Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 13 Oct 2009, 21:41 (Ref:2560837)   #1301
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
If BE really wanted a GP at Donington Park, surely he would have just given SG the required funds and told him to get on with it.
Bernie would never dip into his own pockets, it's not how he works. He gets others to pay him to hold GPs thus maximising his profits and his control.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 00:46 (Ref:2560903)   #1302
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
If they're offered a 17-year contract on reasonable terms I'm sure they will move heaven and earth to get the job done and they're starting from a much better base than Gillett.
Sky News has quoted Bernie as saying: "Silverstone will have the opportunity of exactly the same contract as Donington".
Old 14 Oct 2009, 01:20 (Ref:2560928)   #1303
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Bernie....You are SOOL mate on this one, better to get on with it now..

The British Grand Prix to remain at Silverstone...The home of the British Grand Prix..

Next...
Old 14 Oct 2009, 01:31 (Ref:2560936)   #1304
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Sky News has quoted Bernie as saying: "Silverstone will have the opportunity of exactly the same contract as Donington".
Does that mean they will have to pay more than they did previously to get a 17 year deal?
Old 14 Oct 2009, 09:30 (Ref:2561109)   #1305
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff View Post
"Two week extension." "Two week default notice."

Other than Silverstone...what other venues in the UK would have the capacity to host the GP by 2010?

Rockingham maybe? lots of grandstands, with a great view on the track for everybody. But it is a bit to twisty and featureless to really suit F1 I think (Although turn 1 would be great to watch)
Old 14 Oct 2009, 09:50 (Ref:2561121)   #1306
stroller
Racer

stroller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Rockingham maybe?"

Unfortunately – One road in – One road out ! –Anyone know what’s happening to the half finished dual carriageway that stops just outside the paddock tunnel?

Also paddock facilities nowhere near adequate to take Grand Prix organisation & backup (hospitality etc) plus support races.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 10:01 (Ref:2561126)   #1307
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Autosport reports that Donington has unveiled funding plans.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79420

Forgive me but this looks like a kind of rights issue whereby investors buy up shares on a fixed period deal. If so then the immediate funding is not in place and this could be interpretted as an admission that they can't remedy the breach without the funds.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 10:03 (Ref:2561129)   #1308
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Gillett unveils Donington funding plans.

Also.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 10:08 (Ref:2561131)   #1309
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I didn't understand a word of Donington's statement.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 10:14 (Ref:2561132)   #1310
stroller
Racer

stroller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
If Bu***it was music they would have a Brass Band as the saying goes
Old 14 Oct 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2561133)   #1311
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Nope, me neither. I think they just used one of those 'Random Word Creation' programs, switched into 'Legalese' mode.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2561136)   #1312
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
I think it means: WE'RE ****ED!
Old 14 Oct 2009, 11:11 (Ref:2561166)   #1313
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Could be wrong, but I interpret the statement along the lines of;

Donington want people to invest in the redevelopment by buying 'notes'.
If the company falls into debt, these 'notes' will be the first debt to be repaid.
If investors do not take up the additional 'warrants' alongside the 'notes', then they may also be liable for any additional funding required to complete the project.

In essence - 'lend us some money, and if it all goes wrong we'll pay you back first. If we need more money, and you haven't taken protection, we'll be calling you first for more money.'
Old 14 Oct 2009, 11:15 (Ref:2561167)   #1314
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Can we PLEASE stop dodging the autocensor before I get the big stick out!
Old 14 Oct 2009, 11:19 (Ref:2561172)   #1315
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green View Post
OOPS! I think that's what it means though.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 11:20 (Ref:2561175)   #1316
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

In essence - 'lend us some money, and if it all goes wrong we'll pay you back first. If we need more money, and you haven't taken protection, we'll be calling you first for more money.'
It's a cry for help.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 11:21 (Ref:2561177)   #1317
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green View Post

Finally...a different point of view.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 12:00 (Ref:2561204)   #1318
Dave 455
Racer

Dave 455 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The terms and conditions of the warrants and notes are here : -

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/corp...s?news_id=1093
Old 14 Oct 2009, 12:11 (Ref:2561214)   #1319
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
"This announcement is directed only at relevant persons and must not be acted on or relied on by persons who are not relevant persons".

Are you a "relevant" person?
Old 14 Oct 2009, 12:14 (Ref:2561216)   #1320
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If they've got any sense the
Quote:
relevant persons
will realise that there's no chance of completing the work therefore the 2010 GP has already defaulted.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 12:24 (Ref:2561225)   #1321
Dave 455
Racer

Dave 455 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also the re-build was going to cost £80,000,000 two weeks ago but now it is going to cost £135,000,000?
Old 14 Oct 2009, 12:30 (Ref:2561229)   #1322
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Autosport reports that Donington has unveiled funding plans.

Forgive me but this looks like a kind of rights issue whereby investors buy up shares on a fixed period deal. If so then the immediate funding is not in place and this could be interpretted as an admission that they can't remedy the breach without the funds.
You're right Peter... its a load of rubbish. Issuing loan notes is a million miles away from having them taken up. What Donington Holdings Plc are doing is sending a begging bowl around to various people in the form of a confidential memorandum asking them if they will lend them money. They're hoping that they will be lent adequate funds to complete the re-development of the circuit. The question now is whether an attempt to secure the funds is enough to remedy the breach of contract with Bernie... or whether evidence of the funds in place is necessary. I would hazzard a guess that its the latter.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 12:34 (Ref:2561236)   #1323
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner
Rockingham Maybe
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroller
Unfortunately – One road in – One road out ! –Anyone know what’s happening to the half finished dual carriageway that stops just outside the paddock tunnel?

Also paddock facilities nowhere near adequate to take Grand Prix organisation & backup (hospitality etc) plus support races.
The dual carriageway was used at the BTCC meeting as an entry and exit for the circuit giving a second exit.

Also the pit garages wouldnt be suitable for F1 as they are open plan.

Also practicality wise F1 would have a problem with getting all of the VIPs of the grid.

But after all of that it would be awesome to watch them go through turn 1 as you said.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 12:38 (Ref:2561238)   #1324
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Given that holding the British GP in Donington is looking precarious to say the least... what will be the outcome for Donington if the GP reverts to Silverstone for 17 years ? At the moment the venue's a building site and cannot be used for anything without the significant investment required to turn it into a GP circuit... in other words, it would appear to have gone too far to be reinstated to what it was.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 13:03 (Ref:2561259)   #1325
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Simon Gillett’s Donington Ventures group has gone on a last chance dash to the City to try to raise £135 million to save its British Grand Prix deal.

As the article makes clear, this is a very high-risk deal and I doubt very much that anyone will touch it given a) Gillett's record to date, b) the very short time frame and c) the general uncertainty involved.

Please, Mr Ecclestone, finish this soon and let Silverstone have the race back for the foreseeable future.
Closed Thread