Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 18 Jul 2020, 10:53 (Ref:3989204)   #726
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
They are football fans ;-)

Sean
Could explain things, but still suspect it is an old photo
Old 18 Jul 2020, 10:59 (Ref:3989207)   #727
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wouldn't surprise me. Probably typical journalistic 'licence', we've seen enough disgraceful journalism over the last 4 months...
Old 18 Jul 2020, 13:48 (Ref:3989240)   #728
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Come on guys give me an ounce of credit. That photo was taken yesterday I promise you.

There are more on the internet.

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...?adppopup=true
Old 18 Jul 2020, 13:53 (Ref:3989244)   #729
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes understood, but I'm pondering because mine are a package with Travel Destinations which covers the campsite, chunnel etc. As I said their locations (they have two) are actually outside the boundary of the track. I suspect that they will seek access to Maison Blanche since that is the nearest entrance. Will wait and see.
Update, looking at the map it seems I'll be in the orange zone.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 14:33 (Ref:3989255)   #730
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was indeed a picture taken yesterday at Parc de Princes, i think i can be trusted on that. Crowds are limited to 5,000...i guess perhaps they didn't factor in that around 2,000 would all go and sit together behind the goal!
Old 18 Jul 2020, 15:20 (Ref:3989261)   #731
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The picture, and associated situation, has been covered extensively in football media. It appears that the upper limit on numbers is not aligned with a social distancing requirement.

I'm not sure of the full justification (there are genuine experts who will be), but I expect the logic to be that contact- tracing 5,000 people who were all registered as attending is easier than doing it for 81,000.

There seems to be a growing acceptance that we (citizens) can increase our range of activities, because other control measures are in place to mitigate the risk. The risk is still there though, it's just a continual balancing act between the old normal and finding a new normal that doesn't cause the 'R' rate to get too high.

For Le Mans, the same approach seems to be in place. In effect, they have ten different groups of 5,000. Each group is separated, and can be treated as being at seperate events. Those events are all in proximity to the same sporting activity...
Old 18 Jul 2020, 19:52 (Ref:3989289)   #732
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Post #662.
I was hoping for a higher resolution.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 20:53 (Ref:3989296)   #733
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The French minister of health reports a triple increase of covid 19 in departement Mayenne........ That departement is extremely close to Le Mans. And with a lot of people going on holidays I hold my breath for when they come back.
Meanwhile my only concern is: what village is ACO gonna put me in? boy do I have problems.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 21:05 (Ref:3989300)   #734
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Sorry, I haven't been able to find one.
Old 19 Jul 2020, 05:37 (Ref:3989384)   #735
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Magic indeed..... I find that photo very strange indeed. I thought our French friends were being a lot more careful than this....
That's a theory Andrew! We have a trip running from La Baie de Somme to Alsace and everywhere lot of people don't care especially along the beaches. At Berckplage all the people were behaving as usual : blues on the queues to get an icecream or a sandwich, to enter in the shops.......Amazing like if they had already forgotten tthe lockdown!!!!!

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 19 Jul 2020, 06:55 (Ref:3989390)   #736
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
cant find it anywhere but here:

https://www.krejser.dk/rejser/le-man...mber-2020.aspx

and it is still a bad resolution.

Edit: I have asked Krejser for at copy of there original.

Last edited by kpkorsager; 19 Jul 2020 at 07:06.
Old 19 Jul 2020, 07:18 (Ref:3989393)   #737
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
That's a theory Andrew! We have a trip running from La Baie de Somme to Alsace and everywhere lot of people don't care especially along the beaches. At Berckplage all the people were behaving as usual : blues on the queues to get an icecream or a sandwich, to enter in the shops.......Amazing like if they had already forgotten tthe lockdown!!!!!

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
AS always people hate to be told what to do, it may settle down and people start to accept the new normal, but we will see, here in UK we are due to have masks compulsory in supermarkets in 5 days but very few actually were wearing them yesterday.
Old 19 Jul 2020, 10:12 (Ref:3989416)   #738
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On a more serious note I got my tent out yesterday to see if it was easy to erect. It was so now looking forward even more to the event.

Actually I like the three day "festival" approach too. From Thursday morning through to the end of the race there are very few gaps. I'm coming back on the Monday so Sunday afternoon may be a bit slow.

Aaaand, I found my old stove top espresso pot so pretty much all kitted out now.
Old 19 Jul 2020, 10:25 (Ref:3989421)   #739
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Usually each year i buy something for the camping, new tent, table, chair, gazebo sleeping bag, fold out bed, camp lights, cooker, cool box or what but this year not had a chance to buy anything. Still time i know but suspect i will not really be taking anything new. Might be taking more supplies down this year as not sure we will be visiting supermarket very often, as said it will be a very different trip this year and the reduced length of trip and things at the circuit everyday means we will not be venturing out very much.
Old 19 Jul 2020, 10:40 (Ref:3989429)   #740
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Might be taking more supplies down this year as not sure we will be visiting supermarket very often, as said it will be a very different trip this year and the reduced length of trip and things at the circuit everyday means we will not be venturing out very much.
Yes, Unless they change things, the campsite has a bar and cafe so not really necessary to take food but will probably pick up some wine and beer on the way. I think my "village" has only Porsche curves for track viewing but at least parts of it are over the fencing.
Old 19 Jul 2020, 10:57 (Ref:3989433)   #741
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I am hoping we will have somewhere to buy bread close by, think there is a bread shop the other side of rouge parking if we can get out of the village. If not and we are allowed a walk/cycle towards town (if someone takes a bike (Vince?) might be required
Old 19 Jul 2020, 11:41 (Ref:3989445)   #742
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Are you assuming you won't be able to get your car out?
Old 19 Jul 2020, 11:47 (Ref:3989448)   #743
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Are you assuming you won't be able to get your car out?
The villages are there so we can not mix attending the track action. It is not a prison .
Old 19 Jul 2020, 11:51 (Ref:3989450)   #744
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Not sure that the authorities will be happy if we stay in the village's and then take every opportunity to mix outside, i think there may be restrictions yes
Old 19 Jul 2020, 11:56 (Ref:3989452)   #745
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Not sure that the authorities will be happy if we stay in the village's and then take every opportunity to mix outside, i think there may be restrictions yes
Think F1 biosphere.
Old 19 Jul 2020, 12:11 (Ref:3989455)   #746
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i think they may provide somewhere within each village to buy some basic supplies, but not sure.
Old 19 Jul 2020, 12:16 (Ref:3989457)   #747
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
That won't work for those who aren't camping. They can't lock us in.....

Quote:
i think they may provide somewhere within each village to buy some basic supplies, but not sure.
I don't think you'll find any 'shops' as such within the villages unless there are some enterprising locals who see the chance to make a Euro or two....
Old 19 Jul 2020, 12:18 (Ref:3989459)   #748
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I think those not camping may be in different villages but not sure exactly how that works with some containing campsites and car parks, we will know more soon i hope
Old 19 Jul 2020, 12:23 (Ref:3989463)   #749
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, it's all very much up in the air until the ACO send out the guidance/instructions....or we get some more snippets from the ticket agencies....
Old 19 Jul 2020, 12:58 (Ref:3989471)   #750
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I think each village will have some facilities and food stalls but if the ACO want to keep people at the circuit then basic supplies like bread etc may be available at a unit within each village, with 5000 people they should all be able to pay for them selves
Closed Thread