Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Sep 2011, 16:46 (Ref:2956918)   #1301
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Premat go Fired from Audi. He got kicked from Lemans and DTM in one fell swoop. Not to say the R15 was a good car, we know it suffered from understeer. But Premat doesnt exactly owe Audi an favors.
Do you think he's seeking revenge and wants to make Audi cry by saying his current car handles better than the one he crashed because of a power steering failure that Audi never acknowledged? It's also that "bad" car that has lapped faster than any non petrol car has in the last years btw. Isn't it amazing what you can do with a superior engine!?

The guy was pretty much the hero of the 2008 season depicted in Truth in 24 and felt he should have been given more time at the wheel of sportscars - or even a chance to supply some input on the R15. He was mainly ****ed at Audi for not promoting him to a competitive car in the DTM, and the relationship pretty much went downhill from there. Whatever the final release said about the official reason, it had been a long time coming. In any other era, he would just have been picked up by another manufacturer... but apart from Peugeot who's more into F1 drivers, there's no manufacturer involvement in sportscars racing right now!

Last edited by Félix; 17 Sep 2011 at 16:54.
Old 17 Sep 2011, 16:58 (Ref:2956923)   #1302
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
Do you think he's seeking revenge and wants to make Audi cry by saying his current car handles better than the one he crashed because of a power steering failure that Audi never acknowledged?
I dont think so.
Old 17 Sep 2011, 17:11 (Ref:2956927)   #1303
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Premat go Fired from Audi. He got kicked from Lemans and DTM in one fell swoop. Not to say the R15 was a good car, we know it suffered from understeer. But Premat doesnt exactly owe Audi an favors.
at the end of 2009 a lot of audi drivers have been fired/released! luhr, prèmat and werner some name. Prèmat if i remember well has been fired after the DTM 2010 adria race, where prèmat did a massive incident destroying his car.
May be a little off topic but now i do a tasty question: when emanuele pirro runs in some exibition race, he always wear the audi suit, so i guess he is still an audi driver.... the question is: judging mcnish's not so good performances and crash attitude, why don't give a shot to pirro ?
Old 17 Sep 2011, 17:55 (Ref:2956949)   #1304
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I can guarantee you that Allan McNish and Tom Kristensen are so Incredibly Frustrated. And it wont get any better until they win a race. Considering that Petit Lemans is 10 hours.....
Old 17 Sep 2011, 18:08 (Ref:2956955)   #1305
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
at the end of 2009 a lot of audi drivers have been fired/released! luhr, prèmat and werner some name. Prèmat if i remember well has been fired after the DTM 2010 adria race, where prèmat did a massive incident destroying his car.
May be a little off topic but now i do a tasty question: when emanuele pirro runs in some exibition race, he always wear the audi suit, so i guess he is still an audi driver.... the question is: judging mcnish's not so good performances and crash attitude, why don't give a shot to pirro ?
A lot of former Audi drivers still use their Audi suits, without having any connections to them any longer.
Quote:
I can guarantee you that Allan McNish and Tom Kristensen are so Incredibly Frustrated. And it wont get any better until they win a race. Considering that Petit Lemans is 10 hours.....
That's just rubbish!, if any, it's Tom And Allan who can handle that pressure!
Allan is one of the fastest guys out there, and waiting 10 years for the 2nd Le Mans win with a lot of missed attempts, demands self control.
Tom, having dominated Le Mans for SO many years and then having such a dry streak as lately demands also a huge amount of self control.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 22:54 (Ref:2963258)   #1306
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
According to Autosport manufactuers were asked their views on only allowing coupes in P1 from 2014, this is driven from a safety perspective.

It's not know what will happen with P2, though it's already been stated these cars will be eligable for the next five years.
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110922/ALMS/110929955
Old 30 Sep 2011, 23:02 (Ref:2963260)   #1307
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
ACO sporting manager Vincent Beaumesnil, who said he hopes the 2014 rules will be published this December

That's pretty early considering how late the release sometimes has been... then again the changes might be the biggest since ?.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 23:10 (Ref:2963265)   #1308
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
In todays Autosport it states there are plans in place to reduce diesel power levels by 40bhp, the ACO had secret timing loops at Spa to monitor performance, and are working with Singer and the FIA. Ulrich says he's aware of the plan and is worried diesels won't be competitive, OAK say it's a step in the right direction.
Now old news already but I guess this wasn't yet posted here and I saw it in the "related" section: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110922/ALMS/110929954
Old 1 Oct 2011, 02:11 (Ref:2963314)   #1309
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems to be what we've been asking for but it's being pushed by a Porsche employee and guess who's returning to LMP1 racing in 2014....Bloody politics in racing....
Old 1 Oct 2011, 04:09 (Ref:2963325)   #1310
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Seems to be what we've been asking for but it's being pushed by a Porsche employee and guess who's returning to LMP1 racing in 2014....Bloody politics in racing....
Norbert Singer is no longer working for Porsche.
Old 1 Oct 2011, 04:23 (Ref:2963328)   #1311
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Ex-employee then. But you still can't help but think it's a slight conflict of interest (would he try and give Porsche an advantage? hells yes! Could Porsche be putting his children through school? )
Old 1 Oct 2011, 04:25 (Ref:2963329)   #1312
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Ex-employee then. But you still can't help but think it's a slight conflict of interest (would he try and give Porsche an advantage? hells yes! Could Porsche be putting his children through school? )
Actually, I don't think he's worked for Porsche officially since the early 2000s. His exploits with Felbermayr and the other works-assisted GT teams recently has been in a pure consultant role, the RLM guys were always making a slightly tongue-in-cheek point that he is actually... basically a pensioner nowadays.

