Old 3 Aug 2001, 14:38 (Ref:125609)   #1
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Giovanni 'Spaghetti' Alesi signs for Jordan!!!! >>>By f1i.com

Alesi signs for Jordan!

Our sources suggest that Jean Alesi has today signed a deal to drive for Jordan Grand Prix to race from Hungary onwards

F1i.com's sources have informed us that Jean Alesi has signed the deal that will take him from Prost Grand Prix to Jordan for the remainder of the season.

The French-Sicilian, who is the oldest driver on the grid, is still highly rated by a large portion of the grid, even though one Jordan insider branded him "a nutter". The French team is now in deep financial trouble, however, and releasing Alesi may have secured valuable funds for Prost and avert the immediate threat of having his assets seized.

When questioned about the move at Hockenheim, Alesi said: "I will have to explain something a little later." His mid-season switch

Alesi will line up alongside Jarno Trulli from the Hungarian Grand Prix onwards. Ricardo Zonta's immediate future is less clear. While it would make some sense for him to go to Prost, if indeed there is a team to race for, a contractual conflict may prevent this occurring.

While the teams may be satisfied with the deal, it is unlikely that Bridgestone will want Zonta to go to Prost and take a great deal of its current tyre technology secrets with him to a Michelin-supplied team. It will benefit, however, from Alesi bringing a great deal of information about Michelin's tyres to the Bridgestone-shod Jordan outfit.

I say that Sarrazin or Badoer will be racing in Alesi's place at Prost for the rest of '01

Last edited by LucaBadoer; 3 Aug 2001 at 14:40.
Old 3 Aug 2001, 15:11 (Ref:125620)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What do you bet the "insider" who branded Alesi a nutter was ... Trulli?

I hope it is the truth. But I will wait and see.

Meanwhile there is some Pitlane Patter that Wurtz is going to Toyota and Zonta (who is still under a McLaren contract) may be their new test driver.

We'll see.
Old 3 Aug 2001, 15:20 (Ref:125623)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well i hope they hold off on the announcement for a week at least because ive just posted this as the weekly poll and then came in and read this ...DOH !!!!

still you can post your opinion at tentenths.com/poll
Old 3 Aug 2001, 15:34 (Ref:125632)   #4
zealot
Racer

zealot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had wanted to see Wim Daems get the Jordan ride, but he may still be in the running for the Prost spot.
Old 3 Aug 2001, 20:55 (Ref:125673)   #5
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dearly hope Jean ends up at Jordan, but I also hope that Prost ends up with a decent driver alongside Burti. I wonder if ALain Prost will be forced to sell the team, considering the financial difficulties he is having?
Old 4 Aug 2001, 00:18 (Ref:125715)   #6
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes!!!!! Hurrah!!! Now we can REALLY see if JA is any good (or not, he could be rubbish, fans!!!)

Diniz should drive for Prost, and waht of Zonta?? Oh who cares.......
Old 4 Aug 2001, 10:51 (Ref:125795)   #7
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liz does! There are one or two of us strange people around (myself included) who think that having seen him win in F3K and FIA GT's, he might have some talent or ability in there somewhere, and could have some potential to do well in F1. He was just trying too hard in Germany
Old 4 Aug 2001, 14:04 (Ref:125817)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you MichaelC, that is what I think too. And Bella cares if he succeeds too. He's a good pilot and he deserves a good chance to prove it.

Do you think Trulli has announced he will make up his mind about his future in 2 weeks, to see if this is actually true? And if it is true, what will he do?
Old 5 Aug 2001, 19:24 (Ref:126255)   #9
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricardo has no place in F1 racing.

I think Sarrazin would be the most likely replacement for Alesi at Prost.
Old 5 Aug 2001, 21:30 (Ref:126303)   #10
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Zonta is another one of those excellent talents that just hasn't been realised yet...
Old 5 Aug 2001, 21:43 (Ref:126314)   #11
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Musical chairs?

Really the only think we actually needs is see more drivers replacements for the Japanese GP: Takuma Sato in the place of Alesi at Jordan, and see another ex-F.Nippon driver at the seat of Sarrazin at Prost (or see a one-off comeback of Jean Alesi at Prost).
When will are the elections for the next president of FIA? I want to vote!!!
Old 6 Aug 2001, 08:03 (Ref:126492)   #12
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The real silly season has started! I've heard JA's wife has some relations among Japanese Bosses. But how is EJ going to grant a seat to Sato for Japan 2001? Will he pay to any of his drivers to pretend to be ill? Or send Trully to Benneton?