Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 10 Jun 2013, 13:45 (Ref:3260363)   #1
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Brands Hatch Speedfest 2013 an amazing success!

Brilliant, brilliant meeting and well done to MSVR for having the balls to put this on and promote it properly. It just goes to show that UK motorsport is not dead and that all it needs is promoting and entertainment for all the family and the crowds will come in droves. I was talking to one slightly enibrated gentleman on Saturday who had never attended a race meeting yet lived nearby. He was enthusing over the event and kept saying he couldnt believe he had two days great entertainment for just £18 when it can cost £60 to go and watch 22 overpaid primadonnas kick a ball around for 1 and a half hours. And the good news is it will be back again next year as we were told in the drivers briefing they had sold more advance tickets than they did for both the BTCC and DTM, thats some achievment!
Old 10 Jun 2013, 13:49 (Ref:3260365)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
That's good - they were quite literally giving away tickets for this one (2 for 1 on advance tickets) so it could work out very cheap in comparison to a normal meeting of the same grade.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 15:17 (Ref:3260416)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well whatever they pulled out the hat it worked, keep this up and who knows we may be able to get some sponsorship if there are people out there to see the cars!
Old 10 Jun 2013, 16:12 (Ref:3260438)   #4
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2014 provisional date
Old 10 Jun 2013, 17:08 (Ref:3260461)   #5
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC - Oulton Park - 98 cars
Speedfest - Brands Hatch - 155 cars

Would be interesting to compare the numbers paying to attend!
Old 10 Jun 2013, 18:01 (Ref:3260488)   #6
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I wasn't aware of 2 for 1 deals just an online discount but know they gave 1000 tickets away to owners of classic American cars but that was a smart move.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 18:18 (Ref:3260496)   #7
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I wasn't aware of 2 for 1 deals just an online discount but know they gave 1000 tickets away to owners of classic American cars but that was a smart move.
Agreed - maybe they're looking at making it into an annual 'American Festival' (in the same vein as the Mini festivals). If you can get the owners clubs on board then you'll pull in people that may be outside your normal customer base - good for the circuit and good for the clubs to have a venue like Brands.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 19:47 (Ref:3260558)   #8
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I understand the Mustang Owners Club are going to make it an annual event.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 20:54 (Ref:3260605)   #9
andy robinson
Racer

United Kingdom
cramlington, northumberland
andy robinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ive never seen brands hatch so busy, It was a cracker of an event
Old 11 Jun 2013, 14:53 (Ref:3260966)   #10
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Now if they only ran it at a proper circuit like Oulton, it'd be great
Old 11 Jun 2013, 16:50 (Ref:3261001)   #11
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I didnt see the 2 for 1 deal either?

Reminded me of the John Webb era "sun free days", or the CSMA festivals.

They use to have a grid walk for the sun free days too.
Old 11 Jun 2013, 18:24 (Ref:3261048)   #12
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I think part of the attraction of Brands was that for the continental guys it was easy to get to with their cars and close to Gatwick and Heathrow, Oulton would have been a hassle. Also and I am not a lover of the Indy layout to drive on but I have to admit its a brilliant viewing circuit with great grandstands and facilities and a superb alround venue and IMHO is the right place for the Speedfest to be.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 11 Jun 2013 at 18:30.
Old 11 Jun 2013, 19:29 (Ref:3261079)   #13
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I'll second that; Brands is a great circuit, though - pity it's the wrong side of That London!

Well worth the 550 miles we drove last weekend - next year the Speedfest will be very high on out list of meetings to do.
Old 11 Jun 2013, 19:34 (Ref:3261087)   #14
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
I didnt see the 2 for 1 deal either?
The 2 for 1 deal was sent in an MSV email (One of those "you bought tickets for a previous event so here's another you might like" type emails). Good idea though - more of these please
Old 12 Jun 2013, 15:09 (Ref:3261594)   #15
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ooh yes! On the Fosters layout.
Old 15 Jun 2013, 22:23 (Ref:3263180)   #16
andy robinson
Racer

United Kingdom
cramlington, northumberland
andy robinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
speedfest on tv

Tuesday 18th at 7.25pm on Motors TV sky 447
Old 15 Jun 2013, 23:17 (Ref:3263196)   #17
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Really, probably only snippits from the French NASCAR as I saw the cameras all packed away by the time we went out for the last race, they as usual missed the most interesting and exciting racing Joe Public would like to watch.
Old 23 Jun 2013, 08:18 (Ref:3268050)   #18
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Abysmal tv coverage how that is the result of a team of six cameramen is baffling, what a wasted opportunity for some good tv. The commentator had the most boring voice I have ever heard on tv like a throwback to Pathe News from the fifties and hours of racing crammed into little disjointed snippets just featuring the NASCAR races.
Old 23 Jun 2013, 17:23 (Ref:3268446)   #19
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do I take it yu didn't get featured then Al?
Old 23 Jun 2013, 19:30 (Ref:3268511)   #20
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I didnt expect to be as they were packing up before we went out for the last race but they did a brief summary of what else was going on at Speedfest including showing some of the road cars etc on display and the Superbird clone but didnt give our races even a brief mention, when you concider the costs and trouble getting a car to the track it wouldnt have hurt surely.
Old 23 Jun 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3268576)   #21
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Better get yourself across to Mazda racing or something else on Motors TV
Old 23 Jun 2013, 21:01 (Ref:3268584)   #22
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
CTCRC Mallory meeting is usually televised. May do that.
Old 30 Jun 2013, 16:17 (Ref:3271945)   #23
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
only just finished sorting out my photos, i was there on the friday too,
heres a link to the bernies v8s photos i took over the three days
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coletri...rsassociation/

the races were great, fitted very well with the event i thought

cheers
Old 2 Jul 2013, 15:20 (Ref:3272943)   #24
Mike Sheraton
Racer

United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Mike Sheraton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes al the CTCRC Mallory event is televised again.
would be good to see some yanks out there for this one too, as some could fit into pre 66, 83s, 93s and then anything modified could easily go into Classic Thunder!
Old 2 Jul 2013, 15:22 (Ref:3272944)   #25
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Yes I am planning to do this one, may take both cars who knows!