Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 14 Oct 2021, 15:27 (Ref:4078458)   #151
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anybody listen to the MP/GG This Week in Sportscars? They have not done them as much since Robin Miller died I noticed. I think Marshall Pruett priorizes his Indycar coverage no doubt.

They did one in first week of October though...Graham Goodwin (again) taking swipes at John Dagys unfairly. Why he does not like his work so much I don't know. There is room for both outlets and they don't always overlap. But I am for sure more of a S365 guy.
Old 14 Oct 2021, 16:51 (Ref:4078467)   #152
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
North American Sportscar Media Thread

That’s interesting. How longer will they continue with those shows? Obviously Marshall Pruett has got his own things to concentrate, so probably doesn’t have the time to do much more

Why do you think Dagys was getting all the stick? It does seem to be a bit odd that chose go off on one on him. Must be something under the surface. I guess it depends how much you agree with or whether you can look at it objectively
Old 14 Oct 2021, 16:53 (Ref:4078468)   #153
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Does anybody listen to the MP/GG This Week in Sportscars?
Nope.

Quote:
Graham Goodwin (again) taking swipes at John Dagys unfairly.
Because this.

To be blunt: Journalists need to stop thinking the sport is about them. Nobody cares about their drama. We care more about the quality of the writing. And given the structure of some of the sentences we see, that is becoming harder and hard to find.

I've taken to listening the Endurance Chat podcast instead of the usual ones. Far less drama, with far higher audio quality.
Old 14 Oct 2021, 17:03 (Ref:4078470)   #154
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I don't know where the rivalry stems from. I know that Graham has accused John of being clickbaity and rushing to be the first with stuff without fully fleshing things out. But DSC under Graham has IMO done their fair share of clickbait, too. There was also a poster here who (I think) worked for Muscle Milk Greg Pickett Racing when they were in the ALMS and someone from the team told Daygs something under the condition of anonymity (as in not even mention MMGPR's name as a team) about the team's post ALMS plans, and John leaked it.

This is why I usually wait for official sources from the team, manufacturer/OEM, driver or series to come out. And why I agree with comments that NASCAR driver Kevin Harvick made over a decade ago about anon. sources, that they're "crap".

Not to mention that some go full on Reditor conspiracy theorist when the issues of what's going on are often simpler--and sometimes more innocent--than they're suggesting.

Last edited by chernaudi; 14 Oct 2021 at 17:08.
Old 14 Oct 2021, 20:55 (Ref:4078504)   #155
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My favorite sportscar related media personality right now is Ryan Myhren. Just an awsome guy and very talented. He was fantastic commentating the Spa 24 too. Good time to mention him too with the Indy 8 coming up in a couple days.
Old 15 Oct 2021, 06:36 (Ref:4078542)   #156
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ryan seems like a lovely guy.

To be fair, I worked with John Dagys at Daytona 24 in 2006. He was great fun to work with and hang out with. He won't remember me as I went into an entirely different industry afterwards, but I remember good laughs with him.
Old 16 Oct 2021, 16:54 (Ref:4078738)   #157
WyldStallion
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Ryan seems like a lovely guy.

To be fair, I worked with John Dagys at Daytona 24 in 2006. He was great fun to work with and hang out with. He won't remember me as I went into an entirely different industry afterwards, but I remember good laughs with him.
Got to say Hi briefly to John Dagys at Daytona 24 2018, he responded kindly back. Have interacted with Ryan Myren on twitter a few times. Two worth mentioning though is this. 1) Ryan said he is aware of the ten tenths forum but does not go on much 2) I asked Ryan during the Spa 24 if he could do something about the excessive highlight segments they do during the race. Especially in the last 10 hours. He mentioned he would talk about it during a mid race staff meeting. You guys who watched the Spa 24 this year might have noticed the frequency of those segments reduce a bunch this time!
Old 16 Nov 2021, 20:58 (Ref:4083891)   #158
WyldStallion
Veteran

I get the impression that Ryan Myhren has left Sportscar365. The past couple of DoubleStint podcasts did not have him in it.

Also John Dagys just said in today's Post Petit Le Mans podcast that the show will be suspended indefinitly as the show was tied to Ryan running it from week to week.
Old 17 Nov 2021, 19:48 (Ref:4084092)   #159
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Historically all the "Ford, Hyundai, Lexus, Yamaha, and British Standard are going to DPi next year (because IMSA is the greatest racing series on Earth and WEC is dumb)!" type clickbait hype articles and hit pieces came out of Dagys so it was pretty fair game to shade S365.

These days DSC is kind of slow and Racer have been just as big of cheerleaders for years now so maybe it's a dead horse.
Old 17 Nov 2021, 20:59 (Ref:4084107)   #160
WyldStallion
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
Historically all the "Ford, Hyundai, Lexus, Yamaha, and British Standard are going to DPi next year (because IMSA is the greatest racing series on Earth and WEC is dumb)!" type clickbait hype articles and hit pieces came out of Dagys so it was pretty fair game to shade S365.

These days DSC is kind of slow and Racer have been just as big of cheerleaders for years now so maybe it's a dead horse.
They don't pretend something is happening. There is a clear distinction in the articles between what is confirmed and what is speculation.

Sportscar365 has been an excellent media source. Glad to have them. But yeah losing Ryan and the podcast stinks. I did see Ryan in a Indianapolis Motor Speedway uniform i wonder if their PA/Radio network picked him up recently which was the motivation for him leaving. Just speculation on my part.
Old 2 Dec 2021, 13:14 (Ref:4086256)   #161
WyldStallion
Veteran

I thnk another reason Ryan left sportscar365 is because he is trying to build a portfolio in other sports too. Found out that he is a commentator for a Division III level college football team in Indiana.
Old 2 Feb 2022, 16:52 (Ref:4097125)   #162
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Daytona 24h TV average viewers:

* Saturday's NBC window: 964 k.
* Saturday 4-7 pm's window: 215 k.

* Saturday 10 pm - 3 am's window: 114 k.
* Sunday's 6 am - 12 pm window: 173 k.
Old 2 Feb 2022, 18:40 (Ref:4097144)   #163
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Slight drop from the 2021 race with a peak of 1.34 mill on NBC and 366k on NBCSN.

But keep in mind playoff football Sunday afternoon vs Pro Bowl last year. Has a huge impact of the rest of TV, they drew 23.6 rating with 47.8 million viewers
Old 2 Feb 2022, 22:19 (Ref:4097169)   #164
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
I get the impression that Ryan Myhren has left Sportscar365. The past couple of DoubleStint podcasts did not have him in it.

Also John Dagys just said in today's Post Petit Le Mans podcast that the show will be suspended indefinitly as the show was tied to Ryan running it from week to week.
It's no secret I made a motorsport calendar app for iPhone and Android. When I was looking at advertising it, I spoke to John again about advertising on the S365 podcasts. Not to be mean, but I felt that the shows listening figures were incredibly low given how popular S365 is, and the money wanted for advertising on the show was exceptionally high. I could get 120 times (yes, 120 times) more listeners on another podcast for the same price. I am currently speaking to RelayFM about advertising.

Endurance Chat is a barely known podcast (but deserves more listeners) and is basically the same on listening numbers. And the price to advertise on it was about 40 times lower than S365.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post

S365 clickbait was real. But if we are brutally honest here, this is not a particularly fair comparison. Many of DSCs incorrect rumours were fed out on commentary and podcast. Many confirmed LMP1 and Ginetta stories stated as coming soons that never did. The only difference was the medium they were reported in.
Old 4 Apr 2022, 20:38 (Ref:4105337)   #165
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
S365 clickbait was real. But if we are brutally honest here, this is not a particularly fair comparison. Many of DSCs incorrect rumours were fed out on commentary and podcast. Many confirmed LMP1 and Ginetta stories stated as coming soons that never did. The only difference was the medium they were reported in.
A lot of DSC stories (and also things that Graham says on podcasts and in commentary) are so unbelievably "optimistic" that you wonder whether he's being paid to write them. Like some kind of social media influencer for struggling sports car teams.
Old 5 Apr 2022, 10:38 (Ref:4105386)   #166
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Some of the DSC content is good, but they do speculate a lot, especially Graham and you wonder if he's found any source in his rumour and where he got from. I think he's just trying to do his job, but he can't always get it right if he speculates all the time
Old 26 Apr 2022, 12:31 (Ref:4108103)   #167
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any news about TWISC? It has been a while since the last podcast
Old 11 May 2022, 14:25 (Ref:4109669)   #168
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The IMSA's Laguna Seca race averaged 483 k viewers on NBC.

https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/s...-5-1-2022.html
Old 17 May 2022, 15:28 (Ref:4110382)   #169
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
The IMSA's Mid-Ohio race averaged 103 k viewers on USA Network.

https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/s...rk-finals.html
Old 6 Oct 2022, 14:05 (Ref:4128902)   #170
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Petit Le Mans averaged 400k viewers on NBC (12:00 pm) and 154 k viewers on USA Network (6:45 pm).

https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/s...10-2-2022.html
https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/s...rk-finals.html
Old 6 Oct 2022, 14:21 (Ref:4128904)   #171
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wonder how many spectators were actually there? Seemed to me like the crowd was a little smaller but given the issues in FL and the expected weather impact (that didn't happen), I can understand why. Good race overall if not for all of the cautions.
Old 11 Nov 2022, 21:05 (Ref:4133321)   #172
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Graham Goodwin (again) taking swipes at John Dagys
Quote:
With another media outlet having decided that their ‘scoop’ was more important than the Team Owner’s trust, we can now report that Proton Competition will become the second Porsche 963 privateer entrant in both the 2023 FIA WEC’s HyperCar class and the GTP class for the IMSA Weathertech Sportscar Championship.
I think Dagys must live rent free in GGs head, as he's now opening articles with whatever John is up to.

I missed most of this years motorsport with work and house stuff. It's good to see the petty bickering remains untouched within the sportscar media.
Old 12 Nov 2022, 15:00 (Ref:4133352)   #173
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I never understood why people tell infermation to a journalist, then aski them not to publish it. That's absurd!

Reporters are meant to publish news. I don't see any reason to hide something excepct for force majeur, which this is not the case.
Old 12 Nov 2022, 15:06 (Ref:4133353)   #174
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It could be to keep the journalist informed so that they are ready when the news is official and it isn’t a complete shock. That helps good journalism. Also could be so the journalist knows not to report the opposite!

Although in this case who knows. It’s just
Old 12 Nov 2022, 15:29 (Ref:4133355)   #175
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I never understood why people tell infermation to a journalist, then aski them not to publish it. That's absurd!

Reporters are meant to publish news. I don't see any reason to hide something excepct for force majeur, which this is not the case.
This is really common - it's a press embargo. Tech is a great example. Apple make a new iPad - they send the new iPad to reviewers a week before release, and then there's a press embargo until the day before release, and everyone has to wait until then to post the review. In techs case, if you break the embagro, then Apple won't send you any stuff to review. And in their case there is likely an NDA contract involved.

It's a super common thing. And I'm not saying I'm defending Dagys (or S365 in general if it wasn't him), but what I don't need is to read another site and find these childish swipes at each other. Unfortunatley, enjoying this sport means reading articles about it and listening to podcasts about it - but I now have zero tolerance for this petty nonsense. Tell me the f**king news. I don't care who you like and dislike. Partly because it's a huge case of stones and glass houses.