Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 20 Sep 2010, 19:07 (Ref:2762093)   #1
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marshals photos

met a fotographer (Bob ?) at Goodwood Revival who said he hads a website with marshals in it as well as drivers and cars. here is the link,

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/rbmapi...shalsOfficials

lets see if we can ID and name them. I've done a few to start it off.

Thanks Bob
Old 20 Sep 2010, 20:41 (Ref:2762142)   #2
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good 'ole collection there - hopefully Bob will be able to take your commented names and add them to the captions in due course.
Old 20 Sep 2010, 20:43 (Ref:2762145)   #3
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the pointer Clive - there are some really good character shots in there, including a few of Penny (275-7). I've managed to avoid the lens so far think.
Old 20 Sep 2010, 21:01 (Ref:2762154)   #4
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes i've managed to avoid it too...but have spotted Daaad!

Edit: ok I didn't avoid it...i'm in 385! Thanks Wensleydale for pointing that out!

Last edited by chezza; 20 Sep 2010 at 21:19.
Old 20 Sep 2010, 21:33 (Ref:2762167)   #5
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What fantastic photographs, such a range of people! I really do seem to have escaped!
Old 20 Sep 2010, 21:35 (Ref:2762168)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like I've escaped. I notice there's a couple of unpopular scavengers in there. One's called Bernie and the other's a crow...
Old 20 Sep 2010, 21:38 (Ref:2762169)   #7
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hahaha and that me in 9 and 10 oh no i really should be been given for warning i would have shaved
Old 20 Sep 2010, 21:40 (Ref:2762171)   #8
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not sure - but number 85 looks familiar.... ;-)
Old 21 Sep 2010, 08:18 (Ref:2762329)   #9
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great set of photo's a few faces I know and one that I am prepared to name in foto356 wearing the red cap is James Watson it looks like this years Classic so his last year in paddock before he ventures on the bank
Old 21 Sep 2010, 08:24 (Ref:2762330)   #10
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm in 30 & 31, looking like a total newbie in dazzling orange probans!! That was at the HSCC finals meeting at Silverstone Oct 2008.
I saw the photographer taking pics at Goodwood this weekend so look forward to seeing those.
Old 22 Sep 2010, 07:23 (Ref:2762857)   #11
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Humphrey View Post
I saw the photographer taking pics at Goodwood this weekend so look forward to seeing those.
Just one????? I had hundreds of the little B................s! And MOST with little point and shoots.
Old 22 Sep 2010, 09:52 (Ref:2762929)   #12
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hi One and All,
I am the famous, notorious, Bob the Photographer, but not REALLY a photographer, just a Radio Reporter with a camera, so apologies for any poor images.
The web site is an outlet for my efforts and is aimed very much at that churlish bunch known collectively as 'Marshalsl'!!

It is my way of saying thank you to a great bunch of people (I nearly said chaps) who make racing possible and enjoyable for the likes of me.

It gives my (already inflated) ego a boost when I am recognised by the men in orange so don't be afraid to say hello, should you see an aged journo staggering around beside the track.

I have occasionaly had requests to remove certain images from the site for various reasons so if you would rather not let the wife know what you do on the weekends, just tell me and I will remove any incriminating evidence.

Next stop will be the Britcar 24 hours, so if you are camera shy, watch out!

Kind regards to all,

BB

PS: All images can be downloaded either individually or in batches free of charge.

Last edited by bauble; 22 Sep 2010 at 09:55. Reason: Additional information
Old 22 Sep 2010, 11:41 (Ref:2762971)   #13
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Hi One and All,
I am the famous, notorious, Bob the Photographer, but not REALLY a photographer, just a Radio Reporter with a camera, so apologies for any poor images.
The web site is an outlet for my efforts and is aimed very much at that churlish bunch known collectively as 'Marshalsl'!!

It is my way of saying thank you to a great bunch of people (I nearly said chaps) who make racing possible and enjoyable for the likes of me.

Kind regards to all,

BB

PS: All images can be downloaded either individually or in batches free of charge.

Bob, welcome and and BIG THANK YOU for your kind comments and for the fotos. It is great and very much appreciated.

