Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Sep 2021, 18:52 (Ref:4072651)   #2351
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
When I was looking through the TV guide I was a bit disappointed to not see a F1 highlights programme on Channel 4 on the Friday for the qualifying and then a smaller one on Saturday for the sprint race.

C4 are showing highlights on Saturday from 6:30pm - 8:00pm, that seems like long enough.
Old 9 Sep 2021, 14:14 (Ref:4072802)   #2352
ScottS
Rookie

ScottS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
C4 are showing highlights on Saturday from 6:30pm - 8:00pm, that seems like long enough.
What I was getting at is I'd prefer 2 shorter broadcasts than 1 longer broadcast on the Saturday. Main reason is, trying to go from 5pm Friday until the broadcast at 6:30pm Saturday without the results of qualifying being spoiled is going to be a fun.

At least when there is only a few hours between the event and highlights it's fairly easy to avoid the results.
Old 9 Sep 2021, 14:29 (Ref:4072804)   #2353
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would imagine that the contract restricting them to highlights only for qualifying on Saturday and the race on Sunday ties them to not broadcasting on Friday.

Additionally, I imagine that their advertising slots on a Friday night are rather lucrative, and even a half hour of F1 would cause a loss of their normal Friday night viewers that they can't really afford.
Old 9 Sep 2021, 15:03 (Ref:4072808)   #2354
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
What I was getting at is I'd prefer 2 shorter broadcasts than 1 longer broadcast on the Saturday. Main reason is, trying to go from 5pm Friday until the broadcast at 6:30pm Saturday without the results of qualifying being spoiled is going to be a fun.

At least when there is only a few hours between the event and highlights it's fairly easy to avoid the results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I would imagine that the contract restricting them to highlights only for qualifying on Saturday and the race on Sunday ties them to not broadcasting on Friday.

Additionally, I imagine that their advertising slots on a Friday night are rather lucrative, and even a half hour of F1 would cause a loss of their normal Friday night viewers that they can't really afford.
Unfortunately this very thing is what is putting me off the sprint race format. I can generally manage to avoid the results of Saturday's qualifying before watching me recording of the highlights programme early on Sunday morning, and again with the race which I'll watch even earlier on Monday morning.
Going from Friday evening until Sunday morning avoiding radio news, the internet (and most importantly this forum) may prove to be a bigger challenge than I can cope with!
Old 9 Sep 2021, 21:42 (Ref:4072868)   #2355
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Allegedly the ****** gets paid a million quid a year to be perhaps the worst sports commentator I have ever listened to, other than Carlton Kirby.

in reality if you pay for this, you are paying for him, so just stop, it's that simple I am sorry.

He believes the hype SKY throw at him, hocks anything and everything linked to motorsport for a profit, gets fat on the pay (have you seen how massive his belly is currently) and has his pathetic catchphrase written on his office wall.

Honestly if that is not enough to get you to stop paying or watching this drivel I dont know what is. It was for me and I never looked back, I can't recall the last time I watched an F1 race and my racing knowledge and life is far better as a result, die mainly to this cretin ruining anything he talks about linked to f1.

It is a captive audience, the only way you can watch it is to put up with the cretin, so unless you all stop watching, it will stay, and sadly you are all to weak willed to just quit.
Old 9 Sep 2021, 22:47 (Ref:4072872)   #2356
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hello Hoffman66.

How about you leave the F1 chat to people who do actually watch it? I don't watch darts, but I don't feel the need to venture into darts forums to tell the members why I don't share their passion for the game.
Old 9 Sep 2021, 23:17 (Ref:4072874)   #2357
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
Allegedly the ****** gets paid a million quid a year to be perhaps the worst sports commentator I have ever listened to, other than Carlton Kirby.

in reality if you pay for this, you are paying for him, so just stop, it's that simple I am sorry.

He believes the hype SKY throw at him, hocks anything and everything linked to motorsport for a profit, gets fat on the pay (have you seen how massive his belly is currently) and has his pathetic catchphrase written on his office wall.

Honestly if that is not enough to get you to stop paying or watching this drivel I dont know what is. It was for me and I never looked back, I can't recall the last time I watched an F1 race and my racing knowledge and life is far better as a result, die mainly to this cretin ruining anything he talks about linked to f1.

It is a captive audience, the only way you can watch it is to put up with the cretin, so unless you all stop watching, it will stay, and sadly you are all to weak willed to just quit.
Did he run over your cat or something?

More power to you for being better than the rest of us. You must be very proud.
Old 10 Sep 2021, 09:35 (Ref:4072911)   #2358
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's simple, just watch the C4 highlights. Then you don't have to listen to the Sky commentary
Old 10 Sep 2021, 11:56 (Ref:4072928)   #2359
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

You alright man?
Old 10 Sep 2021, 12:13 (Ref:4072932)   #2360
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The post from hoffman66 does seem a little over the top.

There is no need for the hatred and anger in his post.

While I, for example, don't enjoy the contributions from Kravitz, overall the coverage from sky is very good, if you have the time to watch over a race weekend. I wouldn't limit myself just to watching teh C4 highlights package while I have access to sky's sports channels just because I dislike one of the team.

Just chill and enjoy the coverage.
Old 10 Sep 2021, 19:26 (Ref:4072973)   #2361
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I wondered what became of Mr Angry on Steve Wright in the Afternoon….
Old 10 Sep 2021, 21:19 (Ref:4072989)   #2362
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
and sadly you are all to weak willed to just quit.
I get a kick out of this guy. He drops in to the F1 forum a few time a year to tell us how much we and F1 suck and then disappears again.

