Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Mar 2005, 00:27 (Ref:1251206)   #1
brendan24688
Racer

brendan24688 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HPDC V8 Supercar Series

www.v8supercars.com.au

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/l...nd=M&gid=15052

Sponsor announced for second tier V8 Supercar Series
Release Date: 14/03/2005
The Australian Vee Eight Supercar Company (AVESCO) today announced the Holden Performance Driving Centre will officially sponsor the second tier V8 Supercar Series in 2005.

The sponsorship agreement is a joint initiative between AVESCO and the Holden Performance Driving Centre (HPDC). The series will be officially known as the HPDC V8 Supercar Series.

AVESCO Chief Executive Officer Wayne Cattach said the announcement of the Holden Performance Driving Centre joining the category has shown that the crucial message of road safety and behind the wheel training is a priority of V8 Supercars.

“The second tier V8 Supercar series has grown from strength to strength since its inception in 2000,” Mr Cattach said.

“The series has generated some of the Championship’s most talented drivers and with the support of the Holden Performance Driving Centre, we can continue the association of fostering the importance of road safety through these talented up-and-coming drivers.

“Holden has had a long association with Australian Motorsport and it is fitting that the Holden drive centre is supporting an evolving category in the HPDC V8 Supercar Series.”

Holden Performance Driving Centre General Manager Russell White said that when approached about the opportunity, he felt the linkages were a perfect fit between his organisation and the V8 Supercar Series.

"We see enormous potential in Holden Performance Driving Centre sponsoring the V8 development series. It’s sure to be a high profile association that will help us in promoting road safety awareness, particularly through our junior driver programs,” Mr White said.

“For well over a decade, HPDC has been recognised as a ‘University’ for better driving. We want to highlight the importance of being a good road driver and that the road can be a more dangerous environment than the racetrack.

“Our association with the V8 series is the perfect platform to promote the HRDC facility, our driving philosophies and programs – all to a greater audience.”

The first round of the HPDC V8 Supercar Series commences at Clipsal 500 Adelaide on March 17 – 20 where it again plays host as the major support category to the V8 Supercar Championship Series.

This year the series will be showcased by established drivers including V8 Ute Champion and television personality Grant Denyer, 2004 Championship Series regular Warren Luff and inaugural series winner Dean Canto.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 00:57 (Ref:1251215)   #2
Sol
Racer

Sol should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So does this mean it is a Holden sponsorship or a Terry Morris sponsorship?
Old 14 Mar 2005, 02:05 (Ref:1251233)   #3
ashman36
Rookie

Australia
Just over the road ;)
ashman36 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hahaha cant wait for a Ford team to win the Holden Peformance Driving Centre Championship
Old 14 Mar 2005, 05:02 (Ref:1251259)   #4
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What, it's not a Development Series anymore?? That name lasted long
Old 14 Mar 2005, 05:22 (Ref:1251266)   #5
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So first they bail out the Kelly's with HSV logo's and know the "Development Series" with more Holden money. All on the back of a wonderfully placed fishing article in the BRW about how good an investment V8SC is for business.

Hmmmm......
Old 14 Mar 2005, 06:52 (Ref:1251284)   #6
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny that for Adelaide there are 28 nominations but only 9 of those are holdens (and only 2 VY's) with the exception of D'lberto I can't see holden being anywhere this season...

Last edited by James63; 14 Mar 2005 at 06:52.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 07:23 (Ref:1251288)   #7
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done to Russell and the blokes at the HPDC on the sponsorship of the series.

It will be the best way to promote the impressive facility....

I think having a Holden sponsor (of sorts) is better than no sponsor, can you remember the Forf Tickford 500 at Sandown?
Old 14 Mar 2005, 08:07 (Ref:1251307)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think its great news that the secondary series has a major sponsor.

The HPDC squad do some good work on the Norwell facility, where PMM (and now TKR too) is also based.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 14 Mar 2005, 10:25 (Ref:1251398)   #9
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

It simply reflects the absence of sponsors for the V8SC product - have teams priced themselves above the competition e.g the footy codes? Holden seem to be increasing their spend substantially.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 10:37 (Ref:1251407)   #10
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ford have up the stakes substantially with the whole Bright saga too this year. There is some fair coin being thrown by these two. Whether this a good thing or a bad thing, I guess only time will tell.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 11:07 (Ref:1251467)   #11
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If indeed it is the Morris side of the operation flipping the pennies at it, well, good on them. They've obviously done ok out having names plastered on the sides of race cars. Remember back in the day when it was just 'Mount Cotton Wines' on the side of the BMW, and look what Sirromet is up to these days. Would they be where they are without the exposure they've received over the years?
Old 14 Mar 2005, 11:20 (Ref:1251482)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well one does have to wonder... what Bathurst codriver from last season, whose father is the GM of Konica Minolta... who sponsored the V8Lites category since its 2nd year.. and the proprietor of HPDC (where that codriver works most days) have in common dont you....

