Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 27 Jun 2000, 21:41 (Ref:19882)   #1
Geva racing
Racer

Geva racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the Brands Hatch circuit/paddock is revised will it affect the Festival "feeling"

Let's be honest, we all come to brands to win or see great racing but also for the KENTAGON!

if the paddock his moved to the innerfield of the GP circuit what would that mean for the festival.

I think that the Festival is getting very sterile and it has lost some of the pre weekend magic.

I don't miss the gravel and lack of power iun the paddock but I miss comradeship as you will between the teams.

It's all about performance now .

in the seventies and mid eighties a privateer could win but now only one privateer seems capable of that: Mark taylor.

tell me what you think.
Old 28 Jun 2000, 17:11 (Ref:19993)   #2
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Geva, not having seen the festival first hand, I am unable to comment of the "Feeling" you talk about.
But, I do agree with your idea that Taylor is the only privateer with a hope, (que boasts from Mackmot )
Old 29 Jun 2000, 22:46 (Ref:20340)   #3
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The festival is the best party ever. It is an even better excuse to get p!55ed than New Years Eve, I mean when you know the winner and then they srve behind the bar all the drinks are free.

Other than that there still is a great comradeship it is the only time of the season when people will help each other. I mean, there is a great rivalry between us and Haywood, but during the festival last year, we had just had our truck broken into a few days before with a lot of equipment stolen but once we were at the festival every team was offering us help even Haywood.

The only problem with the festival last year is that the winner who is a great driver is now not doing any racing.

(what are the proposed changes anyway??)
Old 30 Jun 2000, 09:48 (Ref:20457)   #4
Geva racing
Racer

well the paddock will be changed or even moved to the infield of the gp-circuit part.

as for Ricardo van der Ende: he raced for us in 1997 and threw away the championship by crashing out in the final race. he doesn't think while he is driving and if courtney would have been allowed he would have catched him and won

I don't Like Ricardo but still he's a good driver.
Old 30 Jun 2000, 21:15 (Ref:20590)   #5
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how can you not like him??? he is really friendly not like craig murray (his old rival)
Old 1 Jul 2000, 10:44 (Ref:20719)   #6
Geva racing
Racer

Weel sure he seems likeable but when he drives for you he's a real pain in the arse.