Sebastian Buemi 13 7.56%
Sebastien Bourdais 0 0%
Adrian Sutil 1 0.58%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Mar 2009, 07:53 (Ref:2427691)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race : Australian GP 2009

And the DOTR is...
Old 29 Mar 2009, 07:54 (Ref:2427693)   #2
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
...the one who drove from last to 4th in a POS?
Old 29 Mar 2009, 07:55 (Ref:2427697)   #3
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
One of the Brits.

Probably Jense, for sentimental reasons.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 07:56 (Ref:2427698)   #4
Jeff 8
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Jeff 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jensen of course.

Honourable mention for Buemi in his first F1 race.

Jeff

Old 29 Mar 2009, 07:57 (Ref:2427700)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Want to give it to Hamilton, because I thought he did really well, but Jenson was faultless and deservedly DOTR.

Honorable mention to Trulli. Pitlane to 3rd. Think Toyota may come alive in the coming few races.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 07:58 (Ref:2427704)   #6
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff 8 View Post
Jensen of course.

Honourable mention for Buemi in his first F1 race.

Jeff

and to Truli as well
Old 29 Mar 2009, 07:59 (Ref:2427706)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Button for me.
but really so many impressive drives today its a hard choice.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:02 (Ref:2427710)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Last edited by Adam43; 29 Mar 2009 at 08:23. Reason: wrong smilie
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:02 (Ref:2427711)   #9
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button, kept it together when things were falling apart around him.

Honourable mentions to anyone who didn't throw it off, there weren't many of them!!
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:05 (Ref:2427724)   #10
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Hamilton, UNQUESTIONABLY, for me...

It was the day he proved he is a champion...because the test of a great driver is not what he does in a good car, it is what he can do in a bad car.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:09 (Ref:2427728)   #11
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was Vettel until he and Kubica rammed into each other, but it's hard to deny Button the honor.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:09 (Ref:2427729)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton did OK, but he needed a crash to get there. deeks6 likes these kind of choices though!

Jense, pole and a win.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:11 (Ref:2427730)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Because the test of a great driver is not what he can do in a good car but what he can do in a bad car even against all odds. He had bad ones more than anyone all those past seasons and now, at the first chance with a good one he didn't miss it, well done Jenson.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:12 (Ref:2427732)   #14
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jenson Button definately. Flawless performance.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:13 (Ref:2427734)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

And please change this Button smilies, they do deserve a BrawnGP there !
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:17 (Ref:2427739)   #16
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Lewis, a good mature drive in an underperforming car, well done!
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:18 (Ref:2427741)   #17
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post

Because the test of a great driver is not what he can do in a good car but what he can do in a bad car even against all odds. He had bad ones more than anyone all those past seasons and now, at the first chance with a good one he didn't miss it, well done Jenson.
JB was fantastic, no doubt about it ...he had the best equipment and did not waste it.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:19 (Ref:2427743)   #18
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Button was good, but he achieved what the car should've achieved. Vettel and Kubica both performed impressively, but each were equally responsible for a rather stupid crash so near the end with so much at stake (a bit of give and take would've been for the greater good for both of them).

It is between Trulli and Hamilton for me. Both came from the back to get great finishes: whilst both got flattering finishing positions by virtue of the penalty of the softs eroded by the SC, and the Vettel-Kubica carnage at the end, they were each thoroughly racey throughout (had they finished 5-6 instead of 3-4, well, for me, the drives would be considered just as impressive). The difference is Trulli was in a decent car, whereas, as we all know, Lewis' ain't so hot.

Lewis for me.

I want to give an honourable mention to Buemi (he showed he had what it takes to take it to the big guys, and just generally seemed fast and solid). At the other end of the scale, a slow hand clap for the mighty Nelson Piquet Jr.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:22 (Ref:2427750)   #19
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
And please change this Button smilies, they do deserve a BrawnGP there !
Already done, The format is :09_driver:
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:24 (Ref:2427754)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Seems to me that coming from the pitlane to third (or fifth) is no mean feat. Likewise from 18th to 4th (or sixth). Then again to score a point in an unfancied car on your debut, is also deserving of praise.

Then running all day in second place in a "non diffuser" car only to be punted out with a few laps to go shouls also get a mention.

The psychological turmoil of the ex Honda team must have applied severe pressure to all involved and they overcame these problems top achieve something that has only happened once (or with 1950) twice in the history of the World Championship. The fact it was the lesse experienced driver, albeit the one who has stuck by the team for many years, who controlled the race from start to finish, must make it all the more satisfying.

Well done to Jenson, Barrichello and Brawn GP. Let's hope there's more to come.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:26 (Ref:2427758)   #21
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
(09 smilies are available look at the topics in the forum)

Jense for me. didn't put a foot wrong. Very good and he stayed out of trouble unlike his team mate. Failing that then I'd say Trulli or Lewis for making it up from the back.

Just think if (and I'm sure they wont) they do decide those Diffusers are illegal....Hamilton will win
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:28 (Ref:2427761)   #22
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
has to be Button. Didnt put a foot or wheel wrong
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:28 (Ref:2427762)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Where's Potsie on the list? It takes a lot of skill to come 13th
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:32 (Ref:2427773)   #24
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My person of the race is Ross Brawn, without a shadow of a doubt.

As for the driver, there are a few deserving candidates. Jenson Button drove an (almost) flawless light-to-flag finish, undoubtedly under lots of pressure with all of the hype leading up to the race. As others have mentioned, he won in a car which should have won, but I don't think that takes anything away from his victory. Rubens Barrichello drove well towards the end of the race, and kept his cool during his problems during the race, but was lucky to end up in P2. Jarno Trulli and Timo Glock drove very well from dead last up to 3rd and 5th, although Glock did seem to get frustrated when trying an impossible overtake around the penultimate corner, and Trulli fell off the track as the final Safety Car was deployed. An honourable mention must also go to the world champion, Lewis Hamilton drove well from 18th to 4th (and some say that he should be 3rd), but all things considered it's close between Trulli and Button. On this occasion Button gets my vote.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:45 (Ref:2427789)   #25
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button for me - followed by the whole Brawn team.