What we would like to do is put names to the fotos, but although we can put comments we cant add a caption, maybe you could???? pretty please?

btw, what's churlish?
Old 22 Sep 2010, 12:09 (Ref:2762981)   #14
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Red_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive View Post
Bob, welcome and and BIG THANK YOU for your kind comments and for the fotos. It is great and very much appreciated.

What we would like to do is put names to the fotos, but although we can put comments we cant add a caption, maybe you could???? pretty please?

btw, what's churlish?
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/churlish
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/churlish

Just about spot on then eh.

Seriously though, thanks for the photos. Looking forward to the Britcar ones in a few weeks too. Especially the night ones.
Old 22 Sep 2010, 14:25 (Ref:2763054)   #15
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just one????? I had hundreds of the little B................s! And MOST with little point and shoots.

According to the guys at Fordwater I was the only media type to wander as far as their post, and I had to vandalise one of Lord March's fences to affect an entry into the designated enclosure for photographers into the bargain.
The organisation had fenced of a hundred yard length of the track and forgot to put a gate in! The man-in-charge advised me to climb over, but with more than three score years and ten on board I favoured a more subtle approach.
Luckily I had my trusty penknife with me.

As to putting captions up - well it might take some time as there are a lot of you blokes etc. (girls), but I will do my best, or I could send you my password and you could do it yourself. Teach you to make suggestions.

I have posted the Goodwood pics in the Marshalls album and will add racing snaps soon.

Bob
Old 23 Sep 2010, 20:29 (Ref:2763723)   #16
bauble
Veteran

England
If you write a 'caption' under comments I will add it as a caption.
I have made a start.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 22:54 (Ref:2765155)   #17
PieMan
Seigneur des pâtés en croûte
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
PieMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Hope to see you there - pop into the Pit Office for a cuppa.
Old 29 Sep 2010, 18:50 (Ref:2766774)   #18
bauble
Veteran

England
Put the kettle on, I'll be along soon.

Look forward to seeing you, but from the weather forecast for the weekend, I might be spending a lot of time with you!!!!

Bob
Old 30 Sep 2010, 18:20 (Ref:2767340)   #19
bauble
Veteran

England
If you are sitting in your wind swept tents on Friday night wondering how to pass the time, you could always tune into BBC Three Counties Radio and listen to James Tucker talking about the race, and if I know James he will mention the marshals.

Just after 9.0pm on 103.8 104.5 95.5 FM Sports Show with Luke Ashmead.

Don't miss it - it's the hottest show in town.
Old 31 Oct 2010, 21:44 (Ref:2783141)   #20
bauble
Veteran

England
More Marshals

I have added a fresh crop of snaps taken at the Birkett on Saturday, while I was unable to 'get' everybody on duty I did at least visit each corner on the Bridge Circuit, so there is a fair mix of 'The Good, the bad and the ...beautiful.
Thanks one and all for being so friendly.

Bob The Photographer.

PS Pics of the racing will follow shortly.
Old 4 Nov 2010, 17:22 (Ref:2784995)   #21
TerryD
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
TerryD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 & 7 are Andy Holly!
Old 9 Nov 2010, 11:47 (Ref:2787542)   #22
bauble
Veteran

England
Walter Hayes Meeting

If you were on duty at Silverstone on Sunday, you may have been 'snapped', if so your picture will be on the usual site. I hope you are pleased with the results, but if not I can always remove any picture.

Many thanks to all marshals who have ben so friendly and helpful over the season, have a good winter and hope to see around the track next year.

Bob The Photographer.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 08:36 (Ref:2787949)   #23
flying muppet
Veteran

England
Deepest Shropshire
flying muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
6 & 7 are Andy Holly!
HollEy even...
Old 10 Nov 2010, 09:54 (Ref:2787971)   #24
TerryD
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
TerryD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying muppet View Post
HollEy even...
Sorry Andie!
Old 10 Nov 2010, 11:56 (Ref:2788006)   #25
bauble
Veteran

England
HollEy even...

Duly noted and corrected.