Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Mar 2007, 13:10 (Ref:1871353)   #376
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This press release fro the SRO give a little more information. Men and Motors will show the FIA GT races LIVE stating up to 47 hours of live coverage, that must include the Spa 24 hours. The release also says that M&M will be providing LIVE coverage of the FIA GT3 championship. All sounds pretty promising, good on M&M.

http://www.fiagt.com/system/_download.php?key=144 (PDF)
Old 19 Mar 2007, 13:41 (Ref:1871382)   #377
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New-look FIA GT website. Picture across the top lists different manufacturers, and includes Saleen. Silly mistake or do they know something we don't...!?
Old 19 Mar 2007, 14:59 (Ref:1871446)   #378
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the previous newsletter Men and Motors will also be showin FIA GT qualifying, presumeably live.
Old 19 Mar 2007, 16:37 (Ref:1871517)   #379
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The sky EPG for men & motors next weekend shows Nightscreen-Preview-Teleshopping when the race would be on.
Old 19 Mar 2007, 17:03 (Ref:1871537)   #380
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It looks like US will the only country w/o FIAGT TV coverage. I guess we have to go to Mexico on vacation to be able to watch the races (only 2 hr drive for me)
Old 19 Mar 2007, 17:08 (Ref:1871539)   #381
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I look forward to it, if it really IS on? SRO TV schedule doesn't list M&M for Zhuhai. I wonder if it's all too late for Race 1?
Old 19 Mar 2007, 17:54 (Ref:1871571)   #382
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good news for FIA GT. Bravo gave the series decent coverage last year but this seems to be a little better and better targeted, Men and Motors should get more in the way of viewers than Bravo ever did when you consider Men and Motors motorsport tv history.
Old 19 Mar 2007, 18:38 (Ref:1871623)   #383
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Why have the Maserati's 25 kg extra ballast at Zhuhai?
Old 20 Mar 2007, 09:09 (Ref:1872100)   #384
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Good news for FIA GT. Bravo gave the series decent coverage last year but this seems to be a little better and better targeted, Men and Motors should get more in the way of viewers than Bravo ever did when you consider Men and Motors motorsport tv history.
Another channel change!! I had M&M on my Telewest, (now Virgin) package for a while, so I hope i've still got it as i'll actually want to watch it if GT's are on!

In fact I'm going to go and check now.....

Yep, still there!

Last edited by chunterer; 20 Mar 2007 at 09:15.
Old 20 Mar 2007, 09:23 (Ref:1872111)   #385
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thank God for D:SF, I will be able to see FIA GT this year. Too bad their coverage does not include GT3, it would have been great to be able to watch fellow Greek Dimitris Deverikos.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 09:11 (Ref:1872922)   #386
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Still can't believe there's no front line Saleens entered this year yet (pleading voice)

Last year, the Zakspeed, ORECA and ACEMCO cars proved that the thing is still competitive yet people are shying away from the FIA series. There's 2 on the LMS entry list!

Is it an overly expensive car to run or something then?

Surely Mr Ratel and his bods will be trying to encourage the participation of at least one.

What is current status of the Zakspeed car/s and don't ORECA have 2 and wasn't there rumours that one of them might end up in this series?
Old 21 Mar 2007, 09:14 (Ref:1872923)   #387
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
mirkob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SpotAutoMoto magazine reports today, there are still 2 chances for Saleen in FIA GT:

1) Zakspeed could join since Silverstone

2) An ex-ACEMCO S7R (not Spectrum)

My question, what ends for Konrad Saleen ?
Old 21 Mar 2007, 09:22 (Ref:1872929)   #388
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Zakspeed at Silverstone or after Silverstone?

Anyway I thought they were closing after some alledged financial 'problems? Be great if their still going and can join in!

Who's supposed to enter the ex ACEMCO car?

Good point about Konrad cars, surely it would cost a bit to get them fully updated to front running spec, but would make useful Citation Cup propositions in their current older spec?
Old 21 Mar 2007, 10:59 (Ref:1872985)   #389
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I spoke to Franz Konrad at Sebring - no mention of FIA GT at all - Probable 2 x Saleens for the Brazilian LMS race and possible ALMS for one car but it needs a sponsor
Old 21 Mar 2007, 11:05 (Ref:1872990)   #390
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Balfe Saleen is still lying around, could be good for the Citation Cup. GNM had one other car too, I wonder what happened to that? Plus two years ago RAM Racing had an S7-R, as well as the two Konrad and two GNM cars, I wonder where that one is nowadays?

I'm guessing the cars are there to be raced, its just a case of finding them and raising a little money?
Old 21 Mar 2007, 12:26 (Ref:1873044)   #391
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The RAM S7R is/was a Konrad car
Old 21 Mar 2007, 12:31 (Ref:1873049)   #392
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was bought by them though, it has been for sale for ages, and I don't think it was ever sold.
Old 23 Mar 2007, 19:24 (Ref:1874693)   #393
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=The Badger]
Didnt Mercedes-Benz have Cessna sponsorship at their last appearance at Le Mans ??? Must have been Cessna , it didnt fly very well !!!
[QUOTE]
not even going to bother going to the bottom, that made my day.
that is funny.
perhaps im over reacting...
Old 23 Mar 2007, 19:27 (Ref:1874695)   #394
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkob
A little OT, a "new" Porsche GT1 (maybe) coming ?
The GPR Carrera GT seems ready to go ;-)

Link:

http://www.racingworld.be/nieuws/411...lling-GPR.html
i dont wna do any raining on parades, but it looks a bit unmade to me.
compare that to a maserati, and it looks a bit shabby- just a road car with a wing. the masser looks proper sorted as a racer and this...doesnt.