Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 18 Jul 2018, 10:24 (Ref:3837270)   #1
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was 1995 great or what?

Bit biased as it's the first BTCC Season I remember watching but wasn't it a great season though?
Old 18 Jul 2018, 10:42 (Ref:3837279)   #2
5five
Rookie

5five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this your first time on an internet forum?
Old 18 Jul 2018, 10:44 (Ref:3837280)   #3
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5five View Post
No
Old 18 Jul 2018, 10:59 (Ref:3837286)   #4
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
Bit biased as it's the first BTCC Season I remember watching but wasn't it a great season though?

Not as good as 2005 though - as you posted in another long dead thread...

Quote:
2005 Matt Neal becoming the first Independent to outright Champ
As there is already a thread that discusses the best BTCC season, do we need separate threads to discuss seasons from 23 years ago?!?!
Old 18 Jul 2018, 11:37 (Ref:3837293)   #5
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mods - what is the general timescale when a former season becomes more suited to 'Motorsport History'?
Old 18 Jul 2018, 11:49 (Ref:3837295)   #6
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
You tell me
Old 18 Jul 2018, 11:54 (Ref:3837297)   #7
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5five View Post
Can anyone ban this guy and 'clean' this forum? It's been flooded with outdated threads that the guy revived just to post as much as possible. What a mess.
Old 18 Jul 2018, 11:57 (Ref:3837298)   #8
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
You tell me
I don't know - hence my reason for asking?

Naturally a thread discussing the 2018 BTCC season will start in the 'current' area, and if the discussion continues the thread will persist.

Starting a thread about a season from 23 years ago, seems better placed as a historic discussion - but obviously that would be a Moderator decision, not mine.
A look in the Motorsport History section sees late '90s topics being discussed there already.
Old 18 Jul 2018, 12:00 (Ref:3837299)   #9
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Can anyone ban this guy and 'clean' this forum? It's been flooded with outdated threads that the guy revived just to post as much as possible. What a mess.
I wouldn't have thought a ban was called for, they've already admitted elsewhere that they got a bit carried away - possibly put it down to over-enthusiastic posting that will settle down in course?

Old 18 Jul 2018, 12:44 (Ref:3837307)   #10
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Oh for goodness sake, how many times do I have to explain myself? I'M SORRY, OK! There, I said it!
Old 18 Jul 2018, 12:48 (Ref:3837309)   #11
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I feel like I'm living in 2001.....
Old 18 Jul 2018, 13:37 (Ref:3837322)   #12
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
2001 was a strange year, didnt see much of the BTCC that year, in fact I gave up thinking about it probably about 16 years ago really but now it right up there at the front of my mind for some reason
Old 18 Jul 2018, 16:06 (Ref:3837341)   #13
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
The question in 2018 is.... where are the most of these cars today?
Old 18 Jul 2018, 16:10 (Ref:3837342)   #14
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
The question in 2018 is.... where are the most of these cars today?
http://www.supertouringregister.com/register/

they are nearly all on there
Old 18 Jul 2018, 17:29 (Ref:3837349)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
1995 certainly was a great season, so much variety throughout the field and car performances varied round by round
Old 18 Jul 2018, 18:33 (Ref:3837363)   #16
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Who can forget the AMAZING CHARLIE COX! Not just for his massive Thruxton roll, that is.
Old 18 Jul 2018, 19:12 (Ref:3837385)   #17
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I leave here for a few days, come back on and everything seems to have gone crazy with threads that are nearly 20 years old!
Old 18 Jul 2018, 19:32 (Ref:3837388)   #18
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I leave here for a few days, come back on and everything seems to have gone crazy with threads that are nearly 20 years old!
I think it's all part of BTCC 60th anniversary year. Only another 58 threads like this to go.
Old 18 Jul 2018, 21:15 (Ref:3837396)   #19
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I think it's all part of BTCC 60th anniversary year. Only another 58 threads like this to go.
As well as carried away, I am feeling nostalgic for that reason, I don't mean to keep resurrecting threads but I am entitled to express my opinions on them just like everyone else is and it is the old stuff that tends to catch my eye more often than not.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 08:53 (Ref:3837452)   #20
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Anyone remember the Snetterton race that season, when the track started out damp and drivers had to choose between Wets, Intermediates and Slicks and Kelvin Burt got his first win after starting on slicks.

I got reminded of that race after the exciting Slicks vs Wets race we had at the open meeting at Brands Hatch this season
Old 19 Jul 2018, 12:32 (Ref:3837488)   #21
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Anyone remember the Snetterton race that season, when the track started out damp and drivers had to choose between Wets, Intermediates and Slicks and Kelvin Burt got his first win after starting on slicks.

I got reminded of that race after the exciting Slicks vs Wets race we had at the open meeting at Brands Hatch this season
That Snetterton meeting was also notable for Harvey and Menu colliding in both races and Rydell nearly hitting an ambulance backwards.

Tags
btcc