Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Apr 2010, 00:20 (Ref:2678783)   #51
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
I thought that the title of the thread was "who has" not "who had"
You're quite right of course, but people either can't read or became bored with a McLaren runaway win for has and switched to had instead.
Old 24 Apr 2010, 00:28 (Ref:2678790)   #52
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think a few years ago not many would have imagined a Hamilton and Button combo would be best (due to Button). Indeed, McLaren probably wouldn't have had Button. I recall Ron Dennis not being particularly interested.

I think Button has improved recently.
Old 24 Apr 2010, 06:07 (Ref:2678854)   #53
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
To get back to the past, Hamilton and Alonso was one of the best driver pairings, although I get the distinct impression people are including harmony as an important part of their assessments.
Harmony is an important factor when you consider that the fall-out between Hamilton and Alonso arguably cost their team the title.
Old 24 Apr 2010, 13:35 (Ref:2678984)   #54
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think a few years ago not many would have imagined a Hamilton and Button combo would be best (due to Button). Indeed, McLaren probably wouldn't have had Button. I recall Ron Dennis not being particularly interested.

I think Button has improved recently.
Ron Dennis wasn't interested ? Any particular reason ? I can't quite remember
anything about that...
Old 24 Apr 2010, 15:41 (Ref:2679022)   #55
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Votes for Webber/Vettel? They have to be close surely...
Old 24 Apr 2010, 17:48 (Ref:2679040)   #56
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taprobane View Post
No Votes for Webber/Vettel? They have to be close surely...
I was going to say the same thing but obviously, Seb is so superior to Mark

Right, i'm leaving
Old 25 Apr 2010, 16:44 (Ref:2679434)   #57
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloTeK View Post
I'm interested as to what Lotus are like, Heikki is constantly smiling and Trulli has a permanent sadface on!
I wonder whether Trulli took the Lotus drive just because he wanted to stay in F1 rather than because he actually wanted to take on the task of helping to make the team competitive. Heikki seems really up for the challenge, which is great to see, whereas Trulli just looks miserable all the time. I appreciate that he seems to have had the bulk of the unreliability, which would probably get to you, but it's kind of to be expected in a brand new team.

Anyway...those two obviously aren't the best driver line-up in F1. Which means that as things stand, it must be the team that has the last 2 world champions driving for it. Ferrari's line-up is good, but the cracks are already appearing, Schumacher isn't the driver he used to be, and I'm not altogether convinced by Webber this year. I'm not sure he'll be as close to Vettel as he was in 2009.

However, that's not to say that it's going to be all smiles, love and hugs at McLaren for the entire season. I can see things getting quite tense if both drivers are competing for the title, or indeed if Hamilton doesn't start winning a few races.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 25 Apr 2010, 17:02 (Ref:2679443)   #58
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Best ever was Scheckter and Villeneuve, Respect, rivalry and friendship. Gilles sat on Jody's rear wing at Monza and with one pass could ahve had a chance to be champ, but they agreed beforehand not to. This is what incensed him so much with Pironi's petulance at Imola in 82, as that was the case there too!
I agree wholeheartedly. Gilles was a giant in and out the track (but certainly not physically ) . Imola'82 was probably one of the pivotal stories of F1 (whatever the interpretation one does of it).

In comparison with GV so many drivers seems lame (in and out the track).
Old 28 Apr 2010, 09:36 (Ref:2681019)   #59
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
LH and JB. Some are thinking that LH may fall out with JB by the end of the season. I'm not so sure. I have had some epic battles on track, but have always remained friendly with the people I have raced against. It's a race after all, and you can always appreciate being beaten in a race, even if you don't actually like being beaten. Only when something dodgy happens does that affect attitude. Providing JB doesn't do anything dodgy to LH or vica versa, I think they will stay chummy right to the end, whatever the final results.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 28 Apr 2010, 10:15 (Ref:2681036)   #60
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Hulkenburg has respect for Barrichello and seem to be getting along well. Yet another instance of where his fans were expecting him to 'blow the doors off' his team mate, which is obviously not the case. But a good pairing IMO.

