Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 7 Feb 2019, 12:44 (Ref:3882388)   #26
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mats Ohman and Robin Larsson sign with JC Raceteknik for a European & RallyX Nordic campaign:

https://www.jcraceteknik.com/en/nyhe...VGsm1E_APIi99Q
Old 8 Feb 2019, 10:13 (Ref:3882591)   #27
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ulrik Linneman revealed in a video on Facebook a few minutes ago that he will compete in the series along with OMSE in a Honda Civic.

The video is in Danish however. I barely understood it myself.
https://www.facebook.com/LinnemannRx...8751643700215/

That's the fifth driver confirmed and the third driver to make a switch from ERX to Nordic.
Old 8 Mar 2019, 11:54 (Ref:3889131)   #28
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Two cars from Hedström, drivers TBA but from the looks of the post it's probably Hedström himself and Daniel Thorén.

https://www.facebook.com/Hedstromsmo...&theater&ifg=1
Old 3 May 2019, 10:57 (Ref:3901468)   #29
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
16 Supercars for the first round in Höljes.

https://www.rallyx.se/2019/05/03/ral...8CWciXxZAgH7Nc

Notably Niclas Grönholm is on the entry list. Not sure if I'm too thrilled about it since he may completely dominate if he is in the Hyundai.
Old 3 May 2019, 12:04 (Ref:3901480)   #30
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How many kids has Andreas got for goodness sake, and they all seem to be boys! Give someone else a chance for Gods sake.

Oh, Hansen .....
Old 6 May 2019, 08:31 (Ref:3902158)   #31
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
How many kids has Andreas got for goodness sake, and they all seem to be boys! Give someone else a chance for Gods sake.

Oh, Hansen .....
Think he only has two sons, Kevin & Oliver.

Sebastian is not related.
Old 6 May 2019, 11:17 (Ref:3902207)   #32
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well why not give them a chance. They can make it in their own right if they perform
Old 20 May 2019, 08:24 (Ref:3904812)   #33
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Decent opening rounds for the Championship. Great to have the livestream on Facebook (and with English commentary which was an unexpected bonus).

Seemed like a lot of bad luck for Larsson, as I thought he was the quickest car out on track. Least he got a podium on Sunday, though that should have been a win.

I was quite interested by the OMSE Mk.8 Fiesta "test car": looks like they have ditched the front mounted cooling package and reverted to radiators in the back again?
Old 20 May 2019, 17:46 (Ref:3904925)   #34
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Decent opening rounds for the Championship. Great to have the livestream on Facebook (and with English commentary which was an unexpected bonus).

Seemed like a lot of bad luck for Larsson, as I thought he was the quickest car out on track. Least he got a podium on Sunday, though that should have been a win.

I was quite interested by the OMSE Mk.8 Fiesta "test car": looks like they have ditched the front mounted cooling package and reverted to radiators in the back again?
Nordic is going in a similar direction of WRX or GRC, it wants to be a series known internationally. Eriksson is also involved. Not a championship aimed towards mostly Swedes and Norwegians anymore but I think that could be a good thing for Supercars in the north of Europe.

Larsson had gearbox problems during Saturday which ruined that day. Not sure how they got things running on Sunday since not even the reserve gearbox was a 100% during Saturday.

It apparently was the WRX car, don't know how they have changed it. Either way, it still has the same questionable suspension setup as the Lites. The car looks somewhat unsettled.
Old 21 May 2019, 16:46 (Ref:3905092)   #35
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is there a link anywhere to the live show?
Old 21 May 2019, 20:04 (Ref:3905137)   #36
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Is there a link anywhere to the live show?
Round 1 (Saturday):

https://www.facebook.com/rallyxnordic/videos/456338588503592/

Round 2 (Sunday):

https://www.facebook.com/rallyxnordic/videos/2459520100759205/
Old 22 May 2019, 16:41 (Ref:3905245)   #37
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Amazed at Hedstrom, he seems to always get big sponsors despite never really winning a lot!!
Old 22 May 2019, 18:03 (Ref:3905254)   #38
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Amazed at Hedstrom, he seems to always get big sponsors despite never really winning a lot!!
No one to blame but himself really as many locals are amazed at how his "team" is able to keep it going.