It remains very good news... Perhaps Mr D'Alberto will be the inaugural champion.... with some factory support behind him, it isnt impossible
Old 14 Mar 2005, 12:51 (Ref:1251555)   #13
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets be honest, how competitive is a Holden with with the old engine going to be against what are effectively current spec BA Falcon's (with access to the latest development) going to be this year?
Old 14 Mar 2005, 13:29 (Ref:1251579)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Very competitive... in the right hands of course....
Old 14 Mar 2005, 19:55 (Ref:1251909)   #15
cavvy
Veteran

Sirromet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test
If indeed it is the Morris side of the operation flipping the pennies at it, well, good on them. They've obviously done ok out having names plastered on the sides of race cars. Remember back in the day when it was just 'Mount Cotton Wines' on the side of the BMW, and look what Sirromet is up to these days. Would they be where they are without the exposure they've received over the years?
I've never seen any of their product on the shelves in Melbourne - have you tested their syrup and/or crash test?
Any regular users among our ranks, what do you recommend from from the Morris stable?
Old 14 Mar 2005, 21:25 (Ref:1252000)   #16
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, it's wet and alcomoholic.

Certainly the winery and the kit that goes with it (at least the Mt Cotton section) is really popular and quite a nice part of the universe.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 23:42 (Ref:1252088)   #17
twinwebbers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can recommend the winery... Bloody lovely little spot with a great restaurant.

...as for the product, let's just say I have had a lot better for a lot less dollars.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 11:01 (Ref:1252288)   #18
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
Lets be honest, how competitive is a Holden with with the old engine going to be against what are effectively current spec BA Falcon's (with access to the latest development) going to be this year?
The only way a Holden will win this championship is with the backing of a Level One team and the newer engine being able to be used along with the 18-degree engine, because i don't see the point of running a new VY Commodore and have to use the engines that were run in the VX. It just doesn't make sense to me?
Old 15 Mar 2005, 11:27 (Ref:1252304)   #19
cavvy
Veteran

So Sirromet is unknown outside Queensland - does not do much to support Racer69 & his claims for V8SC sponsorship. Actually it is another example of the Holden product unable to attract commercial support.
I am not being critical of the product, rather I see a category spending money at a rate beyond its ability to attract the revenue.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 11:32 (Ref:1252307)   #20
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Hangon, what claims have i made about V8 Sponsorship?
Old 15 Mar 2005, 19:55 (Ref:1252807)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
From Racenews and wherever.

Fast Facts - Holden Performance Driving Centre
HOLDEN PERFORMANCE DRIVING CENTRE - FAST FACTS

The Australian Vee Eight Supercar Company (AVESCO) yesterday announced the Gold Coast-based Holden Performance Driving Centre will officially sponsor the second tier V8 Supercar Series in 2005. The series will be officially known as the HPDC V8 Supercar Series.

Below are some 'Fast Facts' about the HPDC.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HOLDEN PERFORMANCE DRIVING CENTRE - FAST FACTS

ADDRESS:
75 Norwell Road, Norwell, Queensland 4208

TELEPHONE:
(07) 5546-1366

E-MAIL:
info@performancedriving.com.au

http://www.performancedriving.com.au

GENERAL MANAGER:
Russell White

OPENED:
1990 – founded by Frank Gardner, winner of 100 international motor races

OWNED BY:
Drivesafe, part of the Morris International group of companies

PROPERTY:
22.7-hectares

TRACK:
2.4km (full course)

SKID PAD:
97-metre diameter, with 7-metre diameter turntable. For skid control, braking training, and simulated wet weather driving.

TRAINING VEHICLES:
21 Holdens – Commodore, Statesman, Astra, Vectra, Adventra

INSTRUCTORS:
4 fulltime, total of 20

DRIVING COURSES:
Level One, Level Two, Level Three, CAMS Motorsport Program, 4WD Program

MOTORSPORT GALLERY:
Collection of Holden cars, racing cars from various eras (tours
operating)

V8 SUPERCAR TEAMS ON-SITE:
Paul Morris Motorsports, Team Kiwi Racing (tours operating)

V8 SUPERCAR WORKSHOP FACILITIES:
Fabrication area, machine shop with CNC lathe and mill, network computer system, engine room and dyno, design office for technical engineers, race shop and car assembly area (tours of some facilities operating)

V8 SUPER SCHOOL:
Motorsport fans and general public drive or take passenger rides in race-replica V8 Holden Commodores and Ford Falcons. Race suit and helmet provided

2005 HOLDEN PERFORMANCE DRIVING CENTRE V8 SUPERCAR SERIES CALENDAR

Round 1: March 17-20; Adelaide, South Australia
Round 2: May 13-15; Wakefield Park, Goulburn, NSW
Round 3: July 8-10; Eastern Creek, Sydney, NSW
Round 4: July 22-24; Queensland Raceway, Ipswich, Queensland Round 5: August 19-21; Mallala Raceway, Mallala, South Australia Round 6: October 6-9; Mount Panorama, Bathurst, NSW Round 7: November 25-27; Phillip Island, Victoria

Old 15 Mar 2005, 21:18 (Ref:1252867)   #22
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the v8 super school Morris & Ambrose have 6 cars between them. Doing ok in the tourist industry with arrive and drive packages. Ambrose runs a lot of corporate days as well.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!