Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Jul 2013, 10:20 (Ref:3282213)   #26
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely Sauber should understand that Gutierrez has been a failure. Plus, Sirotkin isn't a dead cert. He'll be 18. That's too young.

Frijns and Hulkenberg would be an epic line-up, but I'm pretty sure the line-up will have 1 driver for skills and 1 for money, just like we had with Perez (money) and Kobayashi. It's just lucky that Perez was so rapid.

Frijns/Sirotkin
Frijns/Gutierrez
Hulkenberg/Sirotkin
Hulkenberg/Gutierrez

They're the 4 I can see happening.
Old 27 Jul 2013, 21:45 (Ref:3282519)   #27
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
That's Mr Ricciardo's seat, for when Mr Raikkonen takes #2 at RBR...
Seriously doubt that somehow, Ricciardo will stay at STR.
Old 27 Jul 2013, 22:08 (Ref:3282527)   #28
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Plus, Sirotkin isn't a dead cert. He'll be 18. That's too young.
Whilst he is young, he has competed in more races than the likes of Raikkonen (I'm not saying that Sirotkin is the equal of Raikkonen, though). Therefore, if given enough track time, I see no reason why an eighteen year old could not theoretically do a half decent job in F1.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 03:40 (Ref:3282638)   #29
PepsiVodka
Rookie

Canada
Grande Prairie
PepsiVodka is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Well he did win a Renault 3.5 championship and is capable of winning races so I wouldn't see any reason to not try this out and also since he has no money maybe Sauber could get away with offering a cheaper offer that gives Frijns Job stability (hard to find in F1) it would be really low to do that but that's how most money related sports work :/
Old 28 Jul 2013, 07:18 (Ref:3282695)   #30
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I cannot fathom Nico walking away from a race seat, having already sat on the sidelines for a year. If he's in line for Massa's seat, good on him, but spend the 4 months over winter to get used to the Ferrari, don't throw away your current drive.

I don't see Massa being replaced mid-season. He SHOULD be. But Ferrari are too loyal to him.

I don't see Frijns, who can't even get a drive in GP2 (which is ridiculous) suddenly jumping up to the (currently) 5th fastest team in F1. What with the pacesetters from last season Razia and Valsecchi not even with drives and Bianca in the slowest team. He simply hasn't done a good enough job in GP2 in 2013. That one win was what he should be doing, but Lancaster's had a couple and is vastly less experienced. Frijns has struggled in some of the other races, being way down the grid, and hasn't been able to manage his tyres well at all, which is important for F1.

Still, the time is better than any I guess; if you can have Bottas going from Gp3 to F1 and succeeding, then Frijns from WSR champion to F1 works.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 08:38 (Ref:3282732)   #31
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else reckon Ferrari will keep Massa in for as long as it takes to get Raffaele Marciello into their team? Cos there's really no other reason.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 08:48 (Ref:3282736)   #32
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Anyone else reckon Ferrari will keep Massa in for as long as it takes to get Raffaele Marciello into their team? Cos there's really no other reason.
Keep Alonso happy, and Massa is at least as good as all the replacements that have been proposed, why bother changing?
Old 28 Jul 2013, 10:56 (Ref:3282773)   #33
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Keep Alonso happy, and Massa is at least as good as all the replacements that have been proposed, why bother changing?
... and that second Ferrari seat is only suitable for a compliant number 2... which is what Massa is. I can't remember the last time anyone other than a clear number 2 was sat there. Massa's replacement is likely to be more of the same.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 11:08 (Ref:3282781)   #34
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'd be surprised as I think that there are more competitive drivers out there other than Massa; whilst Marciello is likely to be a number of years being ready to step into a Ferrari F1 car.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 12:59 (Ref:3282805)   #35
PepsiVodka
Rookie

Canada
Grande Prairie
PepsiVodka is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Of course they will. Even though Massa isn't consistent he still would give Ferrari more of a long term advantage then De La Rosa or Marciello.