Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 14 Oct 2018, 10:59 (Ref:3856788)   #2026
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
A very happy birthday to Uncle Eric Falce .
Old 14 Oct 2018, 11:16 (Ref:3856790)   #2027
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Indeed - have a good one, Eric!
Old 14 Oct 2018, 13:22 (Ref:3856797)   #2028
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Not another one ! Happy Birthday.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Oct 2018, 05:10 (Ref:3856885)   #2029
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Happy birthday Uncle Eric
Old 15 Oct 2018, 10:50 (Ref:3856908)   #2030
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's a bit of a cluster of Birthdays it seems.

Happy birthday Mr. Bell!

I trust that you are doing something suitably entertaining for the day. Probably something better than once again crossing the channel?
Old 15 Oct 2018, 10:57 (Ref:3856909)   #2031
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes Happy birthday Mike.
Old 15 Oct 2018, 11:21 (Ref:3856912)   #2032
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
I trust that you are doing something suitably entertaining for the day. Probably something better than once again crossing the channel?
Does checking truck tyre pressures in the rain this morning (not a quick job) come under the headline of ‘entertaining’....? (Ready for next week’s crossing of the channel....)

If it had been a few days earlier a long cycle ride in the sun would have been on the cards! Not today......
Old 15 Oct 2018, 11:25 (Ref:3856913)   #2033
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Does checking truck tyre pressures in the rain this morning (not a quick job) come under the headline of ‘entertaining’....? (Ready for next week’s crossing of the channel....)

If it had been a few days earlier a long cycle ride in the sun would have been on the cards! Not today......
Happy Birthday, Mike - should have popped over here! The weather is beautiful & has been for about a week. Today is 18.5 degrees, blue skies & sunshine, lunch in the garden....
Old 15 Oct 2018, 12:04 (Ref:3856922)   #2034
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Hmm.

Possibly not.

Sitting somewhere dry and watching someone else do it might have been mildly entertaining I suppose. Could you have deferred the task until tomorrow?
Old 15 Oct 2018, 12:37 (Ref:3856929)   #2035
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Hmm.

Possibly not.

Sitting somewhere dry and watching someone else do it might have been mildly entertaining I suppose. Could you have deferred the task until tomorrow?
How sad - to be under pressure on your birthday!
Old 15 Oct 2018, 12:43 (Ref:3856933)   #2036
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
How sad - to be under pressure on your birthday!

I'm sure that he feels all pumped up and ready to go!
Old 15 Oct 2018, 12:46 (Ref:3856934)   #2037
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Grant-

Well, if it does turn out to be better weather tomorrow, then a cycle ride will be more pleasurable than checking tyre pressures.

Plus, if a flat tyre had been discovered this morning, then I would have had a day to get it sorted before leaving for Portugal. If I left checking them until tomorrow, it would be a bit of a panic in comparison....

Hope that makes sense!
Old 15 Oct 2018, 13:22 (Ref:3856939)   #2038
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Grant-

Well, if it does turn out to be better weather tomorrow, then a cycle ride will be more pleasurable than checking tyre pressures.

Plus, if a flat tyre had been discovered this morning, then I would have had a day to get it sorted before leaving for Portugal. If I left checking them until tomorrow, it would be a bit of a panic in comparison....

Hope that makes sense!
It does make sense Mike, which is why your comments are totally out of place on this forum.
Happy Birthday!
Old 15 Oct 2018, 13:23 (Ref:3856940)   #2039
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To paraphrase an old joke...

...glad you're having a rubbery birthday Mike. Don't end up too tyred, and be careful how you tread.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 15 Oct 2018, 13:39 (Ref:3856941)   #2040
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
To paraphrase an old joke...

...glad you're having a rubbery birthday Mike. Don't end up too tyred, and be careful how you tread.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Let's hope he has had a Good Year!
Old 15 Oct 2018, 13:49 (Ref:3856944)   #2041
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy Birthday Mike
Old 15 Oct 2018, 13:57 (Ref:3856947)   #2042
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Happy birthday Mike
Old 15 Oct 2018, 15:15 (Ref:3856960)   #2043
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Grant-

Hope that makes sense!

Far too much sense for the modern age I suspect.
Old 15 Oct 2018, 17:01 (Ref:3856972)   #2044
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Far too much sense for the modern age I suspect.
If you’re suggesting that I belong to a previous age, Grant, you’re probably right....

Anyway, it’s been a complete non-birthday thanks to the miserable weather, but I’ve just opened a bottle of my favourite Belgian beer, so the day’s not been a complete failure!

Thank you all for the good wishes.
Old 15 Oct 2018, 18:02 (Ref:3856986)   #2045
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
If you’re suggesting that I belong to a previous age, Grant, you’re probably right....

Anyway, it’s been a complete non-birthday thanks to the miserable weather, but I’ve just opened a bottle of my favourite Belgian beer, so the day’s not been a complete failure!

Thank you all for the good wishes.
Mike, on the subject of Belgian beer, did you see the story on Look East this evening about Jack's Silly Scotch Beer?

Think I shall have to go & find some!

Last edited by John Elwin; 15 Oct 2018 at 18:03. Reason: Typo
Old 15 Oct 2018, 18:20 (Ref:3856989)   #2046
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Mike, on the subject of Belgian beer, did you see the story on Look East this evening about Jack's Silly Scotch Beer?

Think I shall have to go & find some!
Yes, interesting story. If you find some, let me know what it tastes like, and what percentage it is!

Story here... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-45838445
Old 15 Oct 2018, 18:26 (Ref:3856991)   #2047
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Happy Birthday young man !
Feliz cumpleaños
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Oct 2018, 19:51 (Ref:3857006)   #2048
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Yes, interesting story. If you find some, let me know what it tastes like, and what percentage it is!

Story here... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-45838445
It's 8%. silly-beer.com/en/our-beers/
Old 15 Oct 2018, 20:31 (Ref:3857014)   #2049
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I left Dijon at 12.30 and had a brilliant journey back to Calais. Managed to get an earlier train and arrived in UK at 20.30. From there it all went wrong. M20 shut due to coach fire. We scooted around to Canterbury and joined up on A2 then M2 and that came to stand still. Finally got home at 01.30 hours. Cest La Vie.
On the way home along A329M a car on opposite side of carriageway did a complete 360 as it aquaplaned on all the standing water. Bet he or she had a scare.
Old 15 Oct 2018, 20:37 (Ref:3857016)   #2050
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
It's 8%. silly-beer.com/en/our-beers/
8% is pretty good.

There again ...

https://www.brewdog.com/browse/c-Bre...y=abv-high-low

Hopefully the sort in the link will work and you should see the list with the highest ABV first.

I had a bottle of their Mr. President recently. 9.2%

Rather good. Especially for older folk who may enjoy the result without the need to get up and go wondering in the night. The bottle size is sensibly small.

Closed Thread