Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 25 Jun 2010, 20:36 (Ref:2717980)   #1
PBDazza
Rookie

England
Nottingham
PBDazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Overall for new starter help.

Hi guys, I'm in the process of joining BMMC and I am very keen to get started marshling however I am wanting to order some marshal proban overalls at the discounted price from AWS but I'm told I need to give my membership number, I'm awaiting my members number and just wondering if there is anyway i can get them without it.

Cheers Daz
Old 25 Jun 2010, 21:53 (Ref:2718001)   #2
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I managed to order mine while my membership was being processed - just give AWS a call & explain your situation and I'm sure they will be able to help.

Welcome to marshalling & ten tenths, by the way
Old 25 Jun 2010, 22:09 (Ref:2718012)   #3
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Red_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Firstly, welcome to Marshaling Daz, you won't regret it.

Here's a link to the Midland region contacts if that helps you at all;

http://www.marshals.co.uk/regions/mi.../committee.htm

You may find that these contacts can help you.

Catch you on the bank soon!
Old 26 Jun 2010, 07:07 (Ref:2718073)   #4
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't let a lack of probans stop you from starting, you don't need them from day one.
Old 26 Jun 2010, 08:22 (Ref:2718095)   #5
PBDazza
Rookie

England
Nottingham
Thanks for the welcome, I'm going to ring AWS today and see what they say. I'll let you know haw I get on.
I did a teaser day at Mallory Park on 13th June without Probans which was a great day but I felt like i was sticking out like a sour thumb, so I will wait till my Probans turn it will make me feel much better.

Thanks again Daz
Old 26 Jun 2010, 09:21 (Ref:2718133)   #6
Maranello Man
Rookie

England
Huddersfield
Maranello Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear Daz,
AWS are absolutely "top drawer" when it comes to customer service and I am sure you will not be disappointed with your playsuit when it arrives.
Old 26 Jun 2010, 10:08 (Ref:2718145)   #7
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBDazza View Post
I did a teaser day at Mallory Park on 13th June without Probans which was a great day but I felt like i was sticking out like a sour thumb, so I will wait till my Probans turn it will make me feel much better.
Don't worry, you'll still stick out like a sore thumb in brand new probans!!
Old 26 Jun 2010, 11:05 (Ref:2718171)   #8
Bakersboy
Racer

England
Stoke on Trent
Bakersboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget the waterproofs - it is summer after all! Welcome to the wonderful world of orange, your life will never be the same again.
Old 26 Jun 2010, 13:50 (Ref:2718216)   #9
PBDazza
Rookie

England
Nottingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnage arnie View Post
Note to self - roll around in the garden before first race.
Old 26 Jun 2010, 14:43 (Ref:2718232)   #10
RCMADD
Racer

England
derby
RCMADD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
make sure you clean any dog mess up first
Old 26 Jun 2010, 17:52 (Ref:2718283)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
...and change some engine oil for a more convincing result. Preferably bursh up against the tyre while doing it. Coffee stains add extra patina. Now let's try to remember what else I've got on mine...
Old 26 Jun 2010, 18:19 (Ref:2718290)   #12
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
go down to your local tyre place and sit on a pile of tyres to get the authentic tyre marks on the arse, generally found after sitting for 5 minutes while another post clears up

dont bother, you will just get a few "must either be a newbie or lazy bugger that hasnt done any work" when you turn up in clean ovies

anyway, welcome to the world of orange, you will make real mates, mates that will stand beside you no matter what
Old 26 Jun 2010, 20:53 (Ref:2718334)   #13
Crash Test Dummy
Rookie

England
Brands Hatch (literally!)
Crash Test Dummy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
...and change some engine oil for a more convincing result. Preferably bursh up against the tyre while doing it. Coffee stains add extra patina. Now let's try to remember what else I've got on mine...
mustnt forget gravel trap dust and cement dust ... i swear that stuff NEVER comes off!!!

