Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 12 Nov 2003, 11:29 (Ref:780894)   #51
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
hence the dailysportscar allusion
flippingfrequentff.com
Old 12 Nov 2003, 18:14 (Ref:781267)   #52
steve27
Rookie

steve27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to explain why the nwffda did so badly....of course Diz is correct when he mentions driver apathy....however on it's inception the nwffda really got of to a bad start...it was a BAD idea to have the BRSCC involved in what should have been private discussions to set out the format and protocol....it's a bad idea to wan't to go to war with the powers that be when they are sat at the same table.....far better to get your strategy then invite them.With the correct people at the helm and yes they have to be enthusiasts,the idea is a sound one.Remember the nwffda was testing the water about maybe as a club asking the BARC to organise or add us onto their meetings!!!!!
Old 12 Nov 2003, 22:36 (Ref:781477)   #53
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you remember though Steve, the reason for that was one of the BRSCC's unwillingness to promote their very strong Championship. Most of the drivers at the table at those meetings felt they were getting less and less for their increasing fees and the purpose of the NWFFDA was to be run along the lines of the ARP F3 club. In a short space of time, we had secured associate sponsorship and test drives for Championship winners. All with very little effort and to this day, we still have not seen anything like this from the BRSCC. Alas, the support from the very people it was set up for, the drivers, wasn't there. Being a member of such a club requires more than just a subscription. Some further good come from it though and we have the Mouse Centre to which you contributed greatly. I will start a new post on the ethics of the BRSCC and advertising though.......
Old 12 Nov 2003, 22:59 (Ref:781507)   #54
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why not offer a place for drivers running in the championships and a place for drivers to advertise their OWN sponsors giving better value or coverage to the sponsor of drivers allowing them to race, and perhaps encouraging a few more smaller businesses to dip in. The clubs get %100 of the sponsorship for these events, and we see that in entry fee's, club membership etc etc, why not make it easier for drivers to promote their own sponsors on a busy website.
Old 12 Nov 2003, 23:35 (Ref:781536)   #55
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Walshy
In a short space of time, we had secured associate sponsorship and test drives for Championship winners. All with very little effort

Some further good come from it though and we have the Mouse Centre to which you contributed greatly.
Chris,

Not factually correct.
1. John Gray of Grays Motorsport approached Tom Dooley to offer the ARP F3 test drives.
2. John Loebell offered the Medina Sport test drives to me at the Annual Dinner.
3. I assume by "associate sponsorship" you mean the Avon Tyres for the Championship winners [an existing award - though probably not publicised as such] and the Neil Bold Vouchers [offered by Neil via Dave Hart]
4. The Anglesey Star Mini Series prize money via Richard Peacock's endeavours.

None of the above were as a result of the NWFFDA, which sadly demised before it could get a proper foothold. They all basically "fell at our feet" due to other peoples interest and generosity, with no efforts from me - or anybody elses - part involved.

The Moose Centre came about due to the drivers respect for Colin.

Diz
Old 12 Nov 2003, 23:39 (Ref:781540)   #56
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for setting me straight Diz!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I was led to believe, the drives were offered as part of the NWFFDA??????
Old 13 Nov 2003, 13:56 (Ref:782062)   #57
ScottDay
Racer

United Kingdom
Derby
ScottDay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A FF1600 website is a ggod idea, but will it cover the Historics?
Old 13 Nov 2003, 15:45 (Ref:782136)   #58
darcym
Veteran

do you want it to ?
Old 13 Nov 2003, 15:46 (Ref:782139)   #59
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would
Old 13 Nov 2003, 16:40 (Ref:782188)   #60
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it needs to cover anything FF1600 as there paths do cross at the big get togethers.Ie Festival,WHT,Carnival and the big race on silverstone GP track mid season.
Old 13 Nov 2003, 19:05 (Ref:782330)   #61
swift
Racer

swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with jminsh: the proposed site should cover all FF1600 aspects even speed events as an earlier contributor noted (but then again I'm biased!)

I would hope that there are enough enthusiastic people out there to drive this forward. We really do need to avoid the situation we found ourselves in with the NWFFDA. THis ended up being run by a small handful of individuals which isn't very fair as I'm sure we all have better things to do with what spare time we have
Old 13 Nov 2003, 19:58 (Ref:782372)   #62
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Scott - think my earlier post mentioned that Classics and Historics would be covered as well. If it didn't, I apologise!
Old 13 Nov 2003, 20:02 (Ref:782374)   #63
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back from London

I will read the notes later and then add my ideas

Regards Redracer 57
Old 13 Nov 2003, 23:27 (Ref:782628)   #64
Redracer77
Veteran

right.

Evening all, sorry for not chipping in earlier but i have been doing an exhibition in London and spent the evenings drinking in bars networking rather than being on this website!!

I have read all the posts and people do seem very keen. Which is good indeed. When Ian and I started talking about the idea I have had time to think about it more. The longer I thought the bigger and better the site got!! What is key to a FF1600 club is that it is up dated all the time.

The Structure -

We would cover all the FF1600 Championships (NOT Zetecs) SWFF, SOM, NWFF, CCFF, Classics and Historics (r they not the same?)

