Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 10 Feb 2005, 20:05 (Ref:1222341)   #1
JonJ
Rookie

England
Uttoxeter, Staffs
JonJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marshals Registration Form

In order to upgrade to course, I have been told I need to fill in an MSA Marshals Reg Form,

http://www.msauk.org/pdfs/New_2004_f...tration127.pdf

But I am a little confused (easily done) about what I need to fill in. Do I leave section 2 for my clubs upgade secretary to complete?

If anyone has already completed one of these and can tell me which boxes I need to tick, that would be most helpful.

Cheers

Jon
(off to find something thats only got pictures in)
Old 10 Feb 2005, 21:26 (Ref:1222405)   #2
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These forms were originally designed for club chiefs to put through upgrades to the MSA. In their wisdom they have added the bit for marshals to complete to agree to their details to be available on the database. This signature, in my opinion, should only be needed once and not for every upgrade, so it is confusing. You should only fill in the bit with your signature on and leave the club to reccommend the upgrade.

I have given my opinion to the MSA, so I am sure they will make it easier to understand in the future. (said with optimism)
Old 11 Feb 2005, 21:00 (Ref:1223274)   #3
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Harding
These forms were originally designed for club chiefs to put through upgrades to the MSA. In their wisdom they have added the bit for marshals to complete to agree to their details to be available on the database. This signature, in my opinion, should only be needed once and not for every upgrade, so it is confusing. You should only fill in the bit with your signature on and leave the club to reccommend the upgrade.
OK - lets try a bit of clarification here!

The form DOES only have to be filled in once by a Marshal.
It DOESN'T have to be filled in everytime an upgrade is put forward.
The MSA doesn't (at the moment) recognise Trainee's, so the most logical time for the form to be completed is the first time the MSA become aware of them, which is normally when they upgrade from Trainee to Course.

There is nothing on it that we don't sign for everytime we sign-on when we marshal.

It is mainly to cover the MSA under the Data Protection Act. By a marshal completing it, it permits the MSA to pass the marshals details to Authorised Associated Clubs. For instance, if a club is short of marshals for an event, then they can be given - on request - a list of marshals in that area.

There is a box to tick if you do not want anyone else other than the MSA & Associated Clubs to contact you.

The Marshal fills in Section 1, and signs at Section 3. It is then passed to their Primary Club, who completes Section 2.

It then goes, with any upgrade paperwork, via their Grading Officer to the MSA.

I hope that is clear. If anyone has any questions, email me, or talk to me at either the BMMC/BRDC Training Day at Silverstone tomorrow (12th Feb) or at the Oval Training Day at Rockingham the following Sunday (20th Feb)

Simon Bill : BMMC - NGO
Old 11 Feb 2005, 23:46 (Ref:1223369)   #4
JonJ
Rookie

England
Uttoxeter, Staffs
JonJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks guys, thats whai I had asumed, but in the past some asumptions have caused me no end of grief, so I though it best to ask!

Now all I have to do is find that spare printer cartridge, then I can fill it in! Hmmm....

Jon
Old 12 Feb 2005, 14:29 (Ref:1223726)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Simon, many thanks for clearing up what has been a thorny topic.