Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Jan 2020, 16:51 (Ref:3952620)   #1276
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Is number 4 Roddy McPhearson in his Cooper-Bristol? (He always used to be a highlight for me in Historic races in the late 70's early 80's. I was told that his driving style and dress mimicked the original driver of the car back in the day, Ken Wharton i think?).
Quite right Viv on both counts.
Old 21 Jan 2020, 17:08 (Ref:3952622)   #1277
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Quite right Viv on both counts.
At last! Thanks Baub (There's no Mince Pie emoji!)
Old 21 Jan 2020, 17:39 (Ref:3952630)   #1278
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
(There's no Mince Pie emoji!)

To be totally PC, surely you mean that there is no Vegan Sausage Roll emoji!
Old 21 Jan 2020, 19:28 (Ref:3952644)   #1279
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is the B & W picture the Derby Maserati ?
Old 21 Jan 2020, 20:10 (Ref:3952651)   #1280
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Is the B & W picture the Derby Maserati ?
Yes RB, taken at Crystal Palace some time in the early sixties, with a Kodak camera, back in my amateur days
Old 21 Jan 2020, 20:27 (Ref:3952655)   #1281
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any idea as to where it is now or what happend to it?
Old 21 Jan 2020, 21:35 (Ref:3952660)   #1282
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Any idea as to where it is now or what happend to it?
I'm pretty sure it was up for sale sometime in the not too distant past, I remember doing some research on the car after posting it on another site. I expect Google will know all about it.
Old 21 Jan 2020, 21:39 (Ref:3952661)   #1283
bauble
Veteran

England
Hopefully this link will work RB,

https://hyde1841.blogspot.com/2017/0...-maserati.html
Old 21 Jan 2020, 21:49 (Ref:3952663)   #1284
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Seem to remember aTony Ellis dring it in VSCC events many years ago.
Old 22 Jan 2020, 08:13 (Ref:3952687)   #1285
bauble
Veteran

England
Apart from being taken at the Walter Hayes in 2014 I know nothing. Over to the smarty pants brigade.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7603.jpg   IMG_7604.jpg   IMG_7606.JPG  

IMG_7607.jpg   IMG_7608.jpg   IMG_7610.JPG  

Old 22 Jan 2020, 08:20 (Ref:3952688)   #1286
bauble
Veteran

England
A rare visit to Cadwell Park and some odd series.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0006.JPG   _MG_0007.jpg   _MG_0009.jpg  

_MG_0010.jpg   _MG_0015.jpg   _MG_0013.jpg  

Old 22 Jan 2020, 09:24 (Ref:3952696)   #1287
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Re 1285, Some odd motors there,
1 Dallara F305 2, Tatuus Formula Renault, 3 Van Diemen 7 4, Mygale U2, 5, Crossle 57F (36), Crossle 33F (59) 6 Van Diemen RF84.
Old 22 Jan 2020, 10:28 (Ref:3952705)   #1288
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
1 Dallara F305 2, Tatuus Formula Renault, 3 Van Diemen 7 4, Mygale U2, 5, Crossle 57F (36), Crossle 33F (59) 6 Van Diemen RF84.
h! But can you name the cars in post.1286?
Old 22 Jan 2020, 10:33 (Ref:3952706)   #1289
bauble
Veteran

England
This is the historic forum afterall;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0432.jpg   _MG_0433.jpg   _MG_0440.jpg  

_MG_0441.jpg   _MG_0461.jpg   _MG_0446.JPG  

Old 22 Jan 2020, 10:51 (Ref:3952711)   #1290
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
But can you name the cars in post.1286?
C'est l'heure du dernier Métro, tout le monde est pressé…
Old 22 Jan 2020, 11:42 (Ref:3952719)   #1291
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
h! But can you name the cars in post.1286?
3 & 5 are Rover 25's.
Old 22 Jan 2020, 12:12 (Ref:3952722)   #1292
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
3 & 5 are Rover 25's.
They're not Rover 25's.

They all seem to have been taken from the MG Metro Cup event of Aug 2016.

In order they are:
1 - #17 - Rover 114 driven by P.Coleman
2 - #14 - Rover Metro driven by T.Connell
3 - #27 - Rover Metro Gti driven by D.Willars
4 - #98 - Rover Metro Gti driven by J.Ashton
5 - #94 - Rover 100 driven by P.Goodwin
6 - Unsure

200's, and later 25's would not be eligible to enter the series.

Old 22 Jan 2020, 12:28 (Ref:3952726)   #1293
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

HSCC All-Comers open wheel race at the Hayes?
Old 22 Jan 2020, 13:40 (Ref:3952739)   #1294
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
They're not Rover 25's.

They all seem to have been taken from the MG Metro Cup event of Aug 2016.

In order they are:
1 - #17 - Rover 114 driven by P.Coleman
2 - #14 - Rover Metro driven by T.Connell
3 - #27 - Rover Metro Gti driven by D.Willars
4 - #98 - Rover Metro Gti driven by J.Ashton
5 - #94 - Rover 100 driven by P.Goodwin
6 - Unsure

200's, and later 25's would not be eligible to enter the series.

Fancy not recognising Tim Shooter.
Old 22 Jan 2020, 13:45 (Ref:3952742)   #1295
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Fancy not recognising Tim Shooter.
To be honest - I don't recognise any of them. Just going off the official entry list, which doesn't include Tim Shooter.
http://mgmetrocup.co.uk/wp-content/u...ll06082016.pdf

All I knew initially was that they aren't Rover 25's (wrong size, wrong age).
Old 22 Jan 2020, 14:28 (Ref:3952747)   #1296
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Poor rbs! Sounds like a simple mistake of quoting the wrong Rover model number to me.....
Old 22 Jan 2020, 14:30 (Ref:3952748)   #1297
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
I'm guessing it must be a 25 or larger referred to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI4f6JCF45c
Old 22 Jan 2020, 16:43 (Ref:3952765)   #1298
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
To be honest - I don't recognise any of them. Just going off the official entry list, which doesn't include Tim Shooter.
http://mgmetrocup.co.uk/wp-content/u...ll06082016.pdf

All I knew initially was that they aren't Rover 25's (wrong size, wrong age).
I cheated I read the programme.
Old 22 Jan 2020, 17:48 (Ref:3952780)   #1299
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
I cheated I read the programme.
Old 22 Jan 2020, 17:52 (Ref:3952781)   #1300
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Pas de chance, rbs, pour une fois qu'un Français voyait un Métro sans jour de grève…