Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 20 Dec 2016, 21:47 (Ref:3697457)   #1
Ragu92
Rookie

Ragu92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le mans 2017 marshalling

Hello everyone. I'm a Ragu from singapore. I was wondering how can a international marshal volunteer for the 2017 le mans. And how's the wor
Old 21 Dec 2016, 11:20 (Ref:3697588)   #2
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
First off you will need to have an FIA recognised marshal's licence.

All volunteering is done through the ACO website - details in the link.

http://www.marshalsguide.com/index.php/Le_Mans

edit
Race week runs from Wednesday to Sunday, hours on duty are down to the individual Post Chiefs.

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 21 Dec 2016 at 11:23. Reason: saw your original post in the Le Mans forum
Old 21 Dec 2016, 12:12 (Ref:3697602)   #3
Ragu92
Rookie

Hi I tried to sign up using the link. But there no registration link. There only existing members sign in. Thanks
Old 21 Dec 2016, 13:15 (Ref:3697613)   #4
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
The website will not open until February.

Only after February can you apply for the Le Mans 24h

You will also have to send a copy of your credentials to the ACO to be allowed access to the website. Existing members have also got to renew every year.

My access will run out at the end of this year - this is the message I get at the moment

Oups ! Pré-inscription impossible

Ouverture des pré-inscriptions prochainement.

Il n'y a pas d'épreuves ouvertes Ã* la pré-inscription en ce moment.

until then here is a list of things I've said about Le Mans over the last 15 years...
http://tentenths.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1378405
Old 21 Dec 2016, 13:52 (Ref:3697618)   #5
Ragu92
Rookie

Thanks alot bodysnatcher you have been very helpful.
Old 21 Dec 2016, 14:51 (Ref:3697627)   #6
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
since we get asked every year..

prompted by the newbie Ragu's question - this is something I had put together last year, I've made a couple of changes & will post it up here so that anybody wanting to do 2017 should find it.
2017 will be my 21st in a row
So I can safely say, this way may change. It is not official and it is not definative, there are many who go to Le Mans that have their own way of doing it. This is mine, based on my experience as a track marshal and it has worked for others.

Le Mans – how to…

Le Mans, the great French race, organised by the ACO, does things a bit differently. It is France after all.

Each post is run by a Chef de Poste, and it is he or she that will select their team. So the best way to get in is to find someone who already goes there, and, if spaces are available, ask if you can join the team. However, do not give up if you cannot join an existing team or do not know anyone who goes to Le Mans.

All British marshals will need an MSA registration card and the MSA permit to marshal abroad, found here http://www.jotformeu.com/janb/overseas . The MSA permit has a box at the bottom to tick if you want to marshal the 24h, but I have heard of many who have done this but heard no more. {It may be that the ACO get notification of your existence, but do not make contact with you like they used to pre internet} Whatever, tick it anyway, it can do no harm.

Non Brits should check with their ASN if there is a procedure in place. I have heard of some Europeans that can only put an application in by using their ASN.

The volunteering list will open in February and will close in May or when they have enough marshals.

If you have made contact with an existing team, the Chef de Poste may have their own preferred way of getting you registered with the ACO. Do what the Chef de Poste tells you.

Otherwise, you can apply directly to the ACO on the website https://sport.hudson.lemans.org

It is completely in French, of course, but you can use a translation tool to get you to the right part. If you cannot do that, click on the link

// Commissaires : inscrivez-vous pour officier Ã* une épreuve organisée par l'ACO
“Marshals – apply to officiate at an event organised by the ACO”

Where you will find that you need “authentification” to get any further.

Send a copy of your registration card & the MSA permit to marshal abroad by email to sport.licence@lemans.org or the address provided. Asking in simple English for authorisation to use the site to apply for the 24h. If your licence is in order you should be able to get past the authentification step with your email and the password that the ACO will supply.

You can then select from the dropdown the post that you want to be on, they will be listed as the sector number along with the name of the post chief. I seem to remember that you can choose pits (in French - Stands) from this list, but I know nothing about the dark art of pit lane marshalling.
Bis indicates the outside of the circuit.

You can in theory apply for any post.

There was also the option in 2016 to add your name to the “Disponibilite pour autre poste” list – available for any post. You should only apply as a “Commissaire” ticking the days available. As with all big events, the more days you can do, the better your chances. The marshal’s secretary will try her best to put you on a post where English is understood if you mention this in the email with your licence and permit.

Each post list will be open until they have reached the FIA imposed limit for that poste. If the chef de poste does not or cannot accept you, you may be reallocated, but since the Cdp will not officially get the list of applications until after closing date, it can be a reallocation very close to the race date.

Unofficially, before the closing date, you may hear from your chef de poste that you have been provisionally accepted.

Official invites are only sent out around 2 to 3 weeks before the event. Then the fun begins.

Bon Chance mes amis

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 21 Dec 2016 at 15:01. Reason: tidying up a link
Old 29 Dec 2016, 20:12 (Ref:3699023)   #7
Ragu92
Rookie

Thanks alot the the detailed explanation. Anyone has any idea how to get into Hungrian and monaco f1 grand prix
Old 29 Dec 2016, 21:39 (Ref:3699030)   #8
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
Hungary - no idea.

Monaco, start here
http://www.acm.mc/wp-content/uploads..._admission.pdf

Je dis encore - bonne chance
Old 3 Jan 2017, 11:54 (Ref:3699892)   #9
Ragu92
Rookie

Thanks bodysnatcher. Anyone here that know french can help me translate this message. Many thanks in advance.

Bonjour,

Les commissaires qui font le grand prix moto, ont déjÃ* officié les années précédentes aux 24 Heures Moto et aux essais des 24 Heures Motos.

Par contre, c’est possible pour vous de faire les 24 Heures Motos.

Il faut nous envoyer votre licence 2017.

Je reste Ã* votre disposition
Old 3 Jan 2017, 13:58 (Ref:3699913)   #10
rotation
Rookie

United Kingdom
Stirlingshire, UK
rotation should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragu92 View Post
Thanks bodysnatcher. Anyone here that know french can help me translate this message. Many thanks in advance.

Bonjour,

Les commissaires qui font le grand prix moto, ont déjÃ* officié les années précédentes aux 24 Heures Moto et aux essais des 24 Heures Motos.

Je reste Ã* votre disposition
It's a request for your licence (or a photo of it).
However, 24 Heures Motos is the 24 hour bike race. It looks here like you have volunteered for that.
Old 4 Jan 2017, 10:32 (Ref:3700089)   #11
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Quick translation:

"Marshals who do the MotoGP have already officiated in previous years at the Moto 24 Hours & at the Moto 24 hours test days.

However, it is possible for you to do the Moto 24 hours.

You must send us your 2017 licence."
Old 5 Jan 2017, 04:52 (Ref:3700250)   #12
Ragu92
Rookie

Thanks for the reply.
Old 28 Jan 2017, 20:39 (Ref:3705972)   #13
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
and the first changes for 2017 sare

the website is now
https://myaco.lemans.org/
after inputting your password, it off to
https://myaco.lemans.org/inscription/marshal

for 24h applications.

opens Jan 30th
Old 21 Feb 2017, 03:39 (Ref:3713580)   #14
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Thanks alot the the detailed explanation. Anyone has any idea how to get into Hungrian and monaco f1 grand prix
If still relevant I'd suggest posting something in like the 'flag marshals of the world' group on facebook.