Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Which car will win the SCA 1000?
#1 Whincup / Owen 15 12.10%
#2 Tander / McConville 6 4.84%
#3 D'Alberto / Price 1 0.81%
#4 Davison / Brabham 0 0%
#5 Winterbottom / Youlden 6 4.84%
#6 Richards / Moffat 1 0.81%
#7 Kelly / Wood 0 0%
#8 Richards / Jones 2 1.61%
#9 Van Gisbergen / McIntyre 11 8.87%
#10 Thompson / Briscoe 1 0.81%
#11 Bargwanna / Seton 0 0%
#12 Fiore / Patrizi 0 0%
#14 Bright / Halliday 3 2.42%
#15 Kelly / Kelly 1 0.81%
#16 Ricciardello / Douglas 2 1.61%
#17 Johnson / Marshall 4 3.23%
#18 Courtney / Luff 17 13.71%
#19 Webb / Russell 0 0%
#21 Reindler / Wall 1 0.81%
#22 Davison / Reynolds 1 0.81%
#24 Coulthard / Baird 0 0%
#27 Assaillit / Pedersen 1 0.81%
#30 Noske / Pretty 0 0%
#33 Holdsworth / Besnard 4 3.23%
#34 Caruso / Ritter 0 0%
#39 Ingall / Morris 0 0%
#44 Emery / Zukanovic* 1 0.81%
#47 Slade / Perkins 0 0%
#51 Murphy / Simonsen 1 0.81%
#55 Dumbrell / Canto 0 0%
#888 Lowndes / Skaife 45 36.29%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Sep 2010, 14:05 (Ref:2758112)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[V8SC10R18] Super Cheap Auto 1000, Mt Panorama Bathurst

So, after the strong performance at Phillip Island, can the red and silver rockets come to the fore again, or will FPR find that small edge that seems to see them as "next best" when they compete at the big events?

Will Team BOC step up?

Or is there another choice waiting in the wings?

For me, its hard to go past the #888 combination again...

Not long now, you can kinda hear the mountain calling
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Sep 2010, 02:07 (Ref:2758461)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
good results for the 8 car in a row at enduros, might even fly under the bookies radar for a little bit

did i mention 24 sleeps to i leave, cant wait
Old 14 Sep 2010, 05:46 (Ref:2759097)   #3
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bathurst is just one of those magic places, I think outright pace isn't as important as knowing the bumps and being able to hang in there.

Maybe this does play into the hands of the Lowdnes/Skaife combination - I have doubts about Steve Owen's suitability compared to Skaife at Bathurst. No doubt the guy is fast but its so easy to make a small mistake and pay for it at The Mountain. Lesser guys have put it in the wall.

I think also its possible that Seton might be better at Bathurst than he was at PI, along with guys like Brabham who's done quite a few Bathursts. Though lets not forget Larry's last race up at The Mountain.

I'm also wondering if we might see a repeat of last year - it seems the Kelly racing cars are very hard on their tyres.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 06:43 (Ref:2759103)   #4
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking forward to being at the track for my 10th Bathurst race . Anyone on Pit Straight for the weekend?
Old 14 Sep 2010, 08:32 (Ref:2759128)   #5
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Punters will be at Hell Corner for Bathurst #14
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 14 Sep 2010, 08:46 (Ref:2759132)   #6
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar and his motley crue (of white t shirted louts) will be in the back row of grand stand 9
Old 14 Sep 2010, 09:22 (Ref:2759142)   #7
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And you owe me a Bundy........
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 14 Sep 2010, 09:46 (Ref:2759147)   #8
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Van Gisbergen / McIntyre.....2 Kiwis to win a Ford,doesn't get bertter than that.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 14:08 (Ref:2759269)   #9
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'll be there somewhere from Saturday.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 14:16 (Ref:2759271)   #10
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
Looking forward to being at the track for my 10th Bathurst race . Anyone on Pit Straight for the weekend?
Me mate.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 01:25 (Ref:2759544)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
And you owe me a Bundy........
i believe i do. Hope to pay debt in full.

interesting who is coming 2nd in this survey
Old 15 Sep 2010, 02:15 (Ref:2759558)   #12
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i voted car #10
Old 15 Sep 2010, 02:31 (Ref:2759560)   #13
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be there Wednesday lunchtime setting up camp in the Paddock near mountain straight.

My tip, #18 to be a better showing, if not the winner, will still be leading the championship by a country mile after the race. Would like to see podiums for #5 and #9.

Cant also go past 888 again, but for all his speed, Owen will be a weak link for Jamie.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 03:56 (Ref:2759577)   #14
MarcosAmbroseFan
Racer

New Zealand
Hamilton
MarcosAmbroseFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Tips ar
1st #18
2nd #888
3rd #51
4th #5
5th #8
6th #2
7th #9
8th #33
9th #17
10th #34

DNF #1
Old 15 Sep 2010, 09:27 (Ref:2759653)   #15
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Perhaps Skaifey and Rusty have made up?

