Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 14 Sep 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1407879)   #1
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EA brings NASCAR back to Europe

When searching coming titles of the Scandinavian netshop cdon.com, I noticed, that EA Sports is bringing their newest NASCAR game NASCAR 06 Total Team Control also to European markets for PS2 and Xbox owners.

So it seems, that the policies have changed, maybe because EA does not have the F1 license anymore. The release date is 20th of November this fall.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 14 Sep 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1407889)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cool, I like the team idea in it - I didn't think it was heading our way.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 18:10 (Ref:1407893)   #3
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
My favourite game at the moment is Nascar sim racing (with the vital patch). That's from EA as well. Anybody else have this game?
Old 14 Sep 2005, 18:28 (Ref:1407912)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 429CJ
When searching coming titles of the Scandinavian netshop cdon.com, I noticed, that EA Sports is bringing their newest NASCAR game NASCAR 06 Total Team Control also to European markets for PS2 and Xbox owners.

So it seems, that the policies have changed, maybe because EA does not have the F1 license anymore. The release date is 20th of November this fall.
Would be great if they release the game in Europe. But first see then believe. A few years ago EA's Nascar Thunder was also on the European release lists, but at the end the game wasn't released.

The game is also on the release list of Play.com: http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=s...2&title=709858

EDIT: @429CJ: See this posting. That's why I said first see then believe.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 19:55 (Ref:1407972)   #5
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed, EA have always been extremely reluctant to publish their NASCAR games over here. It was never really a problem for the PC but it causes no end of grief with the region specific consoles.

Good to see they've changed their policy... well, I hope they have.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 20:25 (Ref:1407990)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hope this one pulls through, never had the chance to play NASCAR on the PS2...
By the looks of the video's on EA.com it sure looks great!
Old 14 Sep 2005, 22:19 (Ref:1408080)   #7
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
EDIT: @429CJ: See this posting. That's why I said first see then believe.
Yep, remember that one, but this is mentioned more places than one, so, I'm more positive on this one.
And anyway it is just eight days away from the release of the TOCA Race Driver 3, and that one makes the top of my list.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 13 Oct 2005, 13:55 (Ref:1432738)   #8
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A little update: Amazon.co.uk has listed NASCAR 06 for release on October 21. That's pretty much confirmation that there is indeed a PAL version of the game.
Old 13 Oct 2005, 16:20 (Ref:1432850)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great stuff!
Old 13 Oct 2005, 21:28 (Ref:1433103)   #10
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, good news for you guys over there-being owner of the 5 last EA NASCAR games out there (02 through 06) I can say it's one of the worse of the bunch-they changed a bit with the graphics and controls that really made the cars feel different. They only have an in-car perspective for car sounds and all of the engine tweaking over the years has left it a bit buggy. There's no real music and the voice recognition is iffy. Online play is incredibly slow if it works at all. The saving/loading, as well as menu and career systems aren't as good as they were in 04 (that's my favourite one-except for this one challenge that is impossible to beat).

Though that's all because I had gotten used to the previous games, since it's a new experience for you all (pretty much) it should be pretty good
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 17 Oct 2005, 18:01 (Ref:1436203)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My favorite NASCAR game currently is 2003, although I would definately want to try 2005.
Old 22 Oct 2005, 18:25 (Ref:1440750)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Did anyone get this then?

I can't see it in any shops, even Gamestation......but it is available on Amazon. Hmmm....
Old 23 Oct 2005, 17:55 (Ref:1441419)   #13
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
I got one, played it through weekend now, learning the tracks and specific driving styles of superspeedways to small and thight short tracks
I must say the feeling of the cars is convincing, just as I thought them to feel.
Driving on the group feels great, and really needs sharp concentration not to hit other cars around you.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 25 Oct 2005, 04:46 (Ref:1442754)   #14
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Woohoo! I found a copy in my local store!

As they say in the classics: "If you can find it here, you can find it an-y-where..."
Old 25 Oct 2005, 11:11 (Ref:1442927)   #15
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Are the Nascar games any good with the keyboard or an analog controller, or do you need a steering wheel?
Old 25 Oct 2005, 17:37 (Ref:1443220)   #16
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
Xbox pad with the trigger accelerator and brake is fairly good on ovals, but I use the buttons on road courses.
I belive the steering would be more precise with steering wheel, though.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 28 Oct 2005, 12:35 (Ref:1446017)   #17
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agreed.

I am really enjoying this game, I had a hell of a truck race at one of the road courses.

Warning, long winded race report following

I qualified well, and at the start of the race made my way up to the front of the field, from there I swapped with my team-mate who was in 32nd. over the ensuring laps I fought my way up the field back to where my car was.

But alas I got the pit-now call too late, and, not having pitted at this track previously, I went straight on into the pit wall, bringing out a caution.
Of course, I pitted under the yellow and repaired the damage, and I didn't loose too many places. I also managed to strand some cars down a lap which meant double file restart time.

In my infinate skills, I managed trigger a saftey period on the restart when a back-maker got in the way which then brought it all down to a 7 lap shoot out.

