Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 25 Feb 2023, 15:07 (Ref:4144881)   #601
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There are a few that race with the CTCRC who have taken on the JEC Championship.
Old 25 Feb 2023, 15:31 (Ref:4144883)   #602
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
My coworkers new Maverick. I like it a lot. Great size, tons of room inside. It's more expensive than I thought, though.
Good Lord, that might be the TOP of the line Maverick, most are actually low end and are bringing back the steel wheel without hub caps. Who knew Field was a trendsetter
Old 26 Feb 2023, 07:33 (Ref:4144950)   #603
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Just read up on it. It had a trim line called grabber.

Has love child of a Mustang and Capri vibe about it.

As for poor names. Princess!
Definitely Capri, Holden Gemini, and Chevy Monza vibes. It's main competitor was the Chevy Vega, though. My brother's first car was a Pontiac Sunbird Formula with a Buick 3800 in it, so I have a soft spot for that type of 70's style.

I think I missed your joke about the Maverick name, then. Flew right over my dumb head. Can you explain?
Old 26 Feb 2023, 07:36 (Ref:4144951)   #604
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Good Lord, that might be the TOP of the line Maverick, most are actually low end and are bringing back the steel wheel without hub caps. Who knew Field was a trendsetter
It's actually a mid-range XLT. There are Lariat and Platinum trims above this. The interior of this one is a combo of cloth and leather, it's just right. I like this kid's style as he had a really well spec'd Mustang GT before this. That being said, this mid-range model is deep into the 30's.

And I agree about the steelies, they look great, IMO.
Old 26 Feb 2023, 07:42 (Ref:4144953)   #605
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
The new Focus ST was my ride yesterday.
I keep looking at the 6th gen Fiesta ST. The regular one was my all time favorite rental (slow car fast) and I think the ST would make a killer commuter car even though I have to look out the rear windows.
Old 26 Feb 2023, 10:16 (Ref:4144961)   #606
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like it so much I've got a 2020 13k miler arriving as my daily in Tuesday.
Old 26 Feb 2023, 14:08 (Ref:4144983)   #607
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Definitely Capri, Holden Gemini, and Chevy Monza vibes. It's main competitor was the Chevy Vega, though. My brother's first car was a Pontiac Sunbird Formula with a Buick 3800 in it, so I have a soft spot for that type of 70's style.

I think I missed your joke about the Maverick name, then. Flew right over my dumb head. Can you explain?
To my English ears it sounds silly. A little like someone who has invented his own nickname. Hey, call me Maverick. Even if it fits in with the whole horse theme.

Princess. I’m driving around in daddy’s little girl.

Obviously none are directly as bad as Mitsubishi’s Pajero which has problems in Spanish speaking countries. In the US it is Montero.

It’s all a minefield for car marketers. I can see why some go with RX260, or whatever.
Old 26 Feb 2023, 18:32 (Ref:4145006)   #608
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dbag supreme at lunch today, for the Euros confused about Brodozer this is close to peak

And yes, yes he's from Florida too. Blocked most of the front road of the strip

Last edited by broadrun96; 26 Feb 2023 at 18:54.
Old 26 Feb 2023, 20:28 (Ref:4145015)   #609
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice wheels. Nice parking.
Old 26 Feb 2023, 22:21 (Ref:4145027)   #610
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Dbag supreme at lunch today, for the Euros confused about Brodozer this is close to peak

Every piece of that kit has its purpose, this is a purpose built rig.
Old 27 Feb 2023, 03:45 (Ref:4145043)   #611
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yes but what's the purpose? If making guys go WTF, was that 10k to make it worse then they NAILED it. Looked up the wheels, they aren't great for load rating and dually with poor load rating is EXCELLENT idea

But they do have good taste in BBQ, they were at the Field approved BBQ joint with our wedding mac and cheese
Old 27 Feb 2023, 03:51 (Ref:4145044)   #612
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Gross.

