Trulli 0 0%
Glock 0 0%
d'Ambrosio 0 0%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Mar 2011, 16:33 (Ref:2854275)   #51
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I think the floor was damaged prior to the incident at turn one that kept being replayed. I've no idea whether he'd damaged it on a previous 'off' or whether it was just a failure. I'm sure we'll find out.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 17:16 (Ref:2854305)   #52
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Solid drive from Hamilton I agree, but Button doesnt put a car on P4 that is not Top2 I dont think... sorry Jense... so it wasnt really a puttin-a-car-where-it-doesnt-belong-to drive by Hamilton, he had an awesome car and he collected a solid podium with it.

What Petrov did on the ohter hand was something else I feel, Renault is a decent car, but it wouldnt finish ahead of Alonso just on anybody's hand.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 17:33 (Ref:2854324)   #53
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Petrov!......Also what a great drive by Perez.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 18:27 (Ref:2854366)   #54
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel - great drive from Petrov though.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 19:40 (Ref:2854426)   #55
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Petrov - no question - left many a star name in his wake.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 22:14 (Ref:2854531)   #56
Lin1876
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
Lin1876 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has to be Perez or Petrov. Good to see a Renault on the podium this early after the winter they've had. My vote goes to Perez (ignore the Sauber DSQ), Ferrari's investment looks to have paid dividends, and it was a great drive. Massa's team mate for 2012?
Old 27 Mar 2011, 22:19 (Ref:2854532)   #57
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin1876 View Post
Massa's team mate for 2012?
Massa's replacement for 2012, perhaps.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 22:52 (Ref:2854550)   #58
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Petrov gets my vote for suprising everyone and he looked so happy, good on him, hope it continues through out the season.

Kudos also to Perez, he did a lot better then I thought he would, shame the cars were disqualified.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 23:28 (Ref:2854575)   #59
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin1876 View Post
... My vote goes to Perez (ignore the Sauber DSQ), ...

To be honest Im not sure how much I can ignore it. I just find it odd to vote driver of the race someone who's been running an illegal car.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 23:56 (Ref:2854588)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought Mr Petrov was a star... he just got on with the job, quick for sure, and absolutely showing up Mr Heidfeld who was supposed to be Renault's saviour....

While I know and understand that English isnt Mr Petrov's native language, some polish may be required, to get the sponsors acknowledged... and to get his own efforts acknowledged... the press conference was kinda like Mr Petrov felt he didnt belong there...

Top job in the car though!

As for Potsie... burning up rubber every 10 laps and whinging about it meant a driver/car interface issue... reboot required!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 28 Mar 2011, 00:29 (Ref:2854603)   #61
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

As for Potsie... burning up rubber every 10 laps and whinging about it meant a driver/car interface issue... reboot required!
Turning it off and then turning it back on again, seems to work for most things these days.
Old 28 Mar 2011, 00:51 (Ref:2854613)   #62
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Turning it off and then turning it back on again, seems to work for most things these days.
Lol, then there are those times when you just need to pull the plug.
Old 28 Mar 2011, 01:47 (Ref:2854623)   #63
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

While I know and understand that English isnt Mr Petrov's native language, some polish may be required, to get the sponsors acknowledged...
You mean him speaking better English will make me buy a Lada? He is the last guy who lacks sponsorship anyway But I do wonder how well he communicates with the team (he also failed to understand a very basic question coming from Martin at the grid-walk)
Old 28 Mar 2011, 06:27 (Ref:2854647)   #64
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlaprecord View Post
You mean him speaking better English will make me buy a Lada? He is the last guy who lacks sponsorship anyway But I do wonder how well he communicates with the team (he also failed to understand a very basic question coming from Martin at the grid-walk)
You mean Martins russian wasn't good enough, do you?
Old 28 Mar 2011, 08:13 (Ref:2854685)   #65
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
So I guess going off course and destroying the floor of the car isn't a mistake anymore?
I'd forgotten about that bit.

OK, so he managed to survive his mistake(s) better than any of the other top team drivers. Mainly by virtue of the fact Alonso and Button got shuffled backwards at the start.
Old 28 Mar 2011, 08:51 (Ref:2854713)   #66
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another vote for Petrov and another honourable mention for Perez.
Old 28 Mar 2011, 10:55 (Ref:2854779)   #67
Darien
Rookie

Darien should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kovalainen all the way!! Seriously though, it's just sad Raikkonen doesn't drive anymore. I was a huge fan. =)
Old 28 Mar 2011, 10:58 (Ref:2854780)   #68
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darien View Post
Seriously though, it's just sad Raikkonen doesn't drive anymore. I was a huge fan. =)
Me too.

Welcome to the forum
Old 28 Mar 2011, 11:06 (Ref:2854784)   #69
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darien View Post
Kovalainen all the way!! Seriously though, it's just sad Raikkonen doesn't drive anymore. I was a huge fan. =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Me too.

Welcome to the forum
One more ! I miss him too.
Old 28 Mar 2011, 13:26 (Ref:2854860)   #70
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel didn't put a wheel wrong the whole race and fantastic in qualifying . Liked Perez a lot nice drive for a rookie pity about the technical issues with the car.
Old 28 Mar 2011, 20:16 (Ref:2855070)   #71
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa_Rob View Post
Vettel didn't put a wheel wrong the whole race and fantastic in qualifying . Liked Perez a lot nice drive for a rookie pity about the technical issues with the car.
Except for lap 16 when all four wheels of Vettels's car clearly go over the line as he overtook Button.
Old 28 Mar 2011, 20:31 (Ref:2855082)   #72
dtb
Rookie

England
UK
dtb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Petrov for me also, well done
Old 28 Mar 2011, 23:14 (Ref:2855138)   #73
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Except for lap 16 when all four wheels of Vettels's car clearly go over the line as he overtook Button.
But that was in turn 4, where apparently it doesn't matter because if you take all four wheels off the track you are actually going wider than you needed to do, as opposed to taking a short cut. Something like that was the official explanation and I suppose I can see the logic.
Old 28 Mar 2011, 23:20 (Ref:2855140)   #74
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
But that was in turn 4, where apparently it doesn't matter because if you take all four wheels off the track you are actually going wider than you needed to do, as opposed to taking a short cut. Something like that was the official explanation and I suppose I can see the logic.
I suppose but if there was wall there, or a gravel trap he wouldn't have been able to pull that move, so in some respects he did gain an advantage.
Old 29 Mar 2011, 03:15 (Ref:2855183)   #75
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Petrov. I'm also hoping that this is a sign of Renault resurgence.