Or did Skaifey just want to push him out of the chopper?????
Old 15 Sep 2010, 11:08 (Ref:2759714)   #16
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
Perhaps Skaifey and Rusty have made up?

Or did Skaifey just want to push him out of the chopper?????
Russell hasn't been seen since..........
Old 15 Sep 2010, 12:40 (Ref:2759769)   #17
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone know if MotorsTV will actually be showing this one live in the UK (they have normally in the past)?
Old 16 Sep 2010, 12:33 (Ref:2760325)   #18
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to the Motors TV website, yes, it's on live.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 08:02 (Ref:2760763)   #19
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What is with all the crap about carnage, etc, because there are so many part timers in the field.

Last time I looked there was the same amount of full timers as last year and the same number of "part timers", just in different cars.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 23:22 (Ref:2761378)   #20
dcr44S
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
dcr44S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Does anyone know if MotorsTV will actually be showing this one live in the UK (they have normally in the past)?
Got an e-mail confirming that the coverage will start at 9pm UK time on Saturday 9th October. Can't wait!
Old 18 Sep 2010, 23:52 (Ref:2761382)   #21
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
just thought i would mention, that in 3 weeks time, the cars will be out on the track
Old 19 Sep 2010, 08:13 (Ref:2761443)   #22
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
  1. Whincup/Owen. Good speed at PI, niggling reliablity woes. Owen impressed at PI. Over a 1000 k's- we'll see. Hopefully a win, and a DNF from crashney/luff, so W'cup can get chew into crashney's unearned, undeserved points lead.
Lowndes/ Skaife. An abundance of experience. PI win gives 'em momentum
(sp?) for the big one. Well up there.

Tander/McConnville. Again experience a plenty- how's McConvilles pace?
Ignore at your peril.

Crasheny/Luff. Memories of '05. Watching Luff fall back so sbr had to double stint dirty marcos. Luff is the weak link. Did better than I expected & hoped for at PI. And who was at helm when #18 dunnga ran of at PI?
Hopefully luff forgets the balaclava. Again. Not the favorite.

Frosty/Youldon. One assumes that they'll secure the battery this year. '09 was priceless. Watching frosty come down pit lane with the tail lights melting .If he gets pole, kiss a win goodbye, based on what he's turned PP into. Still at least he's BPB richo free this year.

BPB/ Moffat. Nope. Top 6 at best.

Van Gisbergen / McIntyre. Can't see it.

Bargs/Seto. Top 5 at best. Still, would be ironic to see Seto get up in a Holden, after all those years in Factory Optioned Road Disgrace.

Davison / Reynolds. Poor results from Will this year. Reynolds supprised in the wet last year.Contender.

Davison / Brabham. Unlikey.

That said, over 1000 k's and if the weather comes in who knows ? On to the things I can control.

Leave Bris at sparrow's on Friday 1st. Get to the mountain at mid afternoon. Camry drivers, caravans & motorhomes permitting. Mark corporate box at McPhillimary Doss down in el cheapo motel.
Get to track at 6.00. Wait for the others to arrive. Wait for the track to open. Get in. Set up the BIG tent, after the now traditional debate about the positioning. Fire up the stove and enjoy the catch up with the guys n gals I haven't seen since last year.Let the chaos commence.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 09:56 (Ref:2761471)   #23
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos WTF View Post
  1. Whincup/Owen. Good speed at PI, niggling reliablity woes. Owen impressed at PI. Over a 1000 k's- we'll see. Hopefully a win, and a DNF from crashney/luff, so W'cup can get chew into crashney's unearned, undeserved points lead.

Ignore at your peril.

Crasheny/Luff. Memories of '05. Watching Luff fall back so sbr had to double stint dirty marcos. Luff is the weak link. Did better than I expected & hoped for at PI. And who was at helm when #18 dunnga ran of at PI?

Frosty/Youldon. One assumes that they'll secure the battery this year. '09 was priceless. Watching frosty come down pit lane with the tail lights melting .If he gets pole, kiss a win goodbye, based on what he's turned PP into. Still at least he's BPB richo free this year.

Bargs/Seto. Top 5 at best. Still, would be ironic to see Seto get up in a Holden, after all those years in Factory Optioned Road Disgrace.

Davison / Reynolds. Poor results from Will this year. Reynolds supprised in the wet last year.Contender.

That said, over 1000 k's and if the weather comes in who knows ? On to the things I can control.

Leave Bris at sparrow's on Friday 1st. Get to the mountain at mid afternoon. Camry drivers, caravans & motorhomes permitting. Mark corporate box at McPhillimary Doss down in el cheapo motel.
Get to track at 6.00. Wait for the others to arrive. Wait for the track to open. Get in. Set up the BIG tent, after the now traditional debate about the positioning. Fire up the stove and enjoy the catch up with the guys n gals I haven't seen since last year.Let the chaos commence.
Good to see you waving the dark side red flag in your picks
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 19 Sep 2010, 11:19 (Ref:2761487)   #24
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos WTF View Post

Ignore at your peril.

still trotting out the same non-funny jokes eh...??
Old 19 Sep 2010, 11:32 (Ref:2761492)   #25
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands