Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 9 Feb 2023, 11:21 (Ref:4143254)   #1176
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
WSR suggesting (after the Red Bull livery) their livery will be much different this year - so perhaps no BMW backing?

https://twitter.com/official_wsr/sta...394521600?s=21
Just to add to the speculation about BMW backing (or lack of) [because this is the rumours thread]

Turkington announcement 2022 "The Northern Irishman will remain with Team BMW (run by West Surrey Racing) for their 6th consecutive season and feels that consistency and stability will be key in this new exciting chapter for the series."

Turkington announcement 2023 "Colin Turkington and West Surrey Racing will remain together for the 2023 British Touring Car Championship. I’m extremely pleased to be a part of the West Surrey Racing team for the 2023 season and to race the BMW 330e M Sport for another season."
Old 9 Feb 2023, 11:31 (Ref:4143256)   #1177
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Just to add to the speculation about BMW backing (or lack of) [because this is the rumours thread]

Turkington announcement 2022 "The Northern Irishman will remain with Team BMW (run by West Surrey Racing) for their 6th consecutive season and feels that consistency and stability will be key in this new exciting chapter for the series."

Turkington announcement 2023 "Colin Turkington and West Surrey Racing will remain together for the 2023 British Touring Car Championship. I’m extremely pleased to be a part of the West Surrey Racing team for the 2023 season and to race the BMW 330e M Sport for another season."
the tweet came from;
"WSR - Team BMW
Running Team BMW and Laser Tools Racing with MB Motorsport in 2023"

(my use of bold to highlight)
Old 9 Feb 2023, 12:40 (Ref:4143262)   #1178
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

Noticed that myself as well and was not sure whether to read too much into that. Lack of reference to Team BMW (or BMW in general) doesn't seem to be just a coincidence, however, as noted already, they still refer to themselves as Team BMW on Twitter. BMW's support will be dropped one day eventually (even if in rumours it seems to be happening every year) so we'll just wait and see.
Old 9 Feb 2023, 13:04 (Ref:4143264)   #1179
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Putting this here as he is ex-BTCC, Tom Oliphant has once again teased on Twitter that there is exciting racing news from him coming soon.

As an aside, he still has BTCC in his Twitter name - "Tom Oliphant BTCC". Most likely he just hasn't changed it, but would certainly be interesting if he does come back to the UK for some racing.
Old 9 Feb 2023, 13:30 (Ref:4143267)   #1180
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The BMW liveries have been to promote a particular product within the BMW UK portfolio - it would be very easy to generate a completely different livery should they want to promote a different product.
Old 9 Feb 2023, 13:51 (Ref:4143268)   #1181
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
No surprise Colin is back. Be interesting to see how the rest of the grid fills up. Or rather how soon it fills up
Old 9 Feb 2023, 13:58 (Ref:4143275)   #1182
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Be interesting to see how the rest of the grid fills up. Or rather how soon it fills up
Definitely! Still a long way away from the season starting - 10 weeks until Round 1 at Donington, so probably 7-8 weeks until Media Day.
Old 9 Feb 2023, 16:08 (Ref:4143287)   #1183
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
Putting this here as he is ex-BTCC, Tom Oliphant has once again teased on Twitter that there is exciting racing news from him coming soon.

As an aside, he still has BTCC in his Twitter name - "Tom Oliphant BTCC". Most likely he just hasn't changed it, but would certainly be interesting if he does come back to the UK for some racing.
Peak excitement……it HAS been a dull off season!
Old 9 Feb 2023, 16:16 (Ref:4143289)   #1184
InYourMirrors45
Racer

InYourMirrors45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would expect that BTC’s “big news” will be an expansion into another series, likely British GT or something of sorts. Pretty sure Cook will be retained and I also have a suspicion that the first driver teaser photo is Plato.
Old 9 Feb 2023, 17:55 (Ref:4143305)   #1185
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourMirrors45 View Post
Would expect that BTC’s “big news” will be an expansion into another series, likely British GT or something of sorts. Pretty sure Cook will be retained and I also have a suspicion that the first driver teaser photo is Plato.
I think the big news is the rebrand/rename. I'm thinking a possible expansion to 4 cars as well
Old 9 Feb 2023, 19:17 (Ref:4143313)   #1186
Ant25
Racer

Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guessing the announcements have been delayed a little bit!
Old 9 Feb 2023, 19:52 (Ref:4143315)   #1187
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Call me an old cynic, but the more teams trail a huge announcement the more I think it will be unremarkable
Old 9 Feb 2023, 20:37 (Ref:4143317)   #1188
PeterY
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
PeterY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourMirrors45 View Post
This, BTC guys were out supporting a GT4 Merc at Oulton earlier in the week
Old 10 Feb 2023, 08:17 (Ref:4143349)   #1189
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
When are we next going to get an announcement that there's gong to be an announcement?
Old 10 Feb 2023, 08:26 (Ref:4143353)   #1190
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
When are we next going to get an announcement that there's gong to be an announcement?
lunchtime.
Old 10 Feb 2023, 09:07 (Ref:4143355)   #1191
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Looks like TCR Australia in an Alfa Romeo

https://twitter.com/motorsport/statu...162827265?s=21
Old 10 Feb 2023, 09:14 (Ref:4143357)   #1192
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Its not been announced yet
Old 10 Feb 2023, 19:31 (Ref:4143401)   #1193
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Team Hard trolling the supposed announcements ?
Old 11 Feb 2023, 10:20 (Ref:4143443)   #1194
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Team Hard trolling the supposed announcements ?
Funny, they've been one of the few teams that have announced any drivers
Old 11 Feb 2023, 18:35 (Ref:4143468)   #1195
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://twitter.com/btc_racing/statu...U7kcwJtAT0IQ4Q

BTC Racing updating and teasing us.

Looks like Drew Crees can’t keep a secret. He’s been Tweeting stuff alluding to Moffat linking up with BTC for a week or so.
Old 11 Feb 2023, 18:42 (Ref:4143471)   #1196
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
https://twitter.com/btc_racing/statu...U7kcwJtAT0IQ4Q

BTC Racing updating and teasing us.

Looks like Drew Crees can’t keep a secret. He’s been Tweeting stuff alluding to Moffat linking up with BTC for a week or so.
I thought Proctor and Cook at first but could also be Cook and Moffat.

Yeah he doesn't act the most professionally given his connection to a driver on the grid...
Old 11 Feb 2023, 18:54 (Ref:4143474)   #1197
SSmith
Veteran

If Moffat is potentially racing for BTC Racing this year, I wonder whether the two Aiden Moffat Racing TBLs will be unused?

It would explain why Autosport's most recent BTCC article [https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...ason/10429315/] only had 27 names or TBAs at the bottom (4x Motorbase, 4x WSR, 4x Excelr8, 2x Dynamics, 3x BTC, 3x Speedworks, 5x HARD, 2x PMR) as opposed to the 29 it should list.
Old 11 Feb 2023, 19:00 (Ref:4143475)   #1198
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
If Moffat is potentially racing for BTC Racing this year, I wonder whether the two Aiden Moffat Racing TBLs will be unused?

It would explain why Autosport's most recent BTCC article [https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...ason/10429315/] only had 27 names or TBAs at the bottom (4x Motorbase, 4x WSR, 4x Excelr8, 2x Dynamics, 3x BTC, 3x Speedworks, 5x HARD, 2x PMR) as opposed to the 29 it should list.
Moffat was getting his hospitality suite re-wrapped the other week though. I’m going to guess BTC Racing (or a new name) running the Moffat cars as well as their 3.
Old 11 Feb 2023, 19:06 (Ref:4143477)   #1199
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Moffat was getting his hospitality suite re-wrapped the other week though. I’m going to guess BTC Racing (or a new name) running the Moffat cars as well as their 3.
That's what I'm thinking. A satellite effort.
Old 11 Feb 2023, 19:17 (Ref:4143478)   #1200
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
That's what I'm thinking. A satellite effort.
Other team members then? From Jade’s posts she looks to be short of sorting a 2023 deal. Butel? Proctor was also giving off positive vibes and clearly has close links to Dudman still.

I’m going Cook + Gamble + Butel at BTC and Moffat and Proctor in the Aiden Moffat garage and hospitality tent.