The big sponsor, TiK or "Thoréns in Kil" (Kil is a town in Sweden), is actually Daniel Thorén who runs a entrepreneurship of some kind. A complete amateur with money to spend who went into Supercars.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 22:09 (Ref:3929543)   #39
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
did anyone see the last round? Just caught it on youtube, too much to list, was like a choreographed play, it was a bit ridiculous honestly, but great drama and viewing.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 08:08 (Ref:3929597)   #40
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
did anyone see the last round? Just caught it on youtube, too much to list, was like a choreographed play, it was a bit ridiculous honestly, but great drama and viewing.
Yeah, I watched it! Pretty incredible finish to the season. I wanted to see Larsson win, but the way it happened wasn't great. Not the first time we have seen cars retire with "mechanical issues" in order to let a reserve car take the start.

Felt for Oliver Eriksson. He did absolutely everything right and then had it taken away from him on the last lap of the race. I just read a post from OMSE stating that the car landed heavily off a jump and Oliver clipped a wall. Didn't see that during the coverage but, irrespective really, still gutting for him.

For anyone who missed it you can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYmq28qJdsM

Semi finals start about an hour in.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 09:06 (Ref:3929611)   #41
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I will have to see it. Of course mechanical problems have always been a part of motorsport, so that's how it goes. Of course it's hard for the person it happens to. These things happen. Sometimes it can be bad luck, sometimes it is self inflicted.

Will try and watch that clip later. Thanks for that
Old 23 Sep 2019, 09:20 (Ref:3929619)   #42
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Yeah, I watched it! Pretty incredible finish to the season. I wanted to see Larsson win, but the way it happened wasn't great. Not the first time we have seen cars retire with "mechanical issues" in order to let a reserve car take the start.

Felt for Oliver Eriksson. He did absolutely everything right and then had it taken away from him on the last lap of the race. I just read a post from OMSE stating that the car landed heavily off a jump and Oliver clipped a wall. Didn't see that during the coverage but, irrespective really, still gutting for him.
I was fortunate to go there and yeah, it was quite the spectacle. Ekström was open about the move on Facebook afterwards and after all he was there to help Larsson. During the heats he would take second after the start and hold up the pack so Larsson got clear. Without Ekström's vital support this weekend I doubt Larsson would've won it.

A rose joint broke for Eriksson. I can't help but think that had he been told by his spotter to ease up a bit, he would be champ. He was so far ahead of the rest and Larsson would never have caught up anyways, yet he kept going flat out and had the joker left too.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 16:01 (Ref:3929680)   #43
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to say that the circuit looked a bit makeshift. I hate to see concrete walls like that so close to fast bits of the circuit. Heard rumours that they will drop Holjes for this place. I certainly hope not. It looks awful and I didn't see one overtake during the races.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 16:04 (Ref:3929682)   #44
S griffin
Veteran

I guess a few circuits are like that, but it doesn’t feel right. There are some good ones out there, hope they make the right decisions with the tracks they go to
Old 23 Sep 2019, 16:43 (Ref:3929694)   #45
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Have to say that the circuit looked a bit makeshift. I hate to see concrete walls like that so close to fast bits of the circuit. Heard rumours that they will drop Holjes for this place. I certainly hope not. It looks awful and I didn't see one overtake during the races.
Don't worry, Höljes got four years left on their contract and the hype about Tierp died after last years flop event.

Besides, the track have gone through two bankruptcies, had a racing circuit that failed and its biggest event, drag racing, "only" brings some 15,000 people.

It has many things Höljes doesn't like huge fields for parking and camping, nearby towns and Arlanda, gigantic standings etc. But overall, I highly doubt the track could attract huge crowds for rallycross.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 17:42 (Ref:3929708)   #46
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Don't worry, Höljes got four years left on their contract
That's what we thought about Montalegre...

...Tierp is definitely a quick circuit but I don't think it is anywhere near as interesting as Holjes.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 20:31 (Ref:3929773)   #47
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
That's what we thought about Montalegre...

...Tierp is definitely a quick circuit but I don't think it is anywhere near as interesting as Holjes.
True, but I think Höljes has such a status that it just can't be removed during a contract.

On another note, I read a rumour a while ago that Montalegre will be back next year.
Old 28 Sep 2019, 03:30 (Ref:3930522)   #48
juha205
Rookie

Spain
Galicia (Northwest Spain)
juha205 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post

On another note, I read a rumour a while ago that Montalegre will be back next year.
The mayor of Montalegre said in the TitansRX event that the WRX returns next year, and some marshalls told us the same. Will see...