Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Oct 2006, 14:58 (Ref:1734166)   #26
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
It wouldnt surprise me that , their sponsor "Deutsche Bank " being German might have been influential in securing an Audi R10 .

Money talks ..... just my thought is all .
Old 10 Oct 2006, 15:21 (Ref:1734183)   #27
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Congrats to Martin Short, and the whole Rollcentre team. I hope that whatever has been chosen you can challenge for race victories overall.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 15:23 (Ref:1734187)   #28
templer
Racer

templer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtempler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well the R10 would be a surprise of course. But I don't think that Audi build a car for Rollcentre. I think Champion race the R10 in the ALMS and perhaps Joest in the LMS.
But a closed KWM CA07 or a closed Lola could be a surprise. Perhaps we will see the Riley MKXIV? Who knows?
Old 10 Oct 2006, 16:37 (Ref:1734251)   #29
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think that Creation would sell a car before they had run it for a year. My bet is that it is either a Lola or Pesca with a leaning towards the Lola (as it is ready to go). No doubt it will be Judd-engined as rollcentre has had a good relationship with Judds. Who knows though. Shorty is always full of surprises.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 17:35 (Ref:1734315)   #30
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My two guesses:-

1). Lola (maybe coupe) as they need a flagship European entry to promote their P1.

or.........

2). A factory backed engine form a British (car) manufactuer.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 17:39 (Ref:1734322)   #31
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
british car manufactuer? Are you still building cars ?
Nissan? Hm, dont know, but the Rollcentre team wasnt very happy with them in 2005, or?
Old 10 Oct 2006, 18:07 (Ref:1734347)   #32
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now that Astons being sold off (last I heard anyway), Jaguar is a brand that desperately needs an image boost, particularly with the new range of cars.

OK, a link up with Rollcentre may not happen, but a Jaguar Le Mans entry in the next 3 years has to be a decent bet.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 18:22 (Ref:1734355)   #33
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I cant see it being a Courage LC70 ..... if the rumours are true about the possible 3 cars that Courage are talking to somebody about and the talked about Swiss Spirit 2nd chassis , would they have the capicity to build in time more tubs .

Same opinion for Pescarolo tubs ..... possible 2 for Kruse , 1 for Belmondo and Lister and possibily more .

Maybe a new B07/10 Judd V10 S2 .

As mentioned in an earlier post , that Rollcentre wernt happy with Nissan . Im sure that a long term works Nissan deal would put some smiles on Mr.Shorts face as well as secure his team for the forseeable future . Nissan would certainly get it right sooner than later .
Old 10 Oct 2006, 21:13 (Ref:1734537)   #34
The Badger
Veteran

Audi AG may allow up to 6 R10s to race in Europe in 2007.

According to Mr.Fogelhund in the 2007 LMS thread ..... I think that solves the Rollcentre mystery then , and possibily the Oreca question too .

That my also mean there might be a possibility of customer Peugeot's for 2008 .
Old 10 Oct 2006, 22:08 (Ref:1734562)   #35
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Audi AG may allow up to 6 R10s to race in Europe in 2007.

According to Mr.Fogelhund in the 2007 LMS thread ..... I think that solves the Rollcentre mystery then , and possibily the Oreca question too .

That my also mean there might be a possibility of customer Peugeot's for 2008 .

The Rollcentre move seems sponsor derived, rather than suddenly being blessed with a 'factory' R10......unless they team up with Audi UK.

No more Veloqux afterall, who were a relatively new team themselves.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 22:10 (Ref:1734563)   #36
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
I heavily doubt that Rollcentre will run Audi R10s. In the Porsche RS Spyder 2007 topic Fieldgate said the following:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Do Deutsche Bank have very deep pockets?
We were asked if we did, we baulked but had a look down the back of the sofa to check, had a chin-scratch and thought we could probably have as much fun "elsewhere" for ~ 25% (I kid you not !) of the cost.

