Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Nov 2013, 02:38 (Ref:3332026)   #126
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
This probably explains Perez's departure better than any other reason:

http://grandprix247.com/2013/11/15/r...a-team-player/
Old 16 Nov 2013, 06:21 (Ref:3332057)   #127
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
This probably explains Perez's departure better than any other reason:

http://grandprix247.com/2013/11/15/r...a-team-player/
More alternative opinion. Ramirez is as much a Mclaren.man as a Mexican.

If he'd had a winning car noone would be bothered. Mark the day when we see an F1 driver with an undercontrol ego!

It's done now, let's see if he can rescue his career in another team or becomes the topic of different threads like Unfulfilled talents or Overrated drivers.
Old 16 Nov 2013, 07:26 (Ref:3332064)   #128
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It just goes to show that a driver demonstrating leadership and the human aspect of getting a team behind you is so important. Drivers like Button really excel in this area, when a lot of the younger guys like Perez, Pastor "I'm too good for Williams" Maldonado and Paul "whinge whinge whinge it's not my fault" di Resta are so far off base when it comes to rallying the troops.
Old 16 Nov 2013, 07:35 (Ref:3332067)   #129
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"Magnusson Is A Risk" - Button

Maybe McLaren arent super concerned with constructor championship income next season... or they think they have a world beater car (designed by the builder of the 2012 chassis?) and will street the field anyway?

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 16 Nov 2013, 09:02 (Ref:3332081)   #130
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Hulkenberg quoted as being disappointed that McLaren had been speaking to him but didn't as Magnussen was signed. Definitely think Hulkenberg was the no brainer choice over Kevin.
I'm not sure Hulkenberg can deliver the same quality of technological development as Kevin can.
Kevin know the team, the mechanics, the car and will therefor be able to give much better data back, when he has raced the first races. Something very important for the in-season development race!
Old 16 Nov 2013, 09:10 (Ref:3332082)   #131
p-matt
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I'm not sure Hulkenberg can deliver the same quality of technological development as Kevin can.
Kevin know the team, the mechanics, the car and will therefor be able to give much better data back, when he has raced the first races. Something very important for the in-season development race!
In that case Ferrari should have kept Massa. He knows the team better than Kimi does

I don't agree with you - Hulkenberg has years of experience in F1 over Kevin. And Button has stressed how critical experience will be this winter. It's not like Nico doesn't know what it's like to get familiar with a new team quickly either.
Old 16 Nov 2013, 13:43 (Ref:3332132)   #132
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
In that case Ferrari should have kept Massa. He knows the team better than Kimi does

I don't agree with you - Hulkenberg has years of experience in F1 over Kevin. And Button has stressed how critical experience will be this winter. It's not like Nico doesn't know what it's like to get familiar with a new team quickly either.
He knows the team better, yes, but is terrible slow

Hulkenberg got the experince from years in F1, and is used to change to new teams. But Magnussen knows McLaren, he knows the Simulator, and can therefor be very usefull in the simulation based development of the cars. This will take longer for Hulkenberg.
Also, Hulkenberg isn't as big a talent as Magnussen. (I'm not saying Hulkenberg isn't talented!)
Old 16 Nov 2013, 14:59 (Ref:3332146)   #133
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
He knows the team better, yes, but is terrible slow

Hulkenberg got the experince from years in F1, and is used to change to new teams. But Magnussen knows McLaren, he knows the Simulator, and can therefor be very usefull in the simulation based development of the cars. This will take longer for Hulkenberg.
Also, Hulkenberg isn't as big a talent as Magnussen. (I'm not saying Hulkenberg isn't talented!)
Hulkenburg may not have as much potential as Magnussen (by virtue of being more refined and therefore have less left to 'improve'), but their relative levels of basic talent are unknowable surely?
Old 16 Nov 2013, 16:08 (Ref:3332162)   #134
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Well, by that token, that's true of every driver, ever.
Old 16 Nov 2013, 16:20 (Ref:3332166)   #135
p-matt
Veteran

If you compare up to the stage Magnussen's at, you have to say that Hulkenberg has been much more impressive. He won an F3 title, he won what was probably a tougher series before making his F1 debut, and in his first year too.
Old 16 Nov 2013, 16:31 (Ref:3332172)   #136
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Well, by that token, that's true of every driver, ever.
Indeed
Old 17 Nov 2013, 18:20 (Ref:3332639)   #137
p-matt
Veteran

Most crucially, will Kevin be any good on Tooned?
Old 17 Nov 2013, 20:59 (Ref:3332712)   #138
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Most crucially, will Kevin be any good on Tooned?
He's Danish, so, somewhat like a Finn, just more practical