Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Oct 2021, 21:08 (Ref:4078125)   #76
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I wonder if Hamilton has seen that photo?
Not sure - but he does accept that changing tyres was safer.

Old 12 Oct 2021, 00:52 (Ref:4078145)   #77
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I wonder if Hamilton has seen that photo?
As well as Lewis backtracking with hindsight, Mercedes have (also with hindsight) justified their decision to stop using Ocon's rubber as an example of why they chose to stop rather than risk a DNF.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/me...e-end/6684947/
Old 12 Oct 2021, 01:00 (Ref:4078148)   #78
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
As well as Lewis backtracking with hindsight, Mercedes have (also with hindsight) justified their decision to stop using Ocon's rubber as an example of why they chose to stop rather than risk a DNF.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/me...e-end/6684947/
Not quite. He's not backtracking.
He's simply explaining the situation of a private reaction to a world that insists on putting its own spin on everything that happens to the world that wants to listen in to their private conversations.

What is said in the heat of the moment is real.
what the rest of the world makes of it is often BS.
Old 12 Oct 2021, 01:20 (Ref:4078151)   #79
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quite.
It is perfectly possible to have frank exchanges with those you work with closely and trust. Especially in high pressure environments. And that’s a good thing!

Probably reflects more on those writing the words. Either they just don’t have lives that are that interesting, the ability to listen and understand others, they are looking for a hot take, or to attract clicks.
Old 13 Oct 2021, 16:27 (Ref:4078325)   #80
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In the aftermath of the Turkish GP, Mercedes apparently aren't ruling out another grid penalty.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...bZNPqpFIfObdZ8
Old 14 Oct 2021, 09:14 (Ref:4078398)   #81
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
In the aftermath of the Turkish GP, Mercedes apparently aren't ruling out another grid penalty.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...bZNPqpFIfObdZ8
Im starting to wonder if Mercedes the recent upturn in Mercedes pace is becuase they have realised taking a fresh engine and running it in a higher engine mode, for fewer races is the best way to beat Red Bull in this close fight?
Old 14 Oct 2021, 09:53 (Ref:4078404)   #82
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Merc are still the class of the field and are taking no chances, although I'm not sure it's really necessary to keep changing parts
Old 14 Oct 2021, 14:32 (Ref:4078451)   #83
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
this is one of the more interesting aspect of the budget cap for me...who has the ability to continue development and push new parts until the last race of the season?

costs for additional PUs are outside of the budget cap i believe but are subject to grid penalties (perhaps they should be even harsher grid penalties but that is another debate).

so there is a trade off between finding more performance through development and new parts (thus sacrificing spending during other parts of the season) or by using an extra engine and taking a grid penalty.

Merc, who were adamant about not having any more development/upgrades seems to be bringing out a new wing (or an old wing that they seem to understand better) and combined with an extra PU are showing more pace as a result. RB upgraded earlier in the season but Max (some of this was outside his control) didnt get a chance to make the most of it.

maybe because of these rules, this is just an elaborate scheme, contrived, all aimed to create the illusion of a close season long back and forth battle?

maybe it is, but im buying it lol. i am very much enjoying this new dynamic!