"How he drives the car just eight tenths slower than the front is puzzling," the 22-year-old German told Auto Motor und Sport. "And then when the car is really difficult, Rubens puts in a lap that really makes me wonder how he does it."

Trulli is a bit upset that he has hardly driven the car this season, but is resigned to the fact that it was always going to be difficult and ,unsurprisingly, is getting along well with his team mate. Probably the best pairing among the new teams.

Last edited by Marbot; 28 Apr 2010 at 10:20.
Old 28 Apr 2010, 12:41 (Ref:2681107)   #61
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Trulli is a bit upset that he has hardly driven the car this season, but is resigned to the fact that it was always going to be difficult and ,unsurprisingly, is getting along well with his team mate. Probably the best pairing among the new teams.
I can only remember Trulli being upset with something, that won't change at all.
Old 29 Apr 2010, 21:00 (Ref:2681888)   #62
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
To me, Trulli just seems resigned, full stop. I doubt a "woe is me" attitude will go down very well in a new team which is working flat out to try to catch up with the established midfield. He and Kovalainen are a good pairing for a new team to have, but Heikki is the one who seems to be in it for the long haul.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 30 Apr 2010, 19:59 (Ref:2682361)   #63
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Agreed R'sG.

Kovalainen seems more bouyant than ever before and sees this as a genuine chance to extend his career (maybe dreaming longer term but who knows?) whilst Trulli was maybe only signed for one year because he is Gascoyne's mate and could help with some basic paramenter stuff.

As to the current best line up potentially it has to be Alonso-Massa at Ferrari. so long as Fernando keeps his cool and Massa regains bit more of his egde and doesn't 'react' to Alonso's ever increasing aggression. They could be 1-2 in the championship?

I think that could well be Button and Hamilton though, for this year at least. Then the honeymoon period will be well and truly over!
Old 30 May 2010, 23:38 (Ref:2701428)   #64
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Bump
Quote:
Originally Posted by medler View Post
Well if they are getting on as well as they did in GP2 I'd put my money on Senna and Chandhok.
Yes, after today those two are the most harmonious combination in my view.
Old 31 May 2010, 00:43 (Ref:2701471)   #65
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
BumpYes, after today those two are the most harmonious combination in my view.
And Red Bull's boys seem less harmonic now (that image of Newey pulling his nonexistent hairs was epic )
Old 31 May 2010, 22:46 (Ref:2702139)   #66
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

RBR has the best duo by far ! They can't be more racers than that... I love when those things happens.
Old 31 May 2010, 23:16 (Ref:2702151)   #67
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Certainly keeps this place active mate thats for sure!
Old 31 May 2010, 23:35 (Ref:2702159)   #68
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Mac's duo fought for some corners and they survived, RB's ones fought just in a straight and collided, robbing us of a real battle in the process. Vettel did wrong, it is just that; it happens, but it is not particularly great. Perhaps they have to show him that old Gilles-Arnoux video.

Autosport has a point when it says RB has the best car but they have failed to make a gap in points. That is a thing that can cost dearly in the end of the season. Poor Adrian, he never will recover his hairs this way.
Old 1 Jun 2010, 00:18 (Ref:2702185)   #69
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Schumacher and Rosberg?
Old 1 Jun 2010, 23:22 (Ref:2702873)   #70
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Schumacher and Rosberg?
Hardly.
Old 1 Jun 2010, 23:48 (Ref:2702880)   #71
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Schumacher and Rosberg?
As long as they use a properly long wheelbase . No, seriously, those two are so good friends
Old 1 Jun 2010, 23:56 (Ref:2702885)   #72
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Hardly.
Because Rosberg isn't good enough or Schumacher isn't the driver he was, or both?
Old 2 Jun 2010, 00:12 (Ref:2702891)   #73
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Because Rosberg isn't good enough or Schumacher isn't the driver he was, or both?
I guess it's all down to TGF.
Old 2 Jun 2010, 00:14 (Ref:2702892)   #74
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Do you mean Schumacher is not one of the best anymore and neither is Rosberg?
Old 2 Jun 2010, 00:22 (Ref:2702895)   #75
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I think TGF is past his time and he might be only having fun. Rosberg is certainly uphill but I can't say if he's going to surpass his father.