you would expect not to like it, those who support it are those you would expect to support it. The document is far too long and complicated for the likes of us to read or understand so it depends on who we support whether we believe it's a Good Thing or not.

Meantime thousands of trees have been felled to print newspapers, thousands of mega bits of internet bandwidth taken up, but no one really knows if we're better off or indeed know any more than at this time yesterday.

I hope this helps.