Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Dec 2005, 10:20 (Ref:1477229)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
#16 Pescarolo has retired to the museum........

I see from an article on Infoscourse.org that the #16 Pescarolo which finished second at Le Mans this year has found a new home in the Museum at the circuit.

Which set me thinking about Henri's plans for 2006.........

How many chassis do the team own? I thought it was just the two, and if that's the case, what are Henri's plans for 2006. One hybrid, new equipment or a non appearance in LMS/Le Mans in 2006? If it's the latter, does this perhaps signal an immediate start of a partnership with Peugeot and the development of the new Peugeot LMP1?

Any thoughts?
Old 5 Dec 2005, 10:40 (Ref:1477250)   #2
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wouldn’t be sure that if it’s really the original C60 # 16 unless anyone verified the chassis to bet the correct one. Could probably be also a showcar with C60 bodywork. Or it’s only parked there during the winter month as Henri needs some space in his garage.
Old 5 Dec 2005, 11:01 (Ref:1477282)   #3
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauer 962
It wouldn’t be sure that if it’s really the original C60 # 16 unless anyone verified the chassis to bet the correct one. Could probably be also a showcar with C60 bodywork. Or it’s only parked there during the winter month as Henri needs some space in his garage.
That's definitely not what is implied in the article. It will be a permanent exhibit in the Museum, and the article even details some of the history of this particular chassis. Unless I've misunderstood parts of the article in translation, it is 'the #16', not a spare/replica made up of old components with a #16 stuck on the side.

The Infoscourse article is here.
Old 5 Dec 2005, 11:14 (Ref:1477293)   #4
Dauer 962
Veteran

It wouldn’t be the first chassis which is showed in the Le Mans that only has “famous” bodywork. From time to time they have Le Mans winner cars on display which have only the bodywork mounted on an “infamous” chassis. Therefore I would be careful unless the chassis no. isn’t verified to be the correct one. For sure they wouldn’t announce as moke up with famous bodywork only.

Beside this chassis question, I guess Pescarolo will continue with his C60. As he will be involved into the Peugeot project somehow, it wouldn’t make much sense build a new car only for 2006.
Old 5 Dec 2005, 11:34 (Ref:1477305)   #5
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Autosport (yes, I know, something often short of the font of all knowledge) several weeks ago reported that Pescarolo would persist with the C60H in 06, and was actively seeking a new chassis to replace the No 17 "destroyed" at Le Mans. Finding a C60 shouldn't be impossible - the Saturn one I assume is still for sale (it not having shown up as rumoured this year) and the Courage works outfit could probably part with one of theirs. So - could this hint at the precise provenance of whatever's showing up in the museum?

Given they've got a brace of automatic invitations back to Le Mans having a dormant '06 doesn't seem to add up for me. Okay, they're unlikely to be turned away given their nationality, the personality of Henri himself, and their performance last time out, but having the two invites now means they can do an awful lot of preparatory work in terms of setting the budget, allowing them to further develop the car and build on their LMES title.

Finally - is it a done deal that Pescarolo will have a link with Peugeot? Last I heard Peugeot were very much at pains to deny that that would be the case.
Old 5 Dec 2005, 21:19 (Ref:1477732)   #6
jaymann
Rookie

jaymann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't post very often, but it should be noted that for the last few years there has been a Pescarolo show car present at the Carrefour supermarket in the Le Mans town centre. May'be this is what has found its way into the musuem.
Old 5 Dec 2005, 22:10 (Ref:1477779)   #7
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had the same thought as jaymann !!!!!
Old 6 Dec 2005, 15:57 (Ref:1478321)   #8
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first Pescarolo C60 chassis was first tested in November... 2000. They received the second one for Le Mans and have been running those 2 ever since (numbers 03 and 04?). Might be time for a move forward. Henri has stated he wants to keep on running an hybrid, but if he has to buy chassis to replace his museum and crashed (how crashed is it?) ones, they should be new spec cars. Courage might have a hard time supplying all the bits, but the bodywork, gearbox and all systems form the proven Le Mans pole-sitting C60 can used and would only need small adaptations...

The purchase of a tired car for what surely is the best part of a new car's price by the ACO and probably the local government is a nice tap in the back after a nice year...
Old 11 Feb 2006, 22:46 (Ref:1520586)   #9
Dauer 962
Veteran

The mystery about the replacement of the Pescarolo chassis which is now on display in the Le Mans museum is solved.