Quote:
I can't recall the last time I watched an F1 race
A little searching in past posts and I find...

Quote:
That was the biggest pile of garbage F1 has ever served up, and I managed 3 laps before turning the absolute stinking piece of rot off.
Apparently Monaco this year. He made it three laps before he gave up.

Quote:
Very boring compared to other sports I was watching today,
Bahrain this year. But its not clear if he actually watched anything or he was just telling us how much F1 sucks again.

Quote:
First race I ahve watched for many a year right through, was OK.
This is effectively a RAVE review by him of the 2020 Sakhir race. But he did need to balance the good (rather "OK") with some bad and goes on to slag Stroll in that post.

Please come back. We need the entertainment!

Richard
Old 11 Sep 2021, 14:36 (Ref:4073087)   #2363
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why does David Croft have too squeal and shout so much?…
Old 11 Sep 2021, 14:41 (Ref:4073089)   #2364
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post

As dire as Radio 5 live can be, at least they don't do that.
Old 11 Sep 2021, 14:52 (Ref:4073092)   #2365
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don’t watch it, for I am amazing.

Also as I am not watching it expect Croft to be replaced for the next race.

Old 11 Sep 2021, 23:10 (Ref:4073177)   #2366
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I wondered what became of Mr Angry on Steve Wright in the Afternoon….
I was wondering what became of Chunder. The Hoff here spends a lot of time on the rally forum explaining how bad rallying and rallycross are these days, something Chunder also did...

AND The Hoff joined in Aug 19, which is also the last time Chunder posted…

Last edited by Anyopenroad; 11 Sep 2021 at 23:22.
Old 12 Sep 2021, 00:06 (Ref:4073182)   #2367
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Makes no sense to me - just seems to be the way Croft (the "squeaky shrieker" as I call him) is wired. It's beyond pathetic as it all sounds contrived and forced, kinda like he's playing a part as a bad actor. Often poorly judged too - like any time Hamilton is near a car in front in a braking zone - up goes the decibels, up goes the pitch, here comes the shriek.

I adjust the bass/treble on my audio for Grands Prix now - to overcome the Croft shriekathon - but I don't see him changing, nor improving any time soon.

Hoping that Adam43 is right and the lack of him watching is noticed, leading to Croft being replaced!
Old 12 Sep 2021, 01:31 (Ref:4073198)   #2368
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Crofty breathlessly yelling "Good start by Lewis Hamilton" as he dropped from 2nd to 5th was peak Crofty.
Old 12 Sep 2021, 06:20 (Ref:4073209)   #2369
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
What the Poms don't get itt, and therefore justify Sky F1's nonsense, is that generally speaking, it's pom commentators that have the highest reputation for commentary. Croft. Kravitz and co. drags that down a fair bit.

Button and Rosberg are a huge improvement on "media personality" Martin Brundle.
Old 12 Sep 2021, 12:03 (Ref:4073235)   #2370
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
I like Brundle, because he's a straight line from Walker to the present day.

Button and Rosberg have been brilliant recently, I agree.

Kravitz is the enthusiast's enthusiast, except he's got an AAA pass and knows everyone. Sometimes his off piste stuff jars a little bit he gets the nuggets others don't.

I liked Crofty on the radio. I was happy when he got the main game gig, but I think he's got a bit stale now, personally.

I like things when the commentary teams, presenters and journalists are just those things. I think one of the issues with a lot of TV sport coverage now, particularly motorsport, is that the people involved in those roles have become part of the show itself rather than simply doing their thing and going home. I guess that's why I switch on with about 10 minutes to go at the beginning and turn off before the podium!
Old 12 Sep 2021, 12:20 (Ref:4073239)   #2371
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
What the Poms don't get itt,
You are very wrong here. You’re seeing a battle on a forum. Or trying to encourage one.

As demonstrated, every country has annoying people, but generally most people are fully aware of the dynamic, including sky itself, that it is British centric coverage used by other countries too. They just have different views as to what they like!
Old 12 Sep 2021, 12:51 (Ref:4073250)   #2372
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Crofty breathlessly yelling "Good start by Lewis Hamilton" as he dropped from 2nd to 5th was peak Crofty.
It wasn’t how I recalled that, although, erm, I didn’t watch it.

https://youtu.be/3vOTBiUP01s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croft
Bottas gets away well, as does Max Verstappen. Hamilton tries to cut him off…
Old 12 Sep 2021, 13:07 (Ref:4073257)   #2373
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
So shouty cannot distinguish between Kubica and Giovanatzi not once not twice not three time but four! In one lap. FFS ….
Old 12 Sep 2021, 13:41 (Ref:4073278)   #2374
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
I suppose it's time to mention my occasional "can you speak authoritatively on a subject without making any mistakes while screens in front of you are changing all the time and several producers are yelling in your headset and someone is pointing out of the window too" comment, right?
Old 12 Sep 2021, 14:04 (Ref:4073309)   #2375
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I suppose it's time to mention my occasional "can you speak authoritatively on a subject without making any mistakes while screens in front of you are changing all the time and several producers are yelling in your headset and someone is pointing out of the window too" comment, right?
When you are earning well into six figures, fly everywhere business class and stay in top hotels yes - it’s his job.

Tags
pinks