Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Oct 2018, 20:54 (Ref:3859488)   #1001
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftPilgrim View Post
They had a different engine in 2017 the reasons for which have been well documented in this forum. In 2018 it was fast in the wet in the hands of a driver who was willing to be aggressive with it and get the most out of it. In the dry it wasn't the best car, and without Sutton quite frankly it's a dog.
It's the same engine, just being looked after by a different tuning company (the original tuners not wanting to work for BMR any more given they were owed quite a lot of money).

And this is Britain. I'm not betting against it raining on any given weekend.
Old 28 Oct 2018, 11:53 (Ref:3859575)   #1002
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I understand it from what the local MP has been saying the issue with Lake Torrent is that the local council are not happy that sufficient steps have been taken to ensure there are no old mine works on site which was a pre-requisite for work to commence.

Apparently the developers filled in all the shafts that were there but the council now want them to do a geological survey of the whole site which would take months and cost tens if not hundreds of thousands.

The MP is not happy as there is no evidence at all (according to him) that anymore mine workings actually exist.
Old 29 Oct 2018, 09:11 (Ref:3859704)   #1003
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer65 View Post
As I understand it from what the local MP has been saying the issue with Lake Torrent is that the local council are not happy that sufficient steps have been taken to ensure there are no old mine works on site which was a pre-requisite for work to commence.

Apparently the developers filled in all the shafts that were there but the council now want them to do a geological survey of the whole site which would take months and cost tens if not hundreds of thousands.

The MP is not happy as there is no evidence at all (according to him) that anymore mine workings actually exist.
I took the time to read the report written by a team of mining engineers who stated that in their view there were no problematic shafts within the site, and all previous workings had been either backfilled in the past or excavated as part of the brick pit.

All rather puzzling.
Old 29 Oct 2018, 10:24 (Ref:3859713)   #1004
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I took the time to read the report written by a team of mining engineers who stated that in their view there were no problematic shafts within the site, and all previous workings had been either backfilled in the past or excavated as part of the brick pit.

All rather puzzling.
let’s face it. they ran out of money and are using whatever other excuse they could invent. a common ploy for companies who can’t admit they got it wrong
Old 29 Oct 2018, 11:17 (Ref:3859723)   #1005
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
let’s face it. they ran out of money and are using whatever other excuse they could invent. a common ploy for companies who can’t admit they got it wrong
I'm not so sure in this case.
Old 30 Oct 2018, 07:58 (Ref:3859889)   #1006
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Subaru... question.

It has been said many a time 2 × Subaru are leased to BMR: this is (was?) true.

It has also been said that 2 x Subaru belong to Subaru: I have doubts about this - one yes, but I've only found documentation for one car. Not two.

It could be incomplete provision of data to Companies House of course, which seems par for the course.
Old 30 Oct 2018, 08:33 (Ref:3859894)   #1007
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
im not even 100% convinced the 4th Subaru still exists to be honest

The NGTC register only shows a record up to 2017, normally there is a "in storage" or "for sale" type note, but this time nothing.
Considering the record on there suggests it was Suttons 2017 title winning car that was not used in 2018, and considering JP's whining about different aspects of his car not working, I would have expected this to have been rolled out for him at some point if it was genuinely available
Old 30 Oct 2018, 08:43 (Ref:3859896)   #1008
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Subaru... question.

It has been said many a time 2 × Subaru are leased to BMR: this is (was?) true.

It has also been said that 2 x Subaru belong to Subaru: I have doubts about this - one yes, but I've only found documentation for one car. Not two.

It could be incomplete provision of data to Companies House of course, which seems par for the course.
Records of charges can be found here and here.

12th April 2016 - Liberty Leasing plc purchased BMR039/01 and BMR039/02, which were then leased back to BMR.

23 August 2016 - Subaru (UK) Limited purchased BMR039/03 and 'loaned' back to BMR subject to a charge.

Who currently owns BMR039/04 I have not been able to identify. (although as this was the car Plato drove in 2018, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a controlling stake in the ownership).

Last edited by crmalcolm; 30 Oct 2018 at 08:51.
Old 30 Oct 2018, 10:03 (Ref:3859903)   #1009
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMR039/04 would be the one which Plato complained was bent after the pit wall incident at Brands in 2017 would it not? I reckon it’s been scrapped.
Old 30 Oct 2018, 10:39 (Ref:3859917)   #1010
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
04 was used by Price in 17 and Plato in 18. Suttons title winning car was the only one that didn't appear in 2018
Old 30 Oct 2018, 11:25 (Ref:3859925)   #1011
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
BMR039/04 would be the one which Plato complained was bent after the pit wall incident at Brands in 2017 would it not? I reckon it’s been scrapped.
No that car was 03 which Josh Price had for his 5 rounds this year. 01 didn’t race this year as it was Ash’s championship winning car (originally raced by Warren). Last paperwork I saw for 04 was that it belonged to Subaru (like 03) and was leased back to BMR.
Old 30 Oct 2018, 11:42 (Ref:3859930)   #1012
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
01 didn’t race this year as it was Ash’s championship winning car (originally raced by Warren).

