Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 May 2016, 22:17 (Ref:3643515)   #1
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Phillip Island The Only Future Victorian VASC Venue?? (merged x3)

PI could be victorias only championship venue

Appears that Sandown and Winton are not locked in going forward
Old 24 May 2016, 00:55 (Ref:3643980)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Winton Pushing For Long Term Deal With VASC

If it's such an economic cataclysm, why do the circuits keep asking to extend their deals.....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 May 2016, 00:57 (Ref:3643981)   #3
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's a fair chance they're under a bit of pressure from the local chamber of commerce to ensure the event takes place.
Old 24 May 2016, 00:58 (Ref:3643982)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
There's a fair chance they're under a bit of pressure from the local chamber of commerce to ensure the event takes place.
But that would suggest that VASC brings economic benefit to the region, which seems difficult to accept for some...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 May 2016, 05:25 (Ref:3644004)   #5
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
But that would suggest that VASC brings economic benefit to the region, which seems difficult to accept for some...

I don't see why it's such an issue for Supercars to pay for the privilege of using the Winton facilities?

Maybe if they did they would get the upgrades they stamp their feet about requiring.

And why should everyone else pay for the rich boys to get richer? Not a great way to build the grassroots of the sport is it?
Old 24 May 2016, 05:45 (Ref:3644011)   #6
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by velly4 View Post
I don't see why it's such an issue for Supercars to pay for the privilege of using the Winton facilities?

Maybe if they did they would get the upgrades they stamp their feet about requiring.

And why should everyone else pay for the rich boys to get richer? Not a great way to build the grassroots of the sport is it?
Really so when a band plays a venue do they pay the venue or does the venue pay them? why do you demand a difference here

80,000 people (over 3 days) (when i write it down i notice its more than double a certain GT3 event) turned up to watch the v8s, But you are suggesting that Winton should keep all that money
Old 24 May 2016, 06:58 (Ref:3644020)   #7
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Really so when a band plays a venue do they pay the venue or does the venue pay them? why do you demand a difference here

80,000 people (over 3 days) (when i write it down i notice its more than double a certain GT3 event) turned up to watch the v8s, But you are suggesting that Winton should keep all that money

Do bands make the venue build its stage for them and pay for it?

No they do not, they provide the venue and the venue must be returned to the state it was in prior to the event.

What is your issue with the big boys of the sport, who are this supposed super professional business that needs to be subsidised by those who struggle to be involved in the sport they love?
Without these people the sport will die!

What does GT3 have to do with this? Must you turn everything into a **** fight?
Old 24 May 2016, 07:07 (Ref:3644023)   #8
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
No. However if the facilities aren't there, they just don't play there.

Cities everywhere build or upgrade facilities to attract teams/events/performers. We have seen it in the US, Europe and especially in the middle east. Closer to home Perth built a new arena to attract events and performers and are in the process of building a new stadium for football.

This is the same on a smaller scale.
Old 24 May 2016, 07:12 (Ref:3644026)   #9
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:

No they do not, they provide the venue and the venue must be returned to the state it was in prior to the event.

What is your issue with the big boys of the sport, who are this supposed super professional business that needs to be subsidised by those who struggle to be involved in the sport they love?
Without these people the sport will die!

What does GT3 have to do with this? Must you turn everything into a **** fight?
Im somewhat confused by your comments regarding bands, thinking there is a grammar error.

But let me confirm that when ACDC comes to town, they get paid for being at the event, they dont own or build a venue. They are richer than v8 supercars but get paid for being there.

Why is there have double standards on this?

When v8 supercars promote their own event they pay the track a fee and keep the gate.

In the case of Winton, Winton pay a fee to v8 supercars and keep the gate. V8 supercars are not forcing Winton to have them

Both of these are common in event management throughout the world.

Just found it amusing when reading the crowd number it was double the 12 hour, which funnily enough gets government funding to run. Its interesting that when v8 supercars shake the can, the pro GT3 fans come out against this. Interesting double standard
Old 24 May 2016, 05:51 (Ref:3644012)   #10
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
BAC is making the choice to promote the event, or V8SA would actually promote it, and therefore pay BAC for the track hire, and keep all the gate...

You can't have it both ways.
Old 24 May 2016, 06:02 (Ref:3644014)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
BAC is making the choice to promote the event, or V8SA would actually promote it, and therefore pay BAC for the track hire, and keep all the gate...

You can't have it both ways.
Normally i would agree with you on this, however GTRs attached article suggest that V8SC do not want to promote an event at Winton.

Still why do winton want v8s if its a loss maker, must be some benefit that is not being disclosed, maybe its the related track hire for test and media days or the local council doing certain things in exgange for them having the event
Old 24 May 2016, 06:21 (Ref:3644017)   #12
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO Phillip Island should have a enduro event (500km) and a sprint round and 2 different times of the year.

This years event was pretty quite on the island - I have a place there and you hardly noticed the V8's were in town - pretty similar to world superbikes.

The biggest event other than MotoGP is historics.

Over the last few weeks on weekdays there has been alot of GT testing and even a HSV V8 Supercar last Wednesday. First time I've had a chance to hear the M6 sounds great.

Plan on going down Sunday for this weekends GT event.