Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Dec 2018, 15:35 (Ref:3872823)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
OULTON PARK GOLD CUP (HSCC)

The 3 day HSCC bank holiday weekend visit to Oulton Park.

Includes Super Touring Car Challenge races.
Old 22 Jul 2019, 12:08 (Ref:3918833)   #2
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Provisional Timetable

https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...rk-2019-V4.pdf

Anyone going?
Old 22 Jul 2019, 13:09 (Ref:3918838)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I expect those tenthers that normally race with HSCC will be there, but there’s a lot of racing elsewhere before then, including HSCC Croft Nostalgia and Nurburgring OldTimer!
Old 23 Jul 2019, 18:17 (Ref:3919062)   #4
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Normally one of my favourite meetings at my local circuit, but I've carelessly booked to go to the Dutch Alfa Romeo Club's Spettacolo Sportiva at Zandvoort for a long weekend.......
Old 14 Aug 2019, 18:24 (Ref:3922752)   #5
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Provisional entry list https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...up-Meeting.pdf
Old 14 Aug 2019, 20:40 (Ref:3922775)   #6
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty average.

So much for 30 cars in the Dunlop Saloon Cup that was mentioned at the start of the year.

Most grids hardly break 20 cars.

Some nice cars though.
Old 15 Aug 2019, 00:02 (Ref:3922795)   #7
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else notice the Williams FW06 on the entry!

Anyone else know why Clelands vanished from the Touring car grid?
Old 15 Aug 2019, 05:27 (Ref:3922804)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
If all goes well on rolling road tomorrow then I will out late entry in for CF3 racecin the 793. Will use this as a shake down for Zandvoort
Old 15 Aug 2019, 05:36 (Ref:3922805)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
So much for 30 cars in the Dunlop Saloon Cup that was mentioned at the start of the year. Most grids hardly break 20 cars.
As I said at the time, 30 cars registering for or expressing interest in a series does not mean you will get 30 cars on the grid......

Interesting to see more FF2000s than FF1600s!

No idea why John Cleland is not racing......
Old 15 Aug 2019, 06:02 (Ref:3922806)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
MRL isn't there this year, I suspect because their series clashes with the HSCC Touring Cars.
Old 15 Aug 2019, 06:47 (Ref:3922810)   #11
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
Anyone else notice the Williams FW06 on the entry!

Anyone else know why Clelands vanished from the Touring car grid?
Yep.Worth the price on the gate alone.

New car to him maybe.
Old 15 Aug 2019, 06:50 (Ref:3922811)   #12
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
As I said at the time, 30 cars registering for or expressing interest in a series does not mean you will get 30 cars on the grid......

Interesting to see more FF2000s than FF1600s!

No idea why John Cleland is not racing......
Yep seen so many series over the years claim to be doing well and record interest and then just fall of.

Will be interesting to see if it continues next year.
Old 15 Aug 2019, 06:51 (Ref:3922812)   #13
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
MRL isn't there this year, I suspect because their series clashes with the HSCC Touring Cars.
They moved that race to the AMOC meeting earlier in the year but that was race was cancelled for some reason.
Old 15 Aug 2019, 07:30 (Ref:3922815)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
They moved that race to the AMOC meeting earlier in the year but that was race was cancelled for some reason.
Lack of interest. The GpA, 2 and 1.5 cars are not club racers and the AMOC event was seen as a clubbie. Bear in mind that many of the cars are co-driven by celebs and some, not all, are only interested in the bigger events.
Old 23 Aug 2019, 20:17 (Ref:3923917)   #15
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
All set up in garage 8 if anyone popping along . Nice atmosphere here .
Old 24 Aug 2019, 09:27 (Ref:3923977)   #16
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems the cars know I haven't got a camera with me as we've had a wheel off a FF and a front end off a clubmans right in front of me in the first two practice runs plus multiple smokey lock ups. Drivers all fine.
Lovely sunny day with a nice breeze.
Will wander the paddock later
Old 26 Aug 2019, 10:31 (Ref:3924211)   #17
mike faloon
Rookie

