Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Aug 2010, 17:46 (Ref:2740531)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
HSCC Oulton Park Gold Cup 28-30th Aug

Only 3 weeks away! Who's going? Will be my first race on the circuit, entered in Legend's SM Trophy. Hopefully good practice for TB a couple of weeks later!

Provisional timetable here

Old 6 Aug 2010, 17:54 (Ref:2740537)   #2
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Only 3 weeks away! Who's going? Will be my first race on the circuit, entered in Legend's SM Trophy. Hopefully good practice for TB a couple of weeks later!

Provisional timetable here

I am going and I am sooo looking forward to it
Oulton is my favorite track and I like the Gold Cup a lot, a suberb event.

Lotus 18 with HGPCA
Ralt RT1 in CF3

Rudolf
Old 6 Aug 2010, 18:01 (Ref:2740543)   #3
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm entered (I think - not had confirmation) for the GT Guards Trophy race. Its my local track, lost track of how many times I've watched it on the other side of the fence. Will be surreal being a driver!
Old 6 Aug 2010, 18:20 (Ref:2740557)   #4
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went for the first time last year but just for the BH Monday, not competing just watching - an amazing meeting - so have booked to stay over for both days this year. Will have to get an extra memory card (or two) for the camera judging by the number of shots I took last year! Looking forward to it.

Gary

P.s. Off topic - anyone at a loose end this weekend 7th / 8th Aug - HSCC are at Croft my local circuit (combined with the Croft Nostalgia weekend).
Old 7 Aug 2010, 15:16 (Ref:2740966)   #5
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
They have cancelled Pre War race so have pulled other cars.Its now back for Chelsea Pensioner thing at Royal Hospital 5/9 followed by Tour Britannia,CER Silverstone,Spa ,Ricard,Algarve and then back to Golf.
Next year seems its Pre 63,Tours Auto ,Britannia,Three Castles and that Austrian thing!Couple of Pre Wars so if anyone wants some expensive Historic Chevrons and Harry Harrington shout?Although think Harry is taken.
To rally is the answer!
Old 8 Aug 2010, 11:42 (Ref:2741325)   #6
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
Mike, regarding the Gold Cup have you had confirmation by email or post yet? I sent my form in a couple of weeks ago and have not heard anything - when I called them they said my form had been accepted but sounded a bit sketchy to say the least!
Old 8 Aug 2010, 18:27 (Ref:2741451)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Simon, all I have is confirmation from Legends sent in April when put in entries for particular races with them. As you are in Guards I guess you aren't going to know until HSCC finalise their entry lists.

Good luck and hope to see you there.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 20:36 (Ref:2741567)   #8
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
Ah yes, course. What are you bringing out to play with at Oulton, Mike?
Old 9 Aug 2010, 04:42 (Ref:2741713)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by skentellytubby View Post
Ah yes, course. What are you bringing out to play with at Oulton, Mike?

The Plus 4 being a 1959 car slots in to SM Trophy since they opened it to Pre '61 sports and GT this year. Hoping that HP Tyres get a new supply of 15" L's this week otherwise will be racing on semi-slicks!

Old 9 Aug 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2741879)   #10
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I too have put an entry in for the invitation class HRS (FIA MGB). It will be my 5th race so hopefully edging closer to losing the novice cross. Rather trepid to be honest as every time I have ever watched anything at Oulton it is always *issing down and it seems quite a tricky circuit to learn. However, if I get accepted I am looking forward to it enormously
Old 9 Aug 2010, 13:18 (Ref:2741886)   #11
don 1
Rookie

don 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to the GOLD CUP 2010, one of the best meetings of the year.

See you all there.

DON 1
Old 9 Aug 2010, 21:59 (Ref:2742172)   #12
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick JM View Post
I too have put an entry in for the invitation class HRS (FIA MGB). It will be my 5th race so hopefully edging closer to losing the novice cross. Rather trepid to be honest as every time I have ever watched anything at Oulton it is always *issing down and it seems quite a tricky circuit to learn. However, if I get accepted I am looking forward to it enormously
Druids. Wet. That's all you need to know!

It'll be fun in a 'B', every time I've practiced there in mine its lashed it down! It'll be my 5th race too.

Come over and say hello, I'll be as nervous as you.

