Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Apr 2004, 20:49 (Ref:938772)   #76
Yimkin
Racer

Yimkin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by neil_davidson2
If anyone's interested in seeing photo's from yesterday I've updated my website with a selection:
Cloth Caps are here
and Top Hats are here

Neil
Neil - some really nice pics there!

Simon - from Neils pics I now see what happened to your car (as I said to Simon on the day, I knew I was going to be passed but after a short while couldn't see the Alfa - I was scared to turn in as I thought I'd suddenly developed an Alfa shaed blind spot....)

A really good day despite halfshaft problems (which meant I had no practice whatsoever on a track I'd never driven on before (that made the first flying lap interesting!) - really friendly people and really good marshalling.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 21:54 (Ref:938836)   #77
Yimkin
Racer

Yimkin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Yimkin
Neil - some really nice pics there!

Simon - from Neils pics I now see what happened to your car (as I said to Simon on the day, I knew I was going to be passed but after a short while couldn't see the Alfa - I was scared to turn in as I thought I'd suddenly developed an Alfa shaed blind spot....)

A really good day despite halfshaft problems (which meant I had no practice whatsoever on a track I'd never driven on before (that made the first flying lap interesting!) - really friendly people and really good marshalling.
(I should point out that the CoC ok'd me to go out without practice, and would also like to thank the many really helpful people who offered advice on fitting a Mk2 cortina halfshaft, shortened to Mk 1 spec, to a 100E - not simple!)
Old 14 Apr 2004, 06:31 (Ref:939071)   #78
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
excellant photos Neil
can I order copies from you?
I am especially ken to have a copy of the photo showing my co driver spinning my car (no 20 in Top Hat)the action shot of my car was first corner first lap it was very busy!! the red Alfa next to me is an old car of mine which sadly retired a few laps later, thanks for posting them they have really brought back the race to me!
Old 14 Apr 2004, 08:10 (Ref:939125)   #79
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
great pics and great cars, I'll be dicing with that lot at Spa hopefully in September.
Old 14 Apr 2004, 12:21 (Ref:939374)   #80
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks guys - glad you liked them. I think I got a little carried away since I appear to have over 500 pics from the day so if anyone is looking for something in particular that's not on the site then let me know as there may be something buried in the archives!

Simon - I've PM'd details to you.

Neil
Old 14 Apr 2004, 22:26 (Ref:939887)   #81
Hamness
Racer

Wales
Hamness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent pictures Neil, again. As an ardent Combe fan who first started spectating here in 1970, I am so glad that people have only now, relatively speaking, found out that Combe is a superb facility both for competitors and spectators. Earlier posts re: the number of spectators, can be assured that tis normal for BH Monday meetings. I am not blowing a trumpet for Combe, but, having spectated at every major circuit in the UK going back to 1959, I can safely say that the atmosphere here is second to none. Lets hope you get the 70/80 saloon race here nexy year.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 11:12 (Ref:946530)   #82
Slowcoach
Racer

Slowcoach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
may I ask how much the entry fees are for top hat/cloth cap and what you get for your money - i.e. race length etc ?
Old 21 Apr 2004, 11:35 (Ref:946568)   #83
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
they seem to Average about £300-£350 for an hour race and 1/2 hour practice . . .although it varies from place to place.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 11:40 (Ref:946577)   #84
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would also add that there is a hospitality tent with lunch and coffee etc and most importantly very good driving standards
Old 21 Apr 2004, 13:27 (Ref:946698)   #85
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
good points . . . . even free Beer at SPa last year
Old 21 Apr 2004, 16:05 (Ref:946823)   #86
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When Julius's races go abroad do they still count as UK National A or is an International license needed ?
Old 22 Apr 2004, 06:30 (Ref:947501)   #87
simon drabble
Veteran

looking at the Chimay and Pau entry forms it seems you can do it on a National A
it just keeps getting better!
Old 22 Apr 2004, 06:40 (Ref:947506)   #88
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Its the FIA that decides and I think they've waived the requirement for this year. However I beleive they still want to restrict our freedom of movenment within the EU so it will not be resolved easily.