mike faloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two excellent Historic F3 races yesterday, Andrew Hibberd was dominant, but behind him were some titanic battles; to make the day complete granddaughter Emily had her picture taken by Delta standing alongside his March
Old 26 Aug 2019, 20:40 (Ref:3924268)   #18
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We went to watch Sun and Monday, today.
So many cars not there anymore, the paddock was dull compared to previous years, grids stretched out along a big circuit...
FF races good, Touring cars good, saw the accident of the Elan and the F5000 both nasty, esp the Elan.
Hope all are ok.
Will be there next year of course, but t needs a lot more in the entry listing!
Old 27 Aug 2019, 05:18 (Ref:3924291)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike faloon View Post
Two excellent Historic F3 races yesterday, Andrew Hibberd was dominant, but behind him were some titanic battles; to make the day complete granddaughter Emily had her picture taken by Delta standing alongside his March
I will post picture later Mike . We had a nice weekend . I used the race as a test with new engine to get ready for Zandvoort . The circuit is still one of my favorates and the whole place is kept on top condition . O K probably not the meeting it was 10 / 15 years ago but there seemed to be plenty of spectators and enthusiast .
Old 27 Aug 2019, 07:53 (Ref:3924298)   #20
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oulton Park Gold Cup is getting killed by the Zandvoort Historic Grand Prix.

I have started to do Zandvoort enticed by the new FIA Euro Historic F3 Cup. As that is week after Oulton many - including me - dont want to do 2 events on the trott. Possibly even 3 as Goodwood is usually held a week after Zandvoort.

Many races at Zandvoort are completely oversubscribed, Lurani and HF2 for instance.

The Oulton planing permission, church break, also makes the timetable very difficult to live with. Due to the noise and planning restrictions, for a while it was a 2 day event followed by a one day event on Monday. That did not work but different format work even less.

Shame, as it used to by a great event.

The irony of course is that the HSCC stages the HF2 race at Zandvoort drawing member away from its own event. Works well for HF2 buuuut.....

RuE
Old 27 Aug 2019, 08:41 (Ref:3924304)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oulton Park 2019..jpg
Views:	48
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	53828
March 793 at Oulton Park with Mike Granddaughter the lovely Emily.Interesting most spectators were interested more in the hoist than my F3 car.
Old 27 Aug 2019, 10:18 (Ref:3924318)   #22
Brynmor
Rookie

Brynmor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911thillclimber View Post
We went to watch Sun and Monday, today.
So many cars not there anymore, the paddock was dull compared to previous years, grids stretched out along a big circuit...
FF races good, Touring cars good, saw the accident of the Elan and the F5000 both nasty, esp the Elan.
Hope all are ok.
Will be there next year of course, but t needs a lot more in the entry listing!
Went along on Sunday and couldn’t believe how sparse the paddock and indeed club areas were. It’s a real pity as the event going back 10-15 years had every chance of becoming a big historic festival with genuine history behind it.
I suppose the grids will always be limited when one club runs the meeting rather than a ‘promoter ‘ as such...a one make Mini race would have been superb.

Having been to the Gold a Cup in its various guises since the early 80’s I think unless I’m back competing I may give 2020 a miss, which is rather sad.
Old 27 Aug 2019, 11:38 (Ref:3924329)   #23
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Attachment 53828
March 793 at Oulton Park with Mike Granddaughter the lovely Emily.Interesting most spectators were interested more in the hoist than my F3 car.

That is indeed an interesting hoist.

Not something I recall seeing anywhere before.
Old 27 Aug 2019, 12:22 (Ref:3924335)   #24
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
That is indeed an interesting hoist.

Not something I recall seeing anywhere before.
They’re commonly used to lift single seaters onto stands in workshops. My neighbours use them on their HF1s. If verticals are wide enough apart can be used on Sports racers also.....
Old 27 Aug 2019, 14:29 (Ref:3924360)   #25
bigvalveelan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Gaunts Common, Wimborne
bigvalveelan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was my Elan - hit the barrier pretty hard coming out of Druids - car pretty much destroyed itself but all the safety parts cage,Hans,seat (especially the seat) kept me fine and amazingly I don’t feel any the worse for wear.

Strange thing is that I reviewed the video and didn’t do anything particularly unusual - wheel on the kerb as we exited the corner (I was right behind a 23B) and then got spat off into the inside barrier. Only thing that makes sense to me is that there was oil in the kerb (there’s been a lot of oil on the track), I was in third rather than normal top gear and the diff did the rest.

I’ve had lots of support, have sourced many of the spare parts and ready for the rather full rebuild

Paul Tooms