How was Community Q? Are they serving smoked sausage again?
Old 27 Feb 2023, 15:01 (Ref:4145091)   #613
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Pyng Ho chinese lunch post farmers market, good Chinese food and they love their black vinegar dishes
Old 27 Feb 2023, 17:13 (Ref:4145133)   #614
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yes but what's the purpose? If making guys go WTF, was that 10k to make it worse then they NAILED it. Looked up the wheels, they aren't great for load rating and dually with poor load rating is EXCELLENT idea

But they do have good taste in BBQ, they were at the Field approved BBQ joint with our wedding mac and cheese
It's purpose need not be questioned, or Vin Diesel might show up at your door. Speaking of, i saw a trailer for some new Fast and Furious movie over the weekend. Just absolute garbage
Old 27 Feb 2023, 19:20 (Ref:4145153)   #615
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I've just noticed the front wheels - I've got bicycle tyres wider than that! Hope the owner doesn't need to turn corners quickly. And, having enlarged the picture, is that double wheels on the rear?
Old 27 Feb 2023, 20:57 (Ref:4145160)   #616
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yes sir, that is a dually (or duellie is you're online and moron who thinks the above movies are GREAT) running on what we would call rubber bands. It is meant as a tow vehicle with a gooseneck or 5th wheel trailer, often purchased in Florida by 8000 year old men needing to tow a 200k trailer they should not be allowed to tow ever, at speeds the FIA would find excessive although rarely at speeds tortoises would find slow and then in the left lane (right lane for you wrong side drivers). Also occasionally purchased for the real reason, construction companies to haul sub-commercial license loads. That is the basis for the new torque wars with GM/Duramax, Ford/Powerstroke and Ram/Cummins, bragging rights for power and tow limits approaching insanity, I think they're claiming over 30k lbs. I believe the new Powerstroke, designed in Austria cause Ford can't and International (their old supplier) is hot garbage, will turn out 1200 ft/lbs because freedom I guess and diesel is cheap right? They all make somewhere north of 500 hp and 1000 ft/lbs and guys still tune them further.

Looked it up and those wheels and tires are NOT rated for that loading but look cool? Also, that is likely a north of $100k truck now before those changes he made so work truck is not really applicable. They are pretty wide for the patch but the sidewalls being near zero means the load rating took a hit. Most will run 20" ALCOA truck wheels and a body lift to clear commercial load rated tires and by the numbers carry more, by rule they can't exceed the door tag but again freedom??
Old 27 Feb 2023, 22:04 (Ref:4145170)   #617
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And this was cruising through fancy pants part of town today

The paint and body work were perfect, it must have been the A team building her. And owner cared for her well
Old 27 Feb 2023, 22:11 (Ref:4145171)   #618
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

The paint and body work were perfect, it must have been the A team building her. And owner cared for her well
I loved those old japanese small hatchbacks of the 80's and early 90's.
Old 28 Feb 2023, 02:21 (Ref:4145185)   #619
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cranes and lots of girth.
Old 28 Feb 2023, 02:25 (Ref:4145186)   #620
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I loved those old japanese small hatchbacks of the 80's and early 90's.
This one is not perfect and has Kansas City rust to prove it but could be yours if the price is right...

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/i...1921486124010/

She's weight reduced for racin
Old 28 Feb 2023, 02:37 (Ref:4145188)   #621
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
This one is not perfect and has Kansas City rust to prove it but could be yours if the price is right...

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/i...1921486124010/

She's weight reduced for racin
Weight reduced would be a motorcycle. That weighed nothing to start with!

As a kid my parents had lots of different hondas. My brother had a 94 2dr hatch with no power steering, great car! My younger sister wrecked a 90 4dr Civic at 70 mph and shouldn't be alive. My dad had 1 or 2 Preludes that were great, and my parents had an 80 Civic when i was real young.

edit, I just remembered i have a 92 Accord! lol Also used to have a 93 Integra.
Old 28 Feb 2023, 13:31 (Ref:4145249)   #622
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Buddy of mine had the last of the wedge Prelude with an at the time SWEET 3 disc in dash changer, aftermarket of course. You couldn't change disc in 1st or 3rd, it would actually push it out of gear
Old 28 Feb 2023, 13:54 (Ref:4145255)   #623
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Thankfully we don't have to worry about discs anymore. That's why we switched to iPods
Old 28 Feb 2023, 20:30 (Ref:4145306)   #624
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I like old Chebby Trucks.
Old 28 Feb 2023, 20:36 (Ref:4145307)   #625
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I like old Chebby Trucks.
I agree, and looks like you could fit a couch inside the hood of that thing!