Which is not to say the RS isn't lovely and should (easily) win everything provided the up-and-down & roundy-round bits hold together, but you do need a large pot of vaseline to be willing to accomodate the Porsche AG pineapple.
Running an Audi R10 will cost more than a Porsche RS Spyder, not 1/4th.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 22:12 (Ref:1734565)   #37
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
The Rollcentre move seems sponsor derived, rather than suddenly being blessed with a 'factory' R10......unless they team up with Audi UK.
It seems plausible that the sponsor pushing the return to LMP1 is an engine manufacturer.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 22:28 (Ref:1734575)   #38
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too much guesswork going on here!!
Old 10 Oct 2006, 23:25 (Ref:1734610)   #39
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG

No more Veloqux afterall, who were a relatively new team themselves.
Deutsche Bank being a german company might have a lot of pull with Audi ..... and a big surprise was mentioned .
Old 10 Oct 2006, 23:29 (Ref:1734612)   #40
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too much guesswork going on here!!

Go on Graham ..... gis us a hint mate ?

I reckon your letting on more than you maybe can say .........
Old 10 Oct 2006, 23:31 (Ref:1734615)   #41
The Badger
Veteran

Audi Sport Uk was Arena who now run the Zytek . Maybe Shorty has the Audi Sport UK deal to run the cars then ....
Old 10 Oct 2006, 23:35 (Ref:1734621)   #42
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
And what's wrong with that? Isn't this more exciting than sitting mutely waiting for Thursday?
Old 10 Oct 2006, 23:49 (Ref:1734630)   #43
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Audi Sport Uk was Arena who now run the Zytek . Maybe Shorty has the Audi Sport UK deal to run the cars then ....
In 2003, Veloqux ran in 2004 and had at least some backing from Audi UK.

Even if upto six R10's are destined for Europe, I can't see Rollcentre having one.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 23:54 (Ref:1734636)   #44
The Badger
Veteran

2 for Joest
1 for Oreca
1 for Audi Sport UK
1 for GOH
1 for Rollcentre

I love this speculation .....
Old 11 Oct 2006, 04:04 (Ref:1734738)   #45
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
In 2003, Veloqux ran in 2004 and had at least some backing from Audi UK. Even if upto six R10's are destined for Europe, I can't see Rollcentre having one.
Sam Li is estimated to have dumped between £5m-8m into the R8 project for one year so the Audi UK support was clearly not enough...and Veloqx are no longer around.

On the R10 front, neither can I. Rollcentre's operations are still small by manufacturer standards and Shorty likes to drive his steeds--which is something that a major manufacturer would frown upon ie. Is he managing the team or being a driver? Too many conflicts.

If some on this forum are doubting whether ORECA would get an R10, then Rollcentre has no chance: Deutsche Bank or not. After all, DB could sponsor Joest.

Last edited by canam; 11 Oct 2006 at 04:06.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 04:51 (Ref:1734745)   #46
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
Sam Li is estimated to have dumped between £5m-8m into the R8 project for one year so the Audi UK support was clearly not enough...and Veloqx are no longer around.
Why was the Audi Sport UK support not enough? They were able to run a full LMS 2-car program along with Sebring and LeMans in 2004. That's quite an undertaking in terms of budget. Veloqx is not around any longer because they did not have a car to race. Sam Li wanted manufacturer support. Why Audi Sport UK dropped out I can only guess. An LMS run in 2005 meant heavily restricted R8s. ORECA went ahead with it, but Veloqx and Audi Sport UK did not.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 05:23 (Ref:1734751)   #47
hgb
Racer

hgb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The sponsor is Deutsche Bank UK, don't forget that. My guess is a Radical coupé with Judd power, but it's only a guess. Let's wait until tomorrow.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 05:34 (Ref:1734755)   #48
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When I first read the news, I immediately thought Pescarolo/Judd. Given all of Fieldgate's comments and Shorty's 'so near and yet so far' experiences over the last few years, I haven't changed my mind.

This has been unquestionably the best (and most reliable) chassis/engine combination over the last couple of years (Audi aside) and a logical step for any team looking to take the fight to the manufacturers in LMP1 next year.

I'm probably waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy off the mark though.................
Old 11 Oct 2006, 05:57 (Ref:1734759)   #49
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
And what's wrong with that? Isn't this more exciting than sitting mutely waiting for Thursday?
Nothing wrong at all with that but my guess is that there's a bloke in St Ives having a quiet chuckle at some of the suggestions here!
Old 11 Oct 2006, 05:59 (Ref:1734761)   #50
hgb
Racer

hgb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

That's alright, Graham. Let him chuckle then.