Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Mar 2024, 00:24 (Ref:4200551)   #2751
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Something blindingly obvious, you might easily miss, but can you find the odd-one-out?
Attached Thumbnails
481.jpg   IMG_4813.JPG   HSCC May 026.JPG  

IMG_5239.JPG   IMG_5247.JPG   IMG_5288.JPG  

Old 9 Mar 2024, 08:24 (Ref:4200571)   #2752
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Something blindingly obvious, you might easily miss, but can you find the odd-one-out?
Only one is a proper car?!!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 9 Mar 2024, 08:55 (Ref:4200573)   #2753
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Only one is a proper car?!!
I like the answer, but ..................... not the reasoning
Old 9 Mar 2024, 09:51 (Ref:4200575)   #2754
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only one has a roof!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 9 Mar 2024, 09:56 (Ref:4200577)   #2755
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Three.
Old 9 Mar 2024, 10:27 (Ref:4200578)   #2756
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Only one has a roof!
RBS thinks the reason is only the Porsche is made in Germany, he is right of course, ... but also wrong.
Old 9 Mar 2024, 10:55 (Ref:4200580)   #2757
bauble
Veteran

England
Which car is the most attractive do you think?
(no need to answer 356, we already know your opinion.)
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0430.JPG   08-IMG_2769-2532687508-O.jpg   IMG_2341.JPG  

IMG_8894.JPG   IMG_6412.jpg   HSCC May 026.JPG  

Old 9 Mar 2024, 11:33 (Ref:4200582)   #2758
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has to be the 250F.
Old 9 Mar 2024, 13:07 (Ref:4200588)   #2759
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Has to be the 250F.
Actually RB it is not a beauty contest, it's more subtle than that.
Old 9 Mar 2024, 17:14 (Ref:4200607)   #2760
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Elite. GRP monocoque.
Old 10 Mar 2024, 11:21 (Ref:4200688)   #2761
bauble
Veteran

England
Puzzle 2751.
There is an
A ston Martin
A lta
A llard.
A ustin Healy
A ustin Seven
P orsche.

Can anyone guess which is e Odd-One-Out?
Old 10 Mar 2024, 11:24 (Ref:4200690)   #2762
bauble
Veteran

England

Surely the Magnette is most attractive? Great for pulling the Babes as well.
Old 10 Mar 2024, 17:44 (Ref:4200726)   #2763
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Puzzle 2751.
There is an
A ston Martin
A lta
A llard.
A ustin Healy
A ustin Seven
P orsche.

Can anyone guess which is e Odd-One-Out?
Number 4 is the only one named after an England Team Rugby Player?
Old 10 Mar 2024, 17:54 (Ref:4200730)   #2764
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Number 4 is the only one named after an England Team Rugby Player?
Who is this Mister Healy?
Old 10 Mar 2024, 17:57 (Ref:4200731)   #2765
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's "A" Porsche.
Old 10 Mar 2024, 18:13 (Ref:4200732)   #2766
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It's "A" Porsche.
I thought it was as easy as A B C,
Old 12 Mar 2024, 09:55 (Ref:4200967)   #2767
bauble
Veteran

England
Who might drive this car?

1 Kevin Costner.

2 Keir Starmer.

3 Marie Le Pen.

4 Richard Branson,

5 Tom Jones.

6 Kate Blanchett.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0003.JPG  
Old 12 Mar 2024, 12:25 (Ref:4200984)   #2768
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I sent an answer in. Just waiting to be told Im barking up the wrong tree and clueless.
Old 12 Mar 2024, 14:04 (Ref:4200993)   #2769
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
All being famous soccer players, I suggest Monica Lewinsky. IMO. Looking for my blue dress and coat now…
Old 12 Mar 2024, 15:25 (Ref:4201005)   #2770
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:

1 Kevin Costner.

2 Keir Starmer.

3 Marie Le Pen.

4 Richard Branson,

5 Tom Jones.

6 Kate Blanchett.
Frankly I'm not sure (am I on the right lines Baub?)
Old 12 Mar 2024, 17:22 (Ref:4201015)   #2771
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I suppose Marie Le Pen as La Frenchie comes closest
Old 12 Mar 2024, 19:38 (Ref:4201042)   #2772
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I suppose Marie Le Pen as La Frenchie comes closest
Right hand drive too.
Old 13 Mar 2024, 00:37 (Ref:4201069)   #2773
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:

1 Kevin Costner.

2 Keir Starmer.

3 Marie Le Pen.

4 Richard Branson,

5 Tom Jones.

6 Kate Blanchett.

Humble Pie on the menu tonight, wrong picture posted. I had hoped that someone might come up with a plausible answer I could say that it was what I had in mind, however, despite E.B and SSmith coming up with left of field theories, I have to apologise. Let's try again.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0043 (1).JPG  
Old 13 Mar 2024, 02:13 (Ref:4201075)   #2774
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Im sticking with the same "left of field" answer
Old 13 Mar 2024, 08:07 (Ref:4201093)   #2775
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Humble Pie on the menu tonight, wrong picture posted. I had hoped that someone might come up with a plausible answer I could say that it was what I had in mind, however, despite E.B and SSmith coming up with left of field theories, I have to apologise. Let's try again.
Oh well, no wonder I was confused then. I'll get my thinking cap back on and have another go later