EDIT: Or that's at least what they'd like us to think.

Last edited by Victor_RO; 1 Oct 2011 at 04:46.
Old 1 Oct 2011, 04:39 (Ref:2963332)   #1313
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

If they are going to school in Germany, probably not, since (even higher) education here is almost free...
Old 1 Oct 2011, 13:16 (Ref:2963403)   #1314
godlameroso
Racer

godlameroso should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgodlameroso should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone think at some point in time, some LMP team is going to introduce a vortex diffuser as they have now in F1?

My theory about this is as follows:
the teams aren't blowing into and through the diffuser, but rather at it's outside edges, where the pressure differential is greatest, and by introducing a large variation in temperature in this specific place, increases the probability of vortex formation. Provided the body work is shaped to encourage vortex formation as well(I don't know how free the regulations are to have this kind of bodywork in the rear of an LMP car). The vortex seals the gaps from the floor of the car to the ground, as well as keeping flow across the diffuser laminar.

I ask because I see different cars with different exhaust setups, some exit with a periscope design, others in between the top bodywork and the diffuser, some exit on the side, but I haven't seen anyone take advantage of this F1 concept. I realize, as well, that blowing the diffuser isn't new, although this concept of using the exhausts to magnify the vortex generated by the rear bodywork is.
Old 1 Oct 2011, 22:05 (Ref:2963894)   #1315
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
We had a talk about this before, but it didn't go very well. I do wonder what the companies coming in like Porsche, Toyota etc. will do with aero and concepts like this. Toyota has experience with this in F1 and the car that was unraced, the TF110, but they also do aero work with other F1 teams in their windtunnel, so I can bet they at least have some real technical know-how with issues like this. I wonder what Porsche has up their sleeve?
Old 2 Oct 2011, 01:03 (Ref:2964151)   #1316
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
ACO sporting manager Vincent Beaumesnil, who said he hopes the 2014 rules will be published this December

That's pretty early considering how late the release sometimes has been... then again the changes might be the biggest since ?.
I spoke with Oak Racing's Christophe Chapelain on Friday and he indicated the ACO had told them they would issue the 2014 regulations before the end of this year. Furthermore, he said 2014 would be all closed top, and, by the sounds of it, a Group-C esque fuel efficiency formula (as we heard a few months back).
Old 2 Oct 2011, 16:49 (Ref:2964379)   #1317
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
Furthermore, he said 2014 would be all closed top...
Hopefully, ACO will force the constructors to fix the visibility issue that some of them have at the moment
Old 3 Oct 2011, 08:38 (Ref:2964693)   #1318
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I spoke with Oak Racing's Christophe Chapelain on Friday and he indicated the ACO had told them they would issue the 2014 regulations before the end of this year. Furthermore, he said 2014 would be all closed top, and, by the sounds of it, a Group-C esque fuel efficiency formula (as we heard a few months back).
The group C formula was a limited amount of fuel for a certain distance and no limit on the amount of cylinders and turbo's and such right?
I would love that.
Old 3 Oct 2011, 09:53 (Ref:2964766)   #1319
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
The group C formula was a limited amount of fuel for a certain distance and no limit on the amount of cylinders and turbo's and such right?
I would love that.
If you have missed these:

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsjuly10.html
=> 7.19.10

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsjuly11.html
=> 7.19.11

Old 9 Oct 2011, 02:14 (Ref:2967812)   #1320
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure if this is a new rumor, but Mulsanne's Corner has a new statement today discussing the possibility of a KERS requirement in 2014. That's not shocking I suppose.

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newssept11.html
Old 9 Oct 2011, 03:03 (Ref:2967824)   #1321
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
I'm not sure if this is a new rumor, but Mulsanne's Corner has a new statement today discussing the possibility of a KERS requirement in 2014. That's not shocking I suppose.

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newssept11.html
What I said was that with the apparent direction of the regulations, KERs will become mandatory by default. It won't be explicitly mandatory.
Old 9 Oct 2011, 03:16 (Ref:2967828)   #1322
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What I said was that with the apparent direction of the regulations, KERs will become mandatory by default. It won't be explicitly mandatory.
Oh, ok. So the teams will have to run KERS if they want to have any shot of competing. That makes sense too.
Old 9 Oct 2011, 03:23 (Ref:2967831)   #1323
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
So Porsche, Audi and Peugeot will pretty much have a head start over the privateers, nothings changed then....
Old 9 Oct 2011, 03:30 (Ref:2967842)   #1324
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
So Porsche, Audi and Peugeot will pretty much have a head start over the privateers, nothings changed then....
Mike was saying on his site that there should be some customer KERS options available to privateers, but perhaps Audi, Porsche, Peugeot, Toyota, and so forth would do KERS better than the privateer options. We'll see I guess. The bigger issue is that probably all of the heavy hitters will have hybrids by 2014. How will the privateers contend on that front? Zytek may have some options, but what about everyone else?

If Toyota comes on board in 2012 as rumored, it could really kill the petrol runners hope for charity regulations. If they do get charity regulations and then Toyota comes in (perhaps later in the year or at Le Mans only), Toyota may be unstoppable if reliable. We'll see what happens there.
Old 9 Oct 2011, 03:44 (Ref:2967850)   #1325
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Oh, ok. So the teams will have to run KERS if they want to have any shot of competing. That makes sense too.
Yes, basically. Really depends on how the rules are written. But ACO2014 will put emphasis on fuel efficiency.