Last edited by Crash Test Dummy; 26 Jun 2010 at 20:53. Reason: cant spell!
Old 26 Jun 2010, 21:16 (Ref:2718342)   #14
Ebola
Rookie

United Kingdom
S.Yorks
Ebola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnage arnie View Post
Ha ha tis true. I wore my new probans for the first time last weekend and as I was expecting I got some stick. ''clean overalls and no badges - must be a newbie''
I was threatened several times with being dragged across the tyre wall but luckily for me they were only threats. Unfortunately after the 2 days they still look shiny and new. Will have to rectify that before my next outing!
Old 26 Jun 2010, 22:12 (Ref:2718350)   #15
Bakersboy
Racer

England
Stoke on Trent
Bakersboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not done fire training yet then? New probans are an easy target for dry powder.
Old 27 Jun 2010, 09:42 (Ref:2718433)   #16
Darren Holmes
Racer

England
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Darren Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
I wore my new probans for the first time last weekend and as I was expecting I got some stick. ''clean overalls and no badges - must be a newbie''
Tis true, had to wear the shades to dull the bright orange glow!

Quote:
I was threatened several times with being dragged across the tyre wall but luckily for me they were only threats.
Will get you next time Emma!
Old 27 Jun 2010, 11:10 (Ref:2718457)   #17
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll never forget Brian Lowe turning up at McLeans (Donington) in his "fresh out of the packet" new overalls. Other members of the team were giving him some stick as a "newbie" whilst wondering where the Observer (Post Chief) was. He played along for a while but the look on their faces when he donned his ancient, badge covered bodywarmer - complete with Black X.............!
Old 27 Jun 2010, 12:22 (Ref:2718471)   #18
Ebola
Rookie

United Kingdom
S.Yorks
Ebola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh View Post
I'll never forget Brian Lowe turning up at McLeans (Donington) in his "fresh out of the packet" new overalls. Other members of the team were giving him some stick as a "newbie" whilst wondering where the Observer (Post Chief) was. He played along for a while but the look on their faces when he donned his ancient, badge covered bodywarmer - complete with Black X.............!
Thats brilliant,if only I could have done that!

Darren - No doubt you will 'try' and get me next time,especially when i tell you that I edited my post. I originally put something along the lines of my post buddies were too chicken to act on the threats
Old 27 Jun 2010, 19:53 (Ref:2718851)   #19
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just out of curiosity, has anyone actually rolled a trainee/new ovaralls colleague in the mud? I know we've all threated to, but I suspect it's never actually happened.
Old 27 Jun 2010, 20:52 (Ref:2718913)   #20
Darren Holmes
Racer

England
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Darren Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thats brilliant,if only I could have done that!

Darren - No doubt you will 'try' and get me next time,especially when i tell you that I edited my post. I originally put something along the lines of my post buddies were too chicken to act on the threats
Too Chicken,.....how very dare you.,....thats fighting talk, remember I know where you live! lol

(*for the avoidence of any doubt/gossip I don't know exactly where she lives, but I know which village she lives in and its only got 10 or so houses so a bit of stalking should sort that! )

And just to avoid a hand slapping and to keep this on topic, I got my new probans from AWS without a BMMC number, very helpful people.
Old 28 Jun 2010, 17:06 (Ref:2719383)   #21
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, has anyone actually rolled a trainee/new ovaralls colleague in the mud? I know we've all threated to, but I suspect it's never actually happened.
I rolled myself in the mud first meeting I wore my new overalls. It was only partially unintentional too...
Old 29 Jun 2010, 15:19 (Ref:2719882)   #22
Sparky-steve
Racer

United Kingdom
Sparky-steve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
i wouldn't think so, it's the normal on bank fun and banter..
OR IS IT??????
Old 29 Jun 2010, 17:14 (Ref:2719926)   #23
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Maybe it should be part of the green badge assessment? "Just before the meeting starts, that trainee looks very clean. I need to see you satisfactorily deal with the brightness of orange on display".
Old 29 Jun 2010, 19:38 (Ref:2719999)   #24
sputnik421
Racer

United Kingdom
Chichester W. Sussex
sputnik421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ha ha tis true. I wore my new probans for the first time last weekend and as I was expecting I got some stick. ''clean overalls and no badges - must be a newbie''
I was threatened several times with being dragged across the tyre wall but luckily for me they were only threats. Unfortunately after the 2 days they still look shiny and new. Will have to rectify that before my next outing!
Next time do post 4a at Brands Hatch in them, they will not look so new after a day there.
Old 29 Jun 2010, 21:42 (Ref:2720074)   #25
PBDazza
Rookie

England
Nottingham
Ok, rang AWS and ordered my Probans without a BMMC number and they was very helpful when I was try to pick the right size. They said they know the score when it comes to BMMC members numbers and know they take some time to come through.
Now all I've got to look forward to is being dragged around and rolled down some muddy hills.