Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jul 2020, 09:42 (Ref:3989920)   #776
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Really hope they cap the tickets and extend the villages! Having so few spectators, and still imposing those limits would be tough to swallow.
It would make far more sense to keep the 10 villages and spread the 25000 over the ten. Having said that, reducing the number of villages could mean taking out some of the worst ones. But knowing our luck, they'd reduce the 'good' ones. 25k does seem very low, even taking into account the many who will have decided to pass this year and the lack of ticket sales at the circuit which mean that the 'casual' local spectators won't be going. I still think there is a lot still to be announced and learned....
Old 21 Jul 2020, 09:43 (Ref:3989921)   #777
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sooo, just tried to renew my membership via the website and keep getting a dead link. I phoned the membership line and was told that the staff are available between 08:30am and 18:00 hrs Monday to Friday. Nobody home sadly.......
Old 21 Jul 2020, 09:50 (Ref:3989927)   #778
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Sooo, just tried to renew my membership via the website and keep getting a dead link. I phoned the membership line and was told that the staff are available between 08:30am and 18:00 hrs Monday to Friday. Nobody home sadly.......
I was told their best time was between 12 noon and 1 pm French time. The website is a dead loss.

If all else fails, email Hélène or Marine here -

clubaco@lemans.org
Old 21 Jul 2020, 10:07 (Ref:3989936)   #779
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I left a message and a very nice lady called and said, "listen very carefully I shall say zis only weernce".

Membership renewed.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 10:50 (Ref:3989943)   #780
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Good work Peter!
Old 21 Jul 2020, 11:12 (Ref:3989949)   #781
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Well, I left a message and a very nice lady called and said, "listen very carefully I shall say zis only weernce".

Membership renewed.
Ok Peter you have made contact with the resistance, the escape committee will be "very interestied" to hear that. Please say Hello hello if hear from her again.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 11:14 (Ref:3989950)   #782
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
We may even take advantage of Herr Gruber's liddel tank. (Was watching Dram TV last night).
Old 21 Jul 2020, 11:19 (Ref:3989951)   #783
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't want to be negatieve, but with numbers increasing in Belgium and parts of France and no doubt more to come after the holidays were cruising to a LM 24 with zero spectators.
Trying to be positieve but from 50000 to 25000 in one week says it all.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 11:22 (Ref:3989952)   #784
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
We may even take advantage of Herr Gruber's liddel tank. (Was watching Dram TV last night).
i suspect there are some on here that have no idea what we are talking about Peter, but yes i to have been watching some of the repeats on tv. Still very funny
Old 21 Jul 2020, 11:36 (Ref:3989954)   #785
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
I don't want to be negatieve, but with numbers increasing in Belgium and parts of France and no doubt more to come after the holidays were cruising to a LM 24 with zero spectators.
I can't find that Fillon quote on AutoHebdo. Can someone point me to it?
Old 21 Jul 2020, 13:15 (Ref:3989965)   #786
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I am sure everyone high up is doing their upmost to make sure the race goes ahead with fans. They probably don't want to take chances either though, which is probably where Fillon is coming from. If that's what he meant
Old 21 Jul 2020, 13:22 (Ref:3989970)   #787
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i think they have had a higher number of people either asking for refund or transfer to 2021 than they expected so hoping that numbers will be closer to 25k now.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 13:52 (Ref:3989976)   #788
pinkdigital
Rookie

pinkdigital should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
There is a large outbreak in Mayenne, just down the road from Le Mans. I cannot see it happening more due to it being amongst the general population rather than any LM24 issue.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 13:59 (Ref:3989981)   #789
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, Mayenne is pretty close, I've stopped there quite a few times over the years.

A lot of news about France and the infected areas being too slow to enforce the wearing of masks again.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 17:04 (Ref:3990017)   #790
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Read that in post 771, did not check before posting. Can't find it either.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 17:39 (Ref:3990030)   #791
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think you'll find it's in the printed edition only, Andrew, a lot of their material is not available online without subscription.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 17:44 (Ref:3990033)   #792
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK, I get that, but as significant statements go, I'm surprised it's not reported somewhere online....
Old 21 Jul 2020, 17:46 (Ref:3990034)   #793
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
OK, I get that, but as significant statements go, I'm surprised it's not reported somewhere online....
Could as well be a hoax.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 18:45 (Ref:3990045)   #794
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, the proposal to divide the spectator areas into stand alone villages was, as far as I'm aware, only ever mentioned in an article on the Ouest France website as a subscribers only article on 26th June, but it turned out to be 100% correct.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 18:50 (Ref:3990046)   #795
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well we can all speculate but at the moment we must assume that we will be divided into 10 villages but that is about all we know for sure
Old 21 Jul 2020, 19:13 (Ref:3990051)   #796
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've no doubt there will be plenty more speculation over the next month or so...
Old 21 Jul 2020, 20:44 (Ref:3990067)   #797
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well not much else to do
Old 22 Jul 2020, 09:43 (Ref:3990129)   #798
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If I must prove what I write :
"ACO has confirmed what we have revealed at the beginning of this month, that rare expected spectators (25,000 who have already bought their tickets, but a race without spectators is not excluded yet) won't be able to circulate freely around the circuit".
Attached Thumbnails
Capture du 2020-07-22 11-21-11.png  
Old 22 Jul 2020, 09:45 (Ref:3990130)   #799
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That's absolutely fine. Hopefully spectators will be able to go. Annoying for them there will be restrictions, but precautions sometimes need to be taken
Old 22 Jul 2020, 09:48 (Ref:3990135)   #800
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
If I must prove what I write :
"ACO has confirmed what we have revealed at the beginning of this month, that rare expected spectators (25,000 who have already bought their tickets, but a race without spectators is not excluded yet) won't be able to circulate freely around the circuit".
Sorry Pascal, I wasn't doubting you.... So that refers to the 25,000 who have already bought tickets? That seems a very low number to me. It would suggest that a huge number of tickets have been returned or deferred until next year.

As I read the rest, there is nothing there that we don't already know, other than the 25,000 figure....