An Infoscourses article states that Pescarolo has purchased the C60 chassis from Spanish Team Saturn, which should be chassis # 1
Old 11 Feb 2006, 23:46 (Ref:1520615)   #10
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Courage told me couple of weeks ago that pesca are definatley not using a C70 this year, and are persisting with the C60-H's. They also flatly denied any link with Pug, commenting 'wish we did!'.

So we may only see one pesca this year & two works C70's.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 08:50 (Ref:1520739)   #11
Laurent
Rookie

France
20 km away from Paris (France)
Laurent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauer 962
The mystery about the replacement of the Pescarolo chassis which is now on display in the Le Mans museum is solved.

An Infoscourses article states that Pescarolo has purchased the C60 chassis from Spanish Team Saturn, which should be chassis # 1
No, no, no. I think you don't have understood correctly my article. Pescarolo has purchased a new tub from Courage Compétition. They've had some negociations with Saturn, but they didn't make the deal.

Henri's goal is still to have two cars on the grid in june. He also hopes to enter on car for a full Le Mans Series program.

I promise we're going to offer this article to you in english very soon, but I need someone to check my translation... Usually, Bentley03 does this job, but yet, he's not available. I need to find someone else to help me !
Old 12 Feb 2006, 09:00 (Ref:1520740)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok... so can we at least confirm that Sebastian Loeb is coming back to Le Mans??
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Feb 2006, 09:52 (Ref:1520777)   #13
Laurent
Rookie

France
Nothing's confirmed yet regarding any of the drivers...
Old 12 Feb 2006, 10:10 (Ref:1520793)   #14
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have heard that Memo Gidley from the USA is in the frame for a ride with Pesca. Any thing behind that?

Pretty sure Leob would be on Peugeots list of drivers for the upcoming LMP so another crack this year would help with that prep.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 10:45 (Ref:1520810)   #15
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
Pretty sure Leob would be on Peugeots list of drivers for the upcoming LMP so another crack this year would help with that prep.
I can't see that happening. Remember that Leob is a Citroen man and I know that Peugeot are Citroen 's sister company. So I can't see Citroen wanting there man to win a Peugoet, it might not be good for business, if you know what I mean.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 10:49 (Ref:1520811)   #16
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent
I need someone to check my translation... Usually, Bentley03 does this job, but yet, he's not available. I need to find someone else to help me !
I could give it a try, no probs.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 11:03 (Ref:1520820)   #17
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
In a nutshell, Laurent's article states that after selling one of the two hybrids to the LM museum, Henri was looking to purchase a C60 to hybridise for 2006. Infoscourse got Pescarolo in touch with Saturn but the deal did not go through so Henri purchased a C60 from Courage directly. After hybridisation of this new C60 we can expect to see 2 Pescas at LM and one in the LMS. Drivers still unconfirmed.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 17:48 (Ref:1521080)   #18
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I bet Ayari aint one of them !!

So , the Pescarolo is still basically a Courage C60 .
Old 12 Feb 2006, 18:31 (Ref:1521127)   #19
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
but I am sure Ayari's car must be the one Henri sold to the museum (or whatever was left of it....)
Old 12 Feb 2006, 20:10 (Ref:1521222)   #20
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I wonder what Henri thought about it all . Having a world rally champion in his car and one of his other boys trying to rally it ?

I bet Loeb was having a giggle !!!
Old 12 Feb 2006, 20:15 (Ref:1521227)   #21
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
but I am sure Ayari's car must be the one Henri sold to the museum (or whatever was left of it....)
hé hé hé...
Old 12 Feb 2006, 22:35 (Ref:1521358)   #22
Laurent
Rookie

France
Thanks to Brielga , the article in english in now on line!
Old 25 Feb 2006, 14:18 (Ref:1531341)   #23
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anybody knows which chassis Pescarolo purchased from Courage (the ex-works car?)

Also wondering why Pescarolo didn't buy a LC70..
Old 25 Feb 2006, 14:57 (Ref:1531349)   #24
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mulsanes Corner says its a new chassis
Old 25 Feb 2006, 16:04 (Ref:1531369)   #25
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80
Mulsanes Corner says its a new chassis
Mike said that it is a new carbon tub. That "can" be a new chassis. But that must not be a new chassis.

Interesting game with words.