Fighting my way through the pack, I managed to haul myself and my team-mate into first and second respectively. And unfortunatly I made a slight blue at the entry to the hair pin allowing second and third to catch up to me for the final time around.

As they say in they in the F1 Season Review - "Hakkinen was presurising Schumacher!", and coming onto the back straight for the final time, the opposition made their moves.

Snug in my slipstream, one driver went high and tried to go around me, I saw him to late and swerved down out of his way...

...right into the path of my teamate who had decided to go for the low side.

My team mate nosed me into a spin, causing a multi-car pile up, and amazing still managed to squeak through the wreck unscathed for the victory.

And me, after all my hard work, managed to limp home in eighth place.

Man, I love this game.

All though, the Wheelan cars that you start your career in are absoloute arse. They are understeering pieces of pants. Grr.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 14:27 (Ref:1446082)   #18
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Sounds pretty cool, I haven't seen it in any shops around here though.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1446983)   #19
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
actually driving

Can you actually play the game without the driver aids??
what is the differecnce between FULL and Limited aids???

i cant play the game without the aids, and **** on everyone with them on? its frustrating the controls!!!!

Last edited by Spudgun; 8 Nov 2005 at 14:04. Reason: removed autocensor dodge - Spudgun - 8.11.05
Old 1 Nov 2005, 12:42 (Ref:1449333)   #20
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire
Chris Gray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bought this yesterday for £34.99 from Game. I'm not the world's biggest NASCAR fan but it seems average to me. You can race Whelan, NNS, Craftsman and NEXTEL cars which gives the game a bit of variety. The idea of having allies and rivals out on the track is pretty cool too.

However, the handling was a bit 'heavy'. Whether that is realistic or not I don't know! A bit disappointing was the fact that caution periods are just skipped, unlike IndyCar Series where you retain control throughout. I've not really played it enough to make a concrete judgement on it, but it will probably go back.

tator2001uk - I won my first Craftsman race on the easiest setting and could still cut the mustard on medium as well. And yes, the controls are frustrating (and limited).

I know the IRL and NASCAR are worlds apart but I'd go for the first IRL game every time.
Old 6 Nov 2005, 21:27 (Ref:1453639)   #21
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just won my first ever Daytona 500!

Well Daytona 250 really (half distance) but I'm shot, feel like I've just done the real thing. For the record, I qialified 5th, was a frontrunner most of the race without actually leading many laps, got involved in a lot of incidents including a spin through the infield and spent the whole race agoninsing about how to pit - I was able to do it under yellow no probs but was dreading having to negotiate the pit entry under greens.

Went to lap 80/100 before forcing myself to pit for the last time, did it okay but there was a yellow the second I exited leaving me down in about 9th place with 15 laps to go, plus a load of lapped cars ahead of me. I just told myself to keep my head, and was able to take my chances and got through into 3rd without too much drama within 11-12 laps, meaning there were 4 laps left and me about half a second behind Johnson and Busch.

Closed them down and surprisingly cleanly went through into the lead just in time for the white flag; but as soon as I was ahead everything changed, I just don't like defending and suddenly everyone seemed huge in my mirrors and I was going defensive, getting my lines wrong, sooo many "**** I've blown it" moments before on the run to the line I was drafted and passed by Bobby Labonte who crossed the line first, me second pretty disappointed but thinking 'could have been worse'. Then I noticed my mechanics were congratulating me and it dawned that Labonte had been unlapping himself.

So, a fluke win to kick off the season, bet I never get close again!

Great game. Haven't payed a NC game since 2000 and had forgotten how brilliantly the sport translates into a game.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 01:32 (Ref:1454865)   #22
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Definatly.

I've been doing the chase to the top, with my National team the main focus, and the odd truck race when I can fit it in.

The best race recently was (Oh smeg, i'm just booting up the Ps2 to play more now ) at California.

It was Kenseth, Marlin, Me and Jr in a bush race on the final restart with 2 to go.

I'd had an altercation with Marlin and he wasn't on good terms with me. He went up the inside of Kenseth for the lead and I put the ol' intimidation routine on him and psyched him out, and he slid up the track into Kenseth taking him out of contention. Only problem was I went wide and Junior scooted up the inside with one turn to go.

Alas try as I might, I wasn't close enough nor could I intimidate him off the track. Close, but no cigar.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 20:51 (Ref:1456670)   #23
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would love to have a nascar game! they all look so good!!
Old 15 Jul 2006, 15:04 (Ref:1656906)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well, I've finally made time to give this game a real shot. I had enjoyed it previously, but had not played on a console in months.

I'm into the NNS now after winning in that stupid Whelen Series and a fifth in Craftsman Truck Series. I won more races than anyone in Craftsman, but had a couple of dodgy races that destroyed me including an epic 36th place at Michigan after being rammed off the track by everyone. Oh, and guess who was painted as the villain!

What is the team owning aspect like? I have enough for a Whelen team, but frankly I'm not sure I want one. Does it make your earnings much better?
Old 19 Jul 2006, 07:15 (Ref:1659716)   #25
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
The only advantage I found was being able to quit driving and let your team win the championship and the progress to the trucks.

Damn Whelan crap.