Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 May 2016, 12:29 (Ref:3641737)   #26
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobec View Post
But he wasn't alongside him yet, was he? I think both were a little too aggressive, but oh well. It's racing.

Also in Nico's defense, plenty of examples from last year when they were right next to each other and Lewis would push Nico out, even off the track, and in all cases the accidents was avoided because Nico let it go and lost the position. Maybe he was afraid of same thing happening here.
I agree
Old 15 May 2016, 12:35 (Ref:3641738)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post
Rosberg, you can't just chop someone off when they are getting alongside you!
It reminded me of the Schumacher Chop.
Old 15 May 2016, 12:36 (Ref:3641739)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looking at those aerial shots, there are quite a few empty seats.
Old 15 May 2016, 12:37 (Ref:3641740)   #29
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last I'll say on this but look at this photo on the tweet below, if people still think Rosberg was entitled to do what he did then we'll have to agree to disagree.

Twitter link

Anyway go Ricciardo!!
Old 15 May 2016, 12:41 (Ref:3641741)   #30
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well being past NR's rear wheel on the grass doesnt really count mainly because its out of bounds but also NR is breaking by that point and LH cant brake as effectively because he is on the grass.

when NR covered the line, LH chose to move further to the inside. he might have made that move work if he had gone to the other side and tried to overtake NR on the outside of turn 3.
Old 15 May 2016, 12:43 (Ref:3641742)   #31
bobec
Racer

bobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Lewis had momentum and already had a wheel alongside when Rosberg moved. I must be watching a different replay to some folk and I'm not even a Hamilton fan!
From the first screenshot it would seem Lewis wasn't alongside him yet. If Nico was really late with his blocking move, it should have looked more like MS vs Barrichello in Hungary 2010.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rimbTE6RPxo
Old 15 May 2016, 12:48 (Ref:3641743)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobec View Post
From the first screenshot it would seem Lewis wasn't alongside him yet. If Nico was really late with his blocking move, it should have looked more like MS vs Barrichello in Hungary 2010.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rimbTE6RPxo
It sounds so much better in Italian.
Old 15 May 2016, 12:49 (Ref:3641744)   #33
bobec
Racer

bobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Last I'll say on this but look at this photo on the tweet below, if people still think Rosberg was entitled to do what he did then we'll have to agree to disagree.

Twitter link

Ummm, that's well into it, not the beginning of the incident. What should be looked at is their position when Rosberg STARTED to block
Old 15 May 2016, 12:52 (Ref:3641745)   #34
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Happy for Red Bull but kinda want Vettle to
pull off the win for the excitement value.

Jaw still hung open. You mean to tell me they
did not have a chance to take their helmets
off before going in the principals office?

After seeing a few replays, I don't think Rosberg could have
made the next turn seeing how far on the other side of the
track he was if Hamilton did not hit him.

Last edited by canamman; 15 May 2016 at 13:18.
Old 15 May 2016, 13:44 (Ref:3641750)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Really bad luck for Ricciardo.
Old 15 May 2016, 13:45 (Ref:3641751)   #36
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Old 15 May 2016, 13:46 (Ref:3641752)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Max Vestappen. The youngest F1 winner ever.
Old 15 May 2016, 13:48 (Ref:3641753)   #38
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
18 years old! What a podium this will be!
What an interesting day for F1. Historical
on a lot of levels.
Old 15 May 2016, 13:48 (Ref:3641754)   #39
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes! go Max!
Old 15 May 2016, 13:49 (Ref:3641755)   #40
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
What a debut.
Old 15 May 2016, 13:53 (Ref:3641757)   #41
bobec
Racer

A great race after all. Verstappen has been showing some stunning car control and now gets his fully deserved win. They way he stayed ahead and nursed those tires is insane. Hope he continues developing as a driver and as a person and stays confident while not becoming too cocky. It will be interesting to see how he adapts to the new formula next year compared to the other drivers.
Old 15 May 2016, 13:54 (Ref:3641758)   #42
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
what a stint. how do you extract so much performance in a car you have never raced before???

really really special.
Old 15 May 2016, 14:06 (Ref:3641764)   #43
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Amazing result for Max, such composure from this young man..I am delighted with this result ..😊😊
Old 15 May 2016, 14:13 (Ref:3641766)   #44
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Amazing result for Max. Congratulations.
Old 15 May 2016, 14:28 (Ref:3641771)   #45
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I said some things about this chap when he entered in F1... But not exactly because it was him, but it hampered the entirety of the drivers then... But well, a perfect publicity stunt for Red Bull. Congrats Max.
Old 15 May 2016, 14:44 (Ref:3641777)   #46
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant performance by Max as he soaked up the pressure from Raikkonen beautifully. Have to say though I think Red Bull "helped" him a little with putting Ricciardo on that strategy.

That said you have to get yourself in that position by doing the best you can which he did.
Old 15 May 2016, 14:54 (Ref:3641779)   #47
bobec
Racer

Formula 1 needed this
Old 15 May 2016, 14:56 (Ref:3641781)   #48
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Amazing result for Max.

The Hamiburg Collective sent themselves down the wrong road, in a heap. Their collective IQ would be a number lower then Max's age.
Old 15 May 2016, 15:26 (Ref:3641791)   #49
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Lewis had momentum and already had a wheel alongside when Rosberg moved. I must be watching a different replay to some folk and I'm not even a Hamilton fan!
Check out 2014 Bahrain

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 15 May 2016, 15:51 (Ref:3641798)   #50
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
What a race, proves that F1 can be fun and exciting and close racing, ok if the first lap incident had not happened then the race would have been for minor positions but who cares best race for years