07793 888137

Cheers
Simon
Old 10 Aug 2010, 10:35 (Ref:2742386)   #13
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Drink

You're on! Beer Sat night too!
Old 11 Aug 2010, 14:53 (Ref:2743071)   #14
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
It'll be fun in a 'B', every time I've practiced there in mine its lashed it down! It'll be my 5th race too.

Did you say "practiced there"? That implies you have a degree of previous with the circuit...Maybe I'll only buy you half a pint then!

Mine's a green @b with black roof (still have not had my confirmation yet, only an acknowledgement that they have received the entry)
07949 192 562
Old 18 Aug 2010, 07:08 (Ref:2746422)   #15
Newall Andy
Rookie

Newall Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
They have cancelled Pre War race so have pulled other cars.Its now back for Chelsea Pensioner thing at Royal Hospital 5/9 followed by Tour Britannia,CER Silverstone,Spa ,Ricard,Algarve and then back to Golf.
Next year seems its Pre 63,Tours Auto ,Britannia,Three Castles and that Austrian thing!Couple of Pre Wars so if anyone wants some expensive Historic Chevrons and Harry Harrington shout?Although think Harry is taken.
To rally is the answer!
Shame about Oulton... will I ever get to race against your B8 ?.

Andy.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 07:46 (Ref:2746434)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Warm, welcome Andy!

You need to talk John out of selling it first! I'm doing my best because I want him to go back to defend the Autosport 3 hours win at Snetterton, next year!
Old 18 Aug 2010, 20:19 (Ref:2746770)   #17
Newall Andy
Rookie

Newall Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Warm, welcome Andy!

You need to talk John out of selling it first! I'm doing my best because I want him to go back to defend the Autosport 3 hours win at Snetterton, next year!
He wont sell it... hes only just got it back !... he knows a good car when he sees one. Top bloke with an eye for a good motor.
Still like to blow his doors off whoever he puts in it... LOL
Old 18 Aug 2010, 20:25 (Ref:2746774)   #18
bigvalveelan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Gaunts Common, Wimborne
bigvalveelan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be at the Gold Cup on Saturday and Sunday for the HRS in my '63 Elan (Green w/white stripes) #46. It's been a while since I raced and I don't seem to have covered many laps this season so hoping for a good result.

It doesn't rain on the Sunday at Oulton - that's reserved for bank holiday Monday!

Look forward to seeing you there.

Paul (Tooms)
Old 21 Aug 2010, 15:05 (Ref:2747992)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We have the Lotus 17 in Stirling Moss ,Nicks MGB and ive just had a call to drive my freinds Delta in Historic FF2000 race. Going to be a buisy Monday and a long drive home.
Old 21 Aug 2010, 17:53 (Ref:2748049)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
We have the Lotus 17 in Stirling Moss ,Nicks MGB and ive just had a call to drive my freinds Delta in Historic FF2000 race. Going to be a buisy Monday and a long drive home.
Iain, if you are in the 17 can you please attach delta flag to the roll bar so's I can see you behind me- the thing is so low- can just about see it when Jim is driving but......

As am on my tod for the event have spare tickets. Any Tenthers wanting to spectate, or other worthy cause pm me. They are valid all 3 days.

Old 21 Aug 2010, 18:58 (Ref:2748062)   #21
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
.... Any Tenthers wanting to spectate, or other worthy cause pm me. They are valid all 3 days.

Ouch! I've just bought a weekend ticket.
Old 21 Aug 2010, 19:36 (Ref:2748074)   #22
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Ouch! I've just bought a weekend ticket.
Sorry about that Gary- just got my allocation and worked out how may were spare! After all your good work at Croft would have gladly helped out. Offer still there if you can get a refund!
Old 22 Aug 2010, 07:02 (Ref:2748230)   #23
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Quote:
Sorry about that Gary- just got my allocation and worked out how may were spare! After all your good work at Croft would have gladly helped out. Offer still there if you can get a refund!
No problem Mike, quite happy to pay to watch historic racing anytime. I'll make sure that I take some photos of your car and will endeavour to pop across and say 'hello'. Good luck with the car - and the same to all Tenthers who will be competing!

Gary
Old 22 Aug 2010, 13:49 (Ref:2748302)   #24
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just lets us all know when you intend to come any of the race meetings Gary. We normally have spare tickets.Send a PM in future.
Old 22 Aug 2010, 17:15 (Ref:2748402)   #25
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Thanks Iain, will bear that in mind in future. Looks like you have a busy meeting coming up! Best of luck.

Gary