Unless Ash now has it on a plinth in his back garden, thats not really a reason for not racing it.
If it did still exist, and Plato was moaning and struggling with his car, why wouldnt they roll out a car proven as a championship winner for him to try for a couple of rounds rather than leave a double champion struggling at the back, unable to compete or help Ash's championship challenge if an alternative chassis (which was not the bent one) was available and could be built up?

Furthermore this begs the question when this was available, why did they persevere with Plato's troublesome "bent" chassis and give it to the least experienced driver on the team to deal with?

Last edited by btccbloke; 30 Oct 2018 at 11:55.
Old 30 Oct 2018, 12:26 (Ref:3859943)   #1013
dan290888
Rookie

England
Kent
dan290888 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a vague recollection of Ash saying he had an agreement with Warren that if he won the Championship his car would never race again. Something about it staying in the workshop untouched after finishing round 30. Think it was an interview on one of the last Tin Top Tuesdays from 2017. No idea if this actually did happen but would perhaps explain why Ash's championship winning car hasn't been seen again?
Old 30 Oct 2018, 12:35 (Ref:3859946)   #1014
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
im not even 100% convinced the 4th Subaru still exists to be honest

The NGTC register only shows a record up to 2017, normally there is a "in storage" or "for sale" type note, but this time nothing.
Current status shows as 'Storage'
Old 30 Oct 2018, 12:56 (Ref:3859948)   #1015
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Announcement from HARD at 8am tomorrow according to Twitter.
Old 30 Oct 2018, 13:14 (Ref:3859952)   #1016
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan290888 View Post
I have a vague recollection of Ash saying he had an agreement with Warren that if he won the Championship his car would never race again. Something about it staying in the workshop untouched after finishing round 30. Think it was an interview on one of the last Tin Top Tuesdays from 2017. No idea if this actually did happen but would perhaps explain why Ash's championship winning car hasn't been seen again?
That's a lot of investment to just sit taking up space in someone's workshop doing nothing. I would understand if it went on display somewhere. Also would mean Warren agreed to drop a TBL way before the end of 2016.
I'm thinking this was more tongue in cheek and there's an ownership issue that prevented them running it
Old 30 Oct 2018, 13:54 (Ref:3859955)   #1017
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I love the fact BTCC teams always give us a time they are going to announce something
Old 30 Oct 2018, 14:02 (Ref:3859963)   #1018
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan290888 View Post
It was stated by Ash and in more than one article that his championship winning car would ‘retire’, Warren obviously knew he’d be letting one TBL go when he agreed to this, he also agreed to let Carl Faux go if they won the title, so allowances were obviously in place. I think it was more the third TBL the mystery was around iirc.

If the ownership of chassis 04 has changed, that could be a pointer as to who may own the TBL that goes with it. Warren was quoted in saying they planned to be back in 2019 with a 2 car team. Mind you rumours still persist they won’t be back at all!!!
Old 30 Oct 2018, 17:49 (Ref:3859995)   #1019
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Announcement from HARD at 8am tomorrow according to Twitter.
#excited #sleepless-night #jason-plato-in-a-pink-vw
Old 30 Oct 2018, 17:57 (Ref:3859999)   #1020
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
#excited #sleepless-night #jason-plato-in-a-pink-vw

#gamechanger #gothard #hadtogohome
Old 30 Oct 2018, 18:39 (Ref:3860003)   #1021
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go hard or go home
Old 30 Oct 2018, 21:22 (Ref:3860031)   #1022
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Unless Ash now has it on a plinth in his back garden, thats not really a reason for not racing it.
Does he have a back garden big enough for that?

It's likely still at the workshop. Maybe on a plinth in reception.
Old 31 Oct 2018, 07:55 (Ref:3860066)   #1023
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
#HARD-for-the-next-five-minutes

#longer-than-most-#HARD-race-lengths
Old 31 Oct 2018, 08:03 (Ref:3860067)   #1024
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
bobby thompson re signs with hard.
Old 31 Oct 2018, 08:09 (Ref:3860068)   #1025
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Very happy for Bobby, he’s a good guy and it’s nice to see a rookie get a second season, it’s not a common thing these days.