Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 20 Feb 2006, 22:40 (Ref:1527472)   #26
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive
No driver I have ever spoken to has even come close to saying (s)he wouldn't pay a bit extra if they thought it was going direct to the marshals and/or training, in fact most are in favour of it.
I think there have been posts in the racers forum (A while ago) on something silmilar to this, and the general opinion seemed to be negative.
They felt that the Organisers should "Help" us rather than them being asked to cough up more!
Old 20 Feb 2006, 22:40 (Ref:1527474)   #27
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
[So, would they really begrudge an extra £1 to contribute to the provisions of those who could potentially save their life?
Possibly not, but it risks putting a barrier between them and us which I don't think should be there. After all, we're doing it as a hobby too. On the other hand, would I levey professional teams in professional championships? Yes, and more than £1.00 too.
Old 21 Feb 2006, 13:01 (Ref:1527965)   #28
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Chris Hobson - What a star!

What needed saying, said to the right people, in the right way.

Thanks Chris, keep up the good work, we're all behind you!
Old 21 Feb 2006, 20:12 (Ref:1528282)   #29
Pistonbroke
Racer

Wales
Shropshire
Pistonbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Chris & George! Exactly what needed saying, in exactly the right tone.
Old 21 Feb 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1528297)   #30
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent presentation - exactly what needs saying. I'll be interested in the action that the circuit owners / clubs will take.

With regards to the contribution towards marshals, why should the drivers pay directly for this? Surely as they are the customers of the circuits / clubs they should expect proper facilities / adequate marshals to be provided?? If the clubs can't provide this, then they need to justify a rise in entry fees and explain why exactly this has occurred.

Very glad that the BMMC are taking such action and the efforts can't be praised enough. It's now down to the circuits and clubs.
Old 21 Feb 2006, 23:11 (Ref:1528426)   #31
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mere driver (maybe I should say customer?) speaking here.
Great pitch Chris and George.

Entirely agree with your take on boring racing/low numbers of competitors and the like, so would be particularly interested to hear of any response to this from your audience, given that we have failed to get much support on merging poorly supported series.

Also agree that Marshals deserve much better conditions in which to do their job in. A proposal last year from one of my colleagues to provide shelters foc has received zero response.

Less in agreement with your spreadsheet example though. Please be assured that it is in the drivers' interest to race in full grids. It's about the only way to reduce entry fees.
If we currently pay £180 to race in a 17 car grid, I'd expect a substantial reduction if I could race on a day with each race providing a full grid. You only have to see what Rod Birley and gang have achieved with the Track and Race series costs, to see the benefits. Imagine that for each race on the programme.

Are you serious about the £1 levy? If so, I will suggest it to my club committee with every expectation that we could make it happen.
Old 21 Feb 2006, 23:28 (Ref:1528448)   #32
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hobson
We are not suggesting a direct levy (although we once suggested a £1.00 "tax" on all entries that would go direct to the marshals),
Chris Hobson
National Chairman
British Motorsport Marshals Club

slightly..

We already have a similar scheme in action on the Midland Hills(and Curborough Sprint Course) which funds the Midland Hillclimb Marshals Championship..
For every day you marshal you earn points(extra for doing a full weekend and for Nat b meetings)..
It provides us with a meal for marshals and partners at the end of season prize money and trophies..

Not one driver moaned about contributing and we also invite drivers to the meal....