Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Apr 2011, 08:23 (Ref:2856684)   #1
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chanoch Nissany to return to F1 with Hispania?

Quote:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90339

Autosport understands Israeli driver Chanoch Nissany is set to make a shock return to F1 with the Hispania team following delays in sponsorship payments by Narain Karthikeyan. At 47, Nissany would be the oldest F1 rookie since 1963.
Er, what? Is the situation that bad? I mean, really?
Old 1 Apr 2011, 08:34 (Ref:2856692)   #2
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
lmfao as much as it genuinely wouldn't surprise me, you may want to check the date

Selby
Old 1 Apr 2011, 08:38 (Ref:2856694)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You may want to click on the link.
Old 1 Apr 2011, 08:45 (Ref:2856698)   #4
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!

Selby
Old 1 Apr 2011, 08:55 (Ref:2856702)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think Ken Bruce was talking about this on Radio 2 just now.

Anyway, I'm all for it. They aint going to qualify anyway. They might as well not qualify, but get the bus fare home.
Old 1 Apr 2011, 09:01 (Ref:2856706)   #6
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
You may want to click on the link.
Got me there!
Old 1 Apr 2011, 09:34 (Ref:2856715)   #7
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Bravo The Duke!
Old 1 Apr 2011, 11:08 (Ref:2856756)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Caught good and proper there, duke.
Old 1 Apr 2011, 11:43 (Ref:2856779)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wiki

At the time Mr Nissany helped along Minardi's budget for that year, so he's not all bad

Maybe Red Bull could hire him as 3rd driver, I mean Infinity is a Nissan(y?) brand
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 Apr 2011, 11:52 (Ref:2856784)   #10
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
/me takes bow
Old 1 Apr 2011, 14:24 (Ref:2856860)   #11
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bravo, the secret to any good wind up is it has to at least be remotely possible - Hispania signing anyone wouldn't be a shock.

Remember a few years ago when the Autosport April fool was Ferrari doing a 3 seater F1 car - couple of years later it actually happened.
Old 1 Apr 2011, 14:28 (Ref:2856867)   #12
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
OT but I like your signature Courageous. Reminds me of something Nigel Roebuck once said: If you have to sit next to an F1 driver on a long-haul flight, makes sure he's a No.2
Old 1 Apr 2011, 14:45 (Ref:2856877)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good april first...

Another good one is Portugal selling Cristiano Ronaldo to Spain to help paying their national debt for
EURO 160 millions !
Old 1 Apr 2011, 15:18 (Ref:2856894)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Here's another one that caught a few out:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...ish-Grant-Prix

And another that probably didn't:

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/167997/...dominance.html

Last edited by Marbot; 1 Apr 2011 at 15:27.
Old 1 Apr 2011, 18:42 (Ref:2857007)   #15
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
A friend of mine on Facebook caught me out completely by saying he had seen the Senna movie last night.

For a while I was green with envy, but he made the mistake of posting the comment late last night rather than early today, so it didn't count in my book. Phew!
Old 1 Apr 2011, 19:19 (Ref:2857026)   #16
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Another good one that I'd heard of was that one of the Wolves players has a pilots licence, and it was put on their official web site that he was scheduled to pilot the jet that took the team to their next game at Newcastle...........
Old 2 Apr 2011, 21:14 (Ref:2857532)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Another good one that I'd heard of was that one of the Wolves players has a pilots licence, and it was put on their official web site that he was scheduled to pilot the jet that took the team to their next game at Newcastle...........
But surely it's better to be up in the air under your own steam than kicked up there by Barton?
Old 6 Apr 2011, 00:09 (Ref:2859447)   #18
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fortunately the prank suggested Nissany and not a multi-million contract with Cristóbal López's (M&S) Oil petroleum brand that include an immediate contract of José Mar*a López into Hispania as main driver.
This could be an idea for next year...
Old 6 Apr 2011, 00:37 (Ref:2859451)   #19
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
*cue sexy voice* Jose Maria Lopez isn't just any oil petroleum brand driver, he's an M&S oil petroleum brand driver...