Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Feb 2024, 20:17 (Ref:4197494)   #2676
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Crikey, this threads like a Christmas tree..... baubles everywhere. Even in the snow.
Old 20 Feb 2024, 22:46 (Ref:4197512)   #2677
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Definitely some Cavalier attitudes being displayed in some of those pics
Old 20 Feb 2024, 23:14 (Ref:4197518)   #2678
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can pedal any story you like, but I think it demonstrates a cavalier attitude to claim it's so grand. Father always said it was no good - wood you agree? There's now only one thing for it: to begin the cycle again.
Old 20 Feb 2024, 23:37 (Ref:4197524)   #2679
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
You can pedal any story you like, but I think it demonstrates a cavalier attitude to claim it's so grand. Father always said it was no good - wood you agree? There's now only one thing for it: to begin the cycle again.
Keep taking the pills Paul!
Old 21 Feb 2024, 18:19 (Ref:4197657)   #2680
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Paul, I won't tell you how many times it took to fully appreciate! Thanks.
Old 21 Feb 2024, 20:31 (Ref:4197680)   #2681
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Is this a puzzle or a Stupido Club entry test?

Simply choose the odd one out from each of the following lists;

Brilli-Peri
Scarponi. A cyclist.
Campari

Loxley. Loxley Lozenge star of Last of the Summer Wine.
Clyno.
Horch

Caen
Turweston An airfield.
Ibsley

Marimon
Mieres
Portago Spanish other two Argentinian.

Sacha- Gordine
Spagnoli A driver, not a car.
Pacific

The Mad Russian Indy 500 winner Bill Vukovich
Rattlesnake Johnson Fictious
Frank 'Dynamite Wilson. Fictious

1 Hill
2 Hill American.
3 Hill'
Some good results but no perfect scores.
Old 21 Feb 2024, 20:38 (Ref:4197681)   #2682
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another Odd-One-Out for you to tackle, naturally each is unique in some respect, but what is the less obvious answer. When you get it right, I am sure you will recognise the fact.
Attached Thumbnails
P1.JPG   P5.JPG   P4.JPG  

P6.jpg   P3.JPG   P2.JPG  

Old 21 Feb 2024, 20:50 (Ref:4197683)   #2683
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm sure this is not the answer you're looking for but only one of them was made into a scalextric model.
Old 21 Feb 2024, 23:40 (Ref:4197697)   #2684
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I'm sure this is not the answer you're looking for but only one of them was made into a scalextric model.
You are right, Peter, that is not what I had in mind, but certainly underlines your credentials as ...hmm?

Smarty Pants Mike Crow had the 'right' answer. Clever lad.
Old 22 Feb 2024, 08:59 (Ref:4197727)   #2685
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I believe the "right" answer can't be that only one is not front engined because it's obvious.
Old 22 Feb 2024, 10:16 (Ref:4197739)   #2686
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I believe the "right" answer can't be that only one is not front engined because it's obvious.
Correct Gerard, far to obvious, the answer has nothing to do with specification.

The BRM is the real clue.
Old 22 Feb 2024, 10:21 (Ref:4197740)   #2687
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Peter. Really? I was never into Scalectrix myself, but I find that quite surprising. I would guess at the Vanwall as the one, but what would it race against?

I suppose, Moss, Brooks, and Lewis- Evans would have to fight it out amongst themselves.

Now tell me I have made a fool of myself.
Old 22 Feb 2024, 11:06 (Ref:4197751)   #2688
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nope, that's the one. There was a set which included two coopers, but you could buy a Vanwall as a separate model. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264278632...RoC-dcQAvD_BwE
Old 22 Feb 2024, 12:38 (Ref:4197757)   #2689
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Well, well my ploy has worked, I'm no good at puzzles cry Midge and Viv, but!!!

MM spots the deliberate mistake in the text (well done) then goes on to add a little witticism, demonstrating all of the talents needed to tackle any puzzle.

Viv, another whiner quickly spots the anomaly in the picture, and makes appropriate comment. The picture was chosen to invite amusing/insulting/ribald replies, and Viv could not resist, another example of talent under a bush.

No more excuses, I expect swift, accurate answers from both in the future.
Spot the Bauble.
I thought I'd finally managed to answer this one using a felt tipped pen. All I ended up with were a load of dots on my computer screen... Don't worry, I've now crawled back under my bush.
Old 22 Feb 2024, 15:47 (Ref:4197791)   #2690
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Another Odd-One-Out for you to tackle, naturally each is unique in some respect, but what is the less obvious answer. When you get it right, I am sure you will recognise the fact.
I’ve cracked it….only one blue car!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 22 Feb 2024, 18:10 (Ref:4197807)   #2691
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
I’ve cracked it….only one blue car!
Being dalton, can't say if you're right or not. Sorry for any inconvenience…
Old 22 Feb 2024, 18:41 (Ref:4197811)   #2692
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Nope, that's the one. There was a set which included two coopers, but you could buy a Vanwall as a separate model. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264278632...RoC-dcQAvD_BwE
I also had a metal bodied Scalextric Maserati 250F.
This latest quiz could it be the BRM is not in taditional national racing colours.
Old 22 Feb 2024, 18:46 (Ref:4197815)   #2693
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I also had a metal bodied Scalextric Maserati 250F.
This latest quiz could it be the BRM is not in taditional national racing colours.
Old 22 Feb 2024, 18:53 (Ref:4197817)   #2694
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You mean its green but not BRG? Its obvious, is it?
Old 22 Feb 2024, 19:00 (Ref:4197819)   #2695
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Never certain with Baub's questions these days. I was assuming the Cooper was in the Scottish colours.
Old 22 Feb 2024, 19:06 (Ref:4197821)   #2696
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Can't see the sticker on the rear engine fairing but surely it's not Écurie Écosse. And the clue is the BRM.

Last edited by Gerard C; 22 Feb 2024 at 19:12.
Old 22 Feb 2024, 19:21 (Ref:4197827)   #2697
bauble
Veteran

England
I hate to see grown men cry, the odd-one-out is the Ferrari, and the BRM is in the colours of the British Racing Partnership run for a well know English racing driver of the 50's. He was also knighted later in life. sadly I cannot immediately recall his name, but rolling stones seems to resonate somehow.

A fed-up too the teeth puzzle setter..

Bauble.

Mike Crow had it right within hours of me posting the puzzle.
Old 22 Feb 2024, 19:22 (Ref:4197828)   #2698
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Never certain with Baub's questions these days. I was assuming the Cooper was in the Scottish colours.
Not Rob Walker?
Old 22 Feb 2024, 19:24 (Ref:4197829)   #2699
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You mean Sir Stirling Moss tested but did not race it?
Old 22 Feb 2024, 19:26 (Ref:4197830)   #2700
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Another quizz: why did you say the BRM is the clue when actually we're looking for the Ferrari?