Each club would need 2 members to the production team. One as the driver rep/chairman of the Championship for example Diz in NWFF or Peter Daly in the SOM etc (if they were keen) and each championship would then have a website manager for example Paul Rayner in the NWFF and Ian for the SOM etc. They would be responsible for updating news, results and pictures as soon as possible after each race. THIS IS KEY. An updated site is a USED site. If it is not updated people will stop using it and it will fail. The website would then have to be designed to include a CMS system (Content Management System). This would allow the web editor for each championship an ultra easy way of up dating the info which can be used on any computer with an internet connection.

We would then have other areas of the site such as -

Entry Details, For Sale, News, Forum, Billboard, "Live" MST timings (TBC).

I think Jason had a good idea with adding Demon Tweeks as a supplier who is willing to offer a discount. This is very important when getting value for money from the Club. Any other people involved in companies that could offer similar deals for Club members then it would be great to hear from you. Anything that would mean better value for member would be great.

This leads me on to the cost......

Depending on the final spec I think this type of project would cost in the region of £10 - 12k at "retail" price. At pure cost (just designers time) I think it would be about £5,000. I will put in £2,500 as a sponsor to the club which would bring the cost down to £2,500. This could be paid for from a number of ways. Get each championship to get a sponsor for their section. For example Neil maybe interested in putting £500 - £1000 into the pot to promote OPAL with direct links to the OPAL website etc. Peter Daly maybe interested in the SOM etc. This could easily pay for the build.
If everyone that joins pays a £50 sub for 12 months. Some people may say that £50 is a lot but with the member benefits alone this could be got back. For example buying a new race suit from Jason could save you £50 for being in the club etc

Ian Sowman and JWRF01 have offered to do the editing for the SOM and the SWFF. So we now need one from each of the NWFF, CCFF and the historics. We also need one from each of all of the championships to go on the Club board. I suggest we ask JEB to be Chairman? I would like to be on the board as one of the creators but not in the NWFF slot as I guess Diz would be a great man for that.

We need to get the board in place to start the club going and make sure this is a big hit.

I own the domain name - www.clubFF1600.co.uk this could be used for the Club website?

Let me know what you think?
Old 13 Nov 2003, 23:41 (Ref:782647)   #65
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the club is to move forward then we need to establish a working party (as Jon Adlam correctly pointed out to me) sooner rather than later. I think this should be five or six people strong and hopefully cover a cross-section of the FF1600 'community'.

I am happy to be involved (although an 'outsider'!) so we probably need about five more people to meet up and discuss all this. I imagine the website would be the 'official' site of any club and as such we could discuss it in the working party.

If anyone would like to be part of this either PM me or e-mail me if my inbox should fill up (through my profile page) - get in touch even if you have already expressed support on here/in a PM/email. We can then think about arranging a meeting. If anyone knows a non Ten Tenths person who might be interested, please speak to them about it!
Old 14 Nov 2003, 10:45 (Ref:783020)   #66
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
I can probabley help on the historic side of things but iam fairly short on time with 3 historics and 1 NWFF to prep.
Old 14 Nov 2003, 11:57 (Ref:783086)   #67
JNWRF01
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
JNWRF01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In terms of the Southern series - not sure on the kent numbers - are you sure you don't want to include the zetec numbers as they were the stronger class this year (not neccessarily next year thought.)
Old 14 Nov 2003, 12:33 (Ref:783123)   #68
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Somebody told my engineer, at the Walter Hayes, that the Souther and Midlands FF1600s may have to merge next year due to (lack of) numbers.
I hope not but does anyone hear know much, that they are willing to tell?
Old 14 Nov 2003, 13:01 (Ref:783157)   #69
Barny
Racer

Barny should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re-funding, perhaps Ford could be persuaded to help fund or sponsor the website, thet could have links to their sites.
Old 14 Nov 2003, 13:17 (Ref:783169)   #70
Redracer77
Veteran

It is a good idea Barny but Ford are a client of mine and I am working on a project with them at the moment. I know how difficult it is to get Ford to put hands in pockets and pay for stuff.

I will ask at Ford HQ but I don't promise anything. Everything they do is backed up and determind by how many sales they can get from it.
Old 14 Nov 2003, 13:34 (Ref:783192)   #71
darcym
Veteran

so why are they involved in Jaguar
Old 14 Nov 2003, 14:09 (Ref:783238)   #72
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
Ford dont like to be involved with the old technology ie the Kent engine which was the main reason for them moving to the Zetec engine formula in about 93-94.
Old 14 Nov 2003, 14:16 (Ref:783248)   #73
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like they don't like it being called Formula Ford 1600 and generally insist on FF1600...
Old 14 Nov 2003, 14:20 (Ref:783250)   #74
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
nothing like being proud of your heritage is there
Old 14 Nov 2003, 14:21 (Ref:783252)   #75
StephenRae
Veteran

Wales
North West
StephenRae should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the basis that I don't want to join any club that would have me as a member; couldn't we call it something else. I prefer association, or something with the word racing in the title may be more promotable.
Apart from this minor critisism I 100% approve of everything that's been said. I even agree with a first year set up fee of £50 or so each.........I think it important